Sponsored

Lets talk 6R80/ 4R200 tuning and rear gear

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Ok winters coming in North Dakota and no sense trying to stop the inevitable. What to do over winter. Whats next?

Id like to discuss 6R80 / 4R200 Id love to get this Cobra Jet setup I have to leave from a dig as hard as absolutely possible.

Im so torn what to do with the car. I see Lund and Palm Beach Dyno are tuning in 2nd gear starts and 3500 rpm launches with HP tuners MVPI 2 on the 10R80.

So few questions.

1. Can that 2nd gear start and 3500 rpm launch be tuned in with a 6R80? If so it should theoretically work on a 4R200?

2. Anyone know what converter people are using with the 4R200 conversion? I dont give a crap about mileage so Im torn on going to 3.73s which I have on the shelf or putting a circle d 4c or 5c in my car.

3. Screw it swap the 3.73s in and if I dont like it then do converter? Do converter then gears?

4. Throw evrtything at it. 4R200 Circle D Converter and 3.73 gears? I realize 1st will be worthless thats why I bring up the 2nd gear start and 3500 rpm launch too. (no such thing as not enough traction only tires that are too small lol)

Trying to figure out what to do next. I want a 10.99 All Motor and I dont need a setup thats geared any lower than the 3.55s I have. Car already does 150 pretty easily as it sits. I want to run a 10.99 and dont care about the trap MPH as much. Go directly to jail speeds are alreafy super easy to hit and 8k rpm shift are fun as hell and super addicting!

Thoughts opinions what should be next?

Lastly car currently

Cobra Jet intake
VMP twin 67mm
PMAS CIA
LU47s
Flex fuel tune by AED
MAK cat deletes
X pipe
Roush axle back.

Thanks!!
Sponsored