BE AWARE OF ANARCHY MOTIVE

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 mustang V6 -> 2016 GTPP 6M
FWIW, I bought a shift knob from Derrick and it's absolutely beautiful, a true hand-crafted work of art. I just wanted a clean, simple knob with only the shift pattern on it, but he matched the color to the Competition Orange of my car.

It did take about 6 months from order to receipt in my case, but I expected a long wait based on comments on this forum. It's not an excuse or defense, but I get the impression that Derrick makes these knobs on a very part-time basis, and has some other full-time job. For the quality of the knob, the materials (solid steel), and the time it probably takes to make one, I doubt he's getting rich off of it. I can't imagine he's making more than a few bucks per shift knob, which may be one reason he's so slow in cranking them out.

Again FWIW, if I were in Derrick's shoes, I would give more forthright guidance as to how long it really will take for him to get around to making a knob. I would also think about whether it's worth doing at all, and consider the cost and price structure.

If you're lucky enough to have one of his knobs, I think it's the best out there. A more common plastic knob just doesn't have the same feel or finish as one of these 2 lb steel creations.
I don't question his quality of work. thats why I ordered although there are too many complaints. trust me everything you see out there all the BS other members experienced, I have gone through all. empty promises, family issue, employee issue, being sick, being busy, anniversary, too hard to make one, etc.
I can tell and Derrick should agree that I never pushed him too hard until Feb.
I was being gentle and respectful. I love his art and hoped to have one. But, it does not deserve this much troubles and lead time. and worst CS.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Love the one he did for me however you are not alone in your problems.

Basically if you are going to be upset spending $100 or less for a custom shift knob that takes 2-4 months (usually) to get to you, then go somewhere else.
Stormtrooper Shift Knob.JPG

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 mustang V6 -> 2016 GTPP 6M
Love the one he did for me however you are not alone in your problems.

Basically if you are going to be upset spending $100 or less for a custom shift knob that takes 2-4 months (usually) to get to you, then go somewhere else.
Stormtrooper Shift Knob.JPG
If it only take 2 - 4 months, I would never have been upset.I paid $140.77 USD for mine with shitty exchange rate. it ain't cheap. and I was even wondering if i could pay him more as mine was complicated as hell.

I will go somewhere else hoping others can do similar quality for his work or better.

Btw, yours is really nice.

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Wow, man, sorry to hear. I hate coming across these situations.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Add me to the list.

Ordered a custom knob for my GT350. He quoted me 6-8 weeks originally which I was fine with.

He pulled a lot of the tricks on me that you've probably heard elsewhere. Sent a tracking number that never updated. Just generally gave me the runaround.

37 weeks later (!) I finally got my knob, and it's wrong. I had him do the cobra emblem on the sides and specifically requested that the cobras face the front of the vehicle when viewed from the side (exactly as Ford does when they place the cobra emblem on the sides of the car.) But the driver's is facing the rear...

:curse:

The quality of the laser engraving isn't what I would expect either, having seen plenty of pics.

He did throw in a free shirt. Doesn't really fix things.

I am currently working with Billetworkz to add the GT350 pattern to their stable. Stay tuned.

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
That guy is a nightmare to deal with. It's a half ass'd hobby to him at best. I don't think he actually does any of the work I think he subs everything out to who ever he can whenever he can. Send him an email and if you get an answer it usually BS! He's strung lot's of people along for months on end. Sometimes delivering. Other times not. Not to mention his success rate is far from 100%. Lots of people weren't happy with the end result. After waiting forever!

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Been waiting 7 months for mine. Haven't heard from Derrick in almost 4 months when I last asked for an update. Giving up, going to order a Lathewerks knob.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Been waiting 7 months for mine. Haven't heard from Derrick in almost 4 months when I last asked for an update. Giving up, going to order a Lathewerks knob.
You might also want to check my thread about the Billetworkz knob I ended up getting. Took 3 weeks from order to delivery.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A mate of mine waited over 6 months but it DID arrive. Unfortunately, the quality wasn’t great. Certainly nothing like what was intended.
Derrick wanted the knob returned for rectification at the customers expense.
Only problem is, freight from Australia to the US is almost the same cost as the knob.
Needless to say, he gave up.
100% would not recommend.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
A good place to check out is Shift Solutions Co. They offer a good amount of off the shelf knobs as well as custom.

Sponsored

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Clock's been ticking away for 9 months now. No knob. I did send an email politely asking how it was comning along. Got no response at all.
Doesn't inspire confidence really...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clock's been ticking away for 9 months now. No knob. I did send an email politely asking how it was comning along. Got no response at all.
Doesn't inspire confidence really...
Too bad if you’d sold the car already...
Wonder if he realises that women can build a baby in that time-frame?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I told him once that if he's this far behind, he probably needs to stop taking orders, get caught up, then resume taking orders.

He said that "wasn't an option", which tells me that he's reliant on the income from new orders to even be able to get older customer's (paid for!) products out the door.

In other words, new customers are paying for old customer's knobs because at some point, he took that money out of the business and never properly repaid it.

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Apparently I wasn't smart enough to not order from him. I'm only going on 12 weeks which seems a short time compared to many. According to him it's going to ship soon... It wouldn't be an issue if he was honest when he gave is time estimates. Saying 7-8 weeks knowing it will be closer to 7-8 months just isn't cool.

Donovan 12:38 PM (9 minutes ago)
Is the order going to be shipped soon? I think I have been pretty patient. You originally said 7-8 weeks and this friday will be 12 weeks.

profile_mask2.png

Derrick Tackett
12:44 PM (4 minutes ago)

Yes it will ship soon.

On Tue, August 27, 2019 2:38 pm, Donovan wrote:
> Is the order going to be shipped soon? I think I have been pretty
> patient. You originally said 7-8 weeks and this friday will be 12 weeks.
>
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 12:54 PM Donovan <> wrote:
>
>
>> Ok, thank you!
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 12:53 PM Derrick Tackett
>> <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>>
>>> Yep a tracking email comes, and yours will be coming shortly.
>>>
>>>
>>> Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=15517>
>>> On Aug 16, 2019, at 2:50 PM, Donovan <> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Do you sent out notifications when they are shipped or is it a
>>>> surprise when they get here?
>>>>
>>>> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019, 8:29 PM Derrick Tackett <
>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> I'm almost done with this batch currently, it'll be coming very
>>>>> shortly.
>>>>>
>>>>> Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=15466>
>>>>> On Aug 8, 2019, at 9:48 PM, Donovan < > wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Do you have and estimate for when this will be shipped? It's
>>>>>> been closer to 9 weeks than the 7-8 weeks you estimated. Thank
>>>>>> you.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ORDER #AM4610
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 8:20 AM Donovan <>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Ok, sounds good.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Fri, Jun 7, 2019, 8:19 AM Derrick Tackett <
>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Right now with the amount of work I've got it's about 7-8
>>>>>>>> weeks roughly.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=14684>
>>>>>>>> On Jun 7, 2019, at 10:17 AM, Donovan <>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Do you have any idea how long this will take to produce?
>>>>>>>>> Your web
>>>>>>>>> page says it depends on the complexity of the knob and I
>>>>>>>>> was just wondering if you had a general idea? Thank you.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm amazed this guy is still around. Nothing but the same story on every different forum he is mentioned on.
Sponsored