Sponsored

? for those who installed the Steeda rear shock mounts

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm about to install my rear shock mounts but have a question. Should I be able to rotate the spherical bushing with my fingers or a lever? I've tried but they seem to be solid in the body. These are the first series, without the Steeda logo etched in. I've had them awhile but ran into confusion about the new topnut when I tried to install last summer, just now getting back to it.

Thanks
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they should be able to be worked around, if not by hand then with something like a socket extension.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You can rotate the bearing with the shock bolted into it and, using the shock's length for leverage. It's a tight bearing, as it should be. Cake walk.

OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I tried using the longest screwdriver I have (about a foot long) & nothing. Do you think they're seized? Some people did get some seized ones. Guess I have to get new ones, these are about 2 years old.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I tried using the longest screwdriver I have (about a foot long) & nothing. Do you think they're seized? Some people did get some seized ones. Guess I have to get new ones, these are about 2 years old.
They are very stiff, nobody ever received seized bearings! That is a custom bearing with high resistance.
If there were to be a issue they have a lifetime warranty.

Steeda tech

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks Steeda Tech, I'll give it a try.

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Mine felt tight when trying to move them by hand, but the actual suspension forces are so much higher that I didn't worry about it. I figured they might loosen up a little with some use anyway. They've been on the car for a couple of months now with no issues.
Sponsored