Sponsored

'18 Mustang Ecoboost PP vs '19 Camaro Turbo 1LE

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Why is it that when there's a discussion, if someone isn't bending forward for the Mustang, some owners hurl insults & make accusations? Why are some owners insecure & defensive? Why can't it simply be an automotive discussion with varying points of view?

Everyone on Mustang, Camaro, Challenger & even Corvette forums are enthusiasts & it should feel more like a brotherhood. :amen:
Why am I getting PMs from trolls then? Go on C6 for 5 minutes and read the negative comments by the same people on here preaching why can't we get along, both forums have their bad apples and all of that other fake nonsense. Also I discussed a point using the lap times. If the Camaro chassis is leagues above the Mustang to where you cant even turn in the Mustang why would those lap times exist? If you can't daily drive a Mustang why are people buying them? There are a lot of questions that never are answered by the same people who keep spewing lies and other BS. Stop with that brotherhood crap there are multiple people on C6 in the last week calling everyone on here murderers. Sure sounds good :thumbsup:
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
But what about the constant "Alpha chassis is superior to the S550"?

A superior chassis wouldn't be -1.4 seconds behind even if it were 2 different drivers and the alpha had the worst driver because "superior" to me would mean that the Camaro would be at least 3+ seconds faster than the Mustang. That comparison had the SAME driver so the margin of error between both runs were probably pretty small.

I imagine that the alpha chassis is probably better when we get into the V8 variants because of how it makes it's power differently and magride, tuning etc. I doubt those the tested one even had mag since it just was a non 1LE.
The driver could have been paid off by Ford to sandbag the Camaro time. About the only thing I could think of.

OP
OP
PDX.Stang

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
Why am I getting PMs from trolls then? Go on C6 for 5 minutes and read the negative comments by the same people on here preaching why can't we get along, both forums have their bad apples and all of that other fake nonsense. Also I discussed a point using the lap times. If the Camaro chassis is leagues above the Mustang to where you cant even turn in the Mustang why would those lap times exist? If you can't daily drive a Mustang why are people buying them? There are a lot of questions that never are answered by the same people who keep spewing lies and other BS. Stop with that brotherhood crap there are multiple people on C6 in the last week calling everyone on here murderers. Sure sounds good
I've made the same statement on that forum, but "They do it, so why shouldn't I?" sounds sorta...
Anyway, whatever makes people feel better. I've spoken my peace.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
There's not much to compare online but here's a track that the 2016 Camaro Turbo and 2015 Mustang Ecoboost ran on. Same track conditions and it was submitted on the same day driven by the same driver. It appears the EB had a higher average speed and peak. These were non 1LE/PP cars. So considering the 2018's are same chassis just with more power, suspension tuning, wouldn't we expect the EB to still outperform it.

2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T
finished a flying lap of Hockenheim Short
in 1 minute and 16.8 seconds.

Track Hockenheim Short
Type flying start
Vehicle Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T (Mk VI)
Power / weight 275 ps / 1556 kg
Driver Uwe Sener
Time 1:16.800
Peak speed 174 kph (108 mph)
Average speed 122 kph (76 mph)
Air temperature 1 C (34 F)
Track temperature 3 C (37 F)

2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
finished a lap of Hockenheim Short
in 1 minute and 15.4 seconds.

Track Hockenheim Short
Type flying start
Vehicle Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Power / weight 314 ps / 1668 kg
Driver Uwe Sener
Time 1:15.400
Peak speed 178 kph (111 mph)
Average speed 124 kph (77 mph)
Air temperature 1 C (34 F)
Track temperature 3 C (37 F)
Link please?
Ok if German. We could just ask the driver who would likely love to provide feedback.
34F Air temp !!!?
Was this test on snow tires?

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Alpha chassis isn't superior. Both chassis are very similar in stiffness characteristics, with Ford traditionally tuning suspensions for American tracks and Chevy tuning hard for Euro tracks over the last decade or so. Yeah, Alpha does some neat stuff at autocross but that's not a reason I'd buy a platform that features 460hp motors on the top end.
I've made the same statement on that forum, but "They do it, so why shouldn't I?" sounds sorta...
Anyway, whatever makes people feel better. I've spoken my peace.
Just observing the behavior between the two communities was enough to bias me towards mustangs. It's hard to take the "knowledge" and "insight" of a community seriously when it's so heavily feeding back into itself. The Camaro advocates here are glowing examples.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PDX.Stang

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
Alpha chassis isn't superior. Both chassis are very similar in stiffness characteristics, with Ford traditionally tuning suspensions for American tracks and Chevy tuning hard for Euro tracks over the last decade or so. Yeah, Alpha does some neat stuff at autocross but that's not a reason I'd buy a platform that features 460hp motors on the top end.

Just observing the behavior between the two communities was enough to bias me towards mustangs. It's hard to take the "knowledge" and "insight" of a community seriously when it's so heavily feeding back into itself. The Camaro advocates here are glowing examples.
Since posting the thread a while ago, I've learned on this forum & from reading auto magazine reviews, that Ford has stated PP1 & PP2 are not intended for track use, but for aggressive street use, while the 1LE is a track vehicle. It doesn't mean it's a superior platform, simply that it's purpose built.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

The huge influx of Camaro owners were getting. Are just the guys that are trying to prove their worth to the usual suspects. on the other forum. They'll go reporting back. On what Aholes the Mustang guys are. And how delusional we all are.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Comparing chassis’ isn’t as simple as comparing lap times. I’ll leave it at that.

You can have a problem with that ambiguity and call it an excuse. Fine. Whatever. But it is what it is.
Sponsored