PP2 real life pictures

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Anyone got any road rash on their splitter yet? Mine's still in good shape but did notice a couple missing bolts that I know were there originally, need to take it off to put a tow hook mount in, so I plan to just order some as well as the plastic rivets needed to put it back on. Did notice I'm missing a trim piece inside the rear fender, just below the bumper line where it attaches on one side. Can't believe I didn't notice it and I've had mine since January this year. I posted a separate thread on that to see if anyone has a part number to help my dealer find the right part and not have to make several trips up there.

Updating with a pic of the piece I'm missing as I realize now this is probably unique to our PP2 cars since the fender liners are different and someone mentioned this isn't on their 2018. This is the passenger side trim piece in the fender that is missing on my drivers side. Anyone know what this is called or a part number?

IMG_0814.jpg

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Anyone got any road rash on their splitter yet? Mine's still in good shape but did notice a couple missing bolts that I know were there originally, need to take it off to put a tow hook mount in, so I plan to just order some as well as the plastic rivets needed to put it back on. Did notice I'm missing a trim piece inside the rear fender, just below the bumper line where it attaches on one side. Can't believe I didn't notice it and I've had mine since January this year. I posted a separate thread on that to see if anyone has a part number to help my dealer find the right part and not have to make several trips up there.

Updating with a pic of the piece I'm missing as I realize now this is probably unique to our PP2 cars since the fender liners are different and someone mentioned this isn't on their 2018. This is the passenger side trim piece in the fender that is missing on my drivers side. Anyone know what this is called or a part number?

IMG_0814.jpg
Strange. I don't have that trim piece on either side of my car.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Strange. I don't have that trim piece on either side of my car.
Even stranger, I have it on the driver side, but not passenger? I assumed it had something to do with filler tube...

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Nothing like top notch QC I suppose.
Seems like the assembly line didn't get the memo on the early cars. At least now they seem to be shipping with the correct splitter.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Even stranger, I have it on the driver side, but not passenger? I assumed it had something to do with filler tube...
Maybe we should take ours off and look for part numbers since we each have the one the other person is missing. Or you can send me yours. Lol.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Prepare to wait, mon frere. Just shy of 2 months and no build date here, I'd recommend finding one on the lot if I were you.
Yeah, I am anticipating a few months wait. Not a big deal to me really. As long as it eventually shows up the way I ordered it will be fine by me.

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

What exactly should we be looking for? I don't quite see what you're talking about.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Maybe we should take ours off and look for part numbers since we each have the one the other person is missing. Or you can send me yours. Lol.
You don't suppose it could have been transport related, and either fell off or wasn't removed during vehicle delivery prep.

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I don’t have that on mine either. It looks almost as if it is a deflector/shield of some kind.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have that on mine either. It looks almost as if it is a deflector/shield of some kind.
It leaves a good size pocket and you can see the clips where it bolts in if you look in the fender. I'm wondering if some early builds had different liners on back that had this and maybe they went to a different version later on.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
What exactly should we be looking for? I don't quite see what you're talking about.
It's the black trip piece on the fender curve. Looks like part of a fender liner but sticks out like a mudflap just below the bumper line in the picture I attached in my post. I saw a red one back in the early 30's page on this thread that had pictures that has it on theirs as well. On the side missing, there is a good size mounting area and clips where bolts would hold it in. Will have to get a pic of the side that is missing for comparison for you guys, either way, going to get my dealer to order one, but again feel like this will be a needle in the haystack search for the part being that its not consistently on vehicles, seems to be PP2 only and even then not everyone has it on theirs.

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's the black trip piece on the fender curve. Looks like part of a fender liner but sticks out like a mudflap just below the bumper line in the picture I attached in my post. I saw a red one back in the early 30's page on this thread that had pictures that has it on theirs as well. On the side missing, there is a good size mounting area and clips where bolts would hold it in. Will have to get a pic of the side that is missing for comparison for you guys, either way, going to get my dealer to order one, but again feel like this will be a needle in the haystack search for the part being that its not consistently on vehicles, seems to be PP2 only and even then not everyone has it on theirs.
Aaaaah ok. I think those are only there because of a federal mandate that says you can't have production cars roll out of the factory with tires/wheels that stick out past the bodywork. One of the Audi RS cars has them as well, best I recall.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Here is a pic of mine. Front fender liners are hard plastic. Rear ones are like a hard fabric covered material. No indication I can see where any molding strip like that would attach.

full.jpg

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to get up in there and see how it's attached. Can't imagine what's it's purpose is.