Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Looks like you're off to a great start. The only thing I would comment on is the Air Raid intake. The stock box with a modular tube + Velossatech snorkel works the best without spending $300-$400 on an aftermarket intake. The Air Raids are known for the plexiglass warping thus raising IATs. The stock box seals the best and offers the best filtration using the regular Motorcraft paper filter. Be sure to post pictures! :cheers:
Just a quick note! Make a cardboard template of the thin Airaid Plexiglass cover. Replace the Airaid cover with 1/4 inch sheet Plexiglass carefully drill out the holes and champher the holes so they will not crack and you are good to go . No warping and no high IAC temps. I did this on my 2015 GT and sold my Airaid CAI to a member on this site as it would not fit my 18 GT. I have been in touch with INJEN made by Holley their new for 18 CAI should be out by late August.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Just a quick note! Make a cardboard template of the thin Airaid Plexiglass cover. Replace the Airaid cover with 1/4 inch sheet Plexiglass carefully drill out the holes and champher the holes so they will not crack and you are good to go . No warping and no high IAC temps. I did this on my 2015 GT and sold my Airaid CAI to a member on this site as it would not fit my 18 GT. I have been in touch with INJEN made by Holley their new for 18 CAI should be out by late August.
Thank you for the suggestion. However, in the three years I have had this intake system...no problems whatsoever :D

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Installed my MPT tune...all I have to say is holy moly did Ford neuter the V6. Different car all together and I love the way it shifts...smooth as butter and it just is so much more aggressive past 2500 RPM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
And the mods continue...just ordered an upper and lower GT grille for the car. The reason I did this was because after seeing a stock GT grill on a car, I realized that because of how the grill was recessed, it made the opening look thinner and more aggressive...the T-rex grille makes my nose look...well fat. So I have a GT upper and lower grill ordered and also ordered a wire mesh kit that will go over it so I can cutout the pony in the center. In short, I am keeping the style of the grill that I have, but this will have the pronounced aggressive 3-window look and make the front go the car less "fat".

Now for a quick review on the Steeda control arms...I'll keep it short and sweet...anyone and I mean anyone who has lowered their car...MUST GET THESE...the improvement in handling is indescribable...especially when this setup is added to a car fitted with larger sway bars...car just keep flat in the corners at high speeds with no questions asked...braking effectiveness is also increased because of less slop due to the stock rubber bushings...however, I must admit these control arms really did not come into their own until I had the tune installed...but then again, this was only because of the great setup I have.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
So I finally dynode the car today. Not necessarily the best conditions (81.61°F and 31% Humidity). Results are 268.16 HP and 268.19 torque. See attache graph.

Now this is with the stock intake manifold (need to finish porting my intake) and I think I am running a little rich...so a data-log and tune revision is needed.

Not complaining, for a naturally aspirated v6, i'm please...but I think some refinement is needed.

Thoughts?

[MENTION=28654]Nagare[/MENTION]...hope this helps with your build :D
Scan copy.jpg

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the run just to see how it came out and what you get out of the port job! I know temperature and humidity have an impact, but it sucks seeing their advertised dyno graph have 295 on the PRX93 tune and 260 on stock when most people seem to be getting more like what you got. The curves do look smooth though which counts for that improvement you mentioned.

I don't even want to do know what I'd get with the high temperature and humidity (showing 73% right now) of South Florida! In the beginning before I looked into it more, I was naively hoping that CAI, shorties, exhaust, and the intakes with the tune would hit the 300 barrier.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the run just to see how it came out and what you get out of the port job! I know temperature and humidity have an impact, but it sucks seeing their advertised dyno graph have 295 on the PRX93 tune and 260 on stock when most people seem to be getting more like what you got. The curves do look smooth though which counts for that improvement you mentioned.

I don't even want to do know what I'd get with the high temperature and humidity (showing 73% right now) of South Florida! In the beginning before I looked into it more, I was naively hoping that CAI, shorties, exhaust, and the intakes with the tune would hit the 300 barrier.
[MENTION=28654]Nagare[/MENTION]...the catch is I am in california...we do not have 93 octane fuel...this was on the 91PRX tune. Also....this is with the STOCK manifold...have not installed the ported manifold as I have to finish it (been really busy). So another run is in order to really see what is going on. A member on the FB cyclone forums says if the temperature were more favorable...I would probably be around 275 at the wheels...which seems right.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, didn't know about you being on 91, that could explain a bit and looking at it again, did you stop pulling early (around 6k) or did it just fall off? I'm thinking if you ran it to 7k+ you'd get higher numbers. So if better temps put you up 7hp, running it all the way 7300 or so (that's what it seems like mine tops out at stock) would probably net about the same.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, didn't know about you being on 91, that could explain a bit and looking at it again, did you stop pulling early (around 6k) or did it just fall off? I'm thinking if you ran it to 7k+ you'd get higher numbers. So if better temps put you up 7hp, running it all the way 7300 or so (that's what it seems like mine tops out at stock) would probably net about the same.
We stopped at 7k because we were unsure if MPT disabled the rev and speed limiters. Looks like I might have to do another run, but that will happen after I finish porting my intake manifold and install them.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Have not updated journal for a while...but today a huge step was taken for my build. I now have Sync 3 hardware and version 3.0 installed and running in the car. I LOVE IT. One of the mods I did while programming the car to accept the new hardware and software was disable the factory EQ preset and that made quite a difference in the audio quality despite just having the "base car" audio setup.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Finished programming the car today ( needed to program FCIM to "center stack display type and fix BCM for "toggle type emergency flasher"). Also something I noticed is that programming the car to have drive modes opened up a different set of parameters for MPT"s tune and the car seems even faster off the line and starts pulling around 2500rpm (as opposed to 4k on stock tune). I can only imagine the pull will be even stronger once I upgrade to an aluminum driveshaft.

I just love this car...its a fantastic all-around car...great daily driver, but also a lot of fun to get spirited with...very responsive and is just well...its what I was hoping the build would turn out to be :D

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered Steeda's front sub-frame brace. Looking forward to this mod.

I have decided to forego the aluminum driveshaft due to it being such a critical component to the car that if something goes wrong with the install or the shaft fails, then I am SOL. Also have forgone BMR's lowering motor mounts due to complaints about NVH (will post for sale shortly with all the other parts I have).

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
So tomorrow I am getting my Steeda sway-bar end links installed. Tonight, I ordered a new air intake tube and 3.5" coupler. My Airraid box top cracked and after examining the stock air box design, I decided that I am going to put it back and make it work with the GT throttle body that I have. The only part I am worried about with this is having to drill holes into the new intake tube to accommodate the vacuum lines that lead to the PCV valve (I have to keep this part of the emissions system since I am in CA and this will cause an automatic fail when I get the car smogged in two years).

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Just an update...car is now around 74,200 miles...still going strong. Steeda control arms with bearings made a huge difference in handling characteristics...later this month I am upgrading my sound system...Kenwood Excellion speakers, JL subwoofer and stealth box, and 5-channel amplifier :D. Have decided to cover dash in leather instead of carbon fiber (tried that 3 times and just could not get it correct :(...came close, but was not happy :(

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
First off...the car is now 75K old...Yes I LOVE DRIVING MY CAR.

In addition, I upgraded my audio system. ...went with Hertz MPK 165.3 Pro component speakers, Kenwood Excelon 5 channel amplifier, and JL Audio Subwoofer Box and subwoofer.

As it stands this is a HUGE upgrade to what I had before (the base 6 speaker system), but there is no question that I need to install a DSP (lack of time alignment is pretty noticeable as it stands). That will occur after I get my tax refund...still debating if I should install coaxial speakers in the rear or not.
Sponsored