Sponsored

Guess the 2015 5.0 Coyote HP and TQ numbers

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
If it looks good an performs well, im all over it. It has to look good, the current camaro is ugly as sin.

Agree 100%..The styling and drivers field of vision are both awful... There hasnt been a Camaro design I have liked in decades. They are stuck with designing a car that their faithful will buy. Unfortunately that excludes me from ever buying one until they change their cars...
Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Agree 100%..The styling and drivers field of vision are both awful... There hasnt been a Camaro design I have liked in decades. They are stuck with designing a car that their faithful will buy. Unfortunately that excludes me from ever buying one until they change their cars...
I was actually shocked at how bad the field of vision as you say is, I had to duck up at the top of the winshield to see traffic lights when I was approaching. I cant see how anyone can live with that car as a DD. It's just impractical.

M.Senger

Threads
Reaction score
My shot in the dark:

450 hp @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 415 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm

Voodoo1796

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS Scion
I was actually shocked at how bad the field of vision as you say is, I had to duck up at the top of the winshield to see traffic lights when I was approaching. I cant see how anyone can live with that car as a DD. It's just impractical.
At my previous place of employment, I was able to get into one of the first production Camaros and take it for a quick spin around a parking garage. The visibility in that thing was worse than horrible, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the seat into a position that was both comfortable and made it easy to see out of the car. Everyone I've driven since then has been the same.

To answer the question at hand...I'd say a modest bump in power but nothing insane. I'm in the same camp with everyone else that says ~450-460.

Sponsored

CY_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 CY GT PP
461 HP... Just to +1 the base Stingray.

RTD

Threads
Reaction score
I rented a 2011 Camaro for work one week. This after having owned 1969, 1972, and 1998 Camaros. The atrocious visibility of the 5th gen Camaro was what led me to abandon my GM background and buy the Boss Mustang. I felt like I was i a cave driving the Camaro, it's impossible to overstate how horrible the visibility is in that car.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I will never buy another car from Government Motor Company. My experience with GM is not a good one... never again

440HP 400TQ

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
461 HP... Just to +1 the base Stingray.
Then it just needs to be 456HP. The Stingray makes 460HP with the exhaust option.

Whatever the number, if it is north of 440, that is good news for future Corvette buyers. The Camaro will have to match or beat Mustang HP figures and Chevrolet can't have the Corvette's numbers be that close to the Camaro. Horsepower all around! :clap2:

CY_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 CY GT PP
Then it just needs to be 456HP. The Stingray makes 460HP with the exhaust option.

Whatever the number, if it is north of 440, that is good news for future Corvette buyers. The Camaro will have to match or beat Mustang HP figures and Chevrolet can't have the Corvette's numbers be that close to the Camaro. Horsepower all around! :clap2:

I agree! I think we all need to just stand back and look at the numbers we are throwing around. Mustang, camaro, corvette, we are talking big HP numbers (not to mention the plethora of other improvements over the previous models). We just might be living in the best muscle car era ever.

Sponsored

5.0mg

Threads
Reaction score
I agree! I think we all need to just stand back and look at the numbers we are throwing around. Mustang, camaro, corvette, we are talking big HP numbers (not to mention the plethora of other improvements over the previous models). We just might be living in the best muscle car era ever.
Truth! My '12 with intake tune and exhaust is probably around 400rwhp or 445-450crank and is really incredibly fast for a street vehicle we are gettong spoiled with these monster numbers stock it's a good time to be muscle car fan

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I rented a 2011 Camaro for work one week. This after having owned 1969, 1972, and 1998 Camaros. The atrocious visibility of the 5th gen Camaro was what led me to abandon my GM background and buy the Boss Mustang. I felt like I was i a cave driving the Camaro, it's impossible to overstate how horrible the visibility is in that car.
I hear it takes a week or so to get used to it, lol no thanks. Plus it felt very sluggish and slow and this was an ls3.

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Saw this on another forum, for what it's worth:

GO CARDINALS
As far as the HP for the GT goes its 450 not 420 according to my brother who works for the big blue oval.
1 hour ago

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Saw this on another forum, for what it's worth:

GO CARDINALS
As far as the HP for the GT goes its 450 not 420 according to my brother who works for the big blue oval.
1 hour ago
LOL!! Hopefully his brother is in the know and is correct :). That magic 450 # would bring smiles to thousands of people, me included:headbang::ford:

Sanctuary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German cars.
I agree. With all the changes I do not see 450HP being unreasonable. And that's stock, can't wait to open it up with LT's and a tune.
Sponsored