Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
did a search didn’t find anything

Anyone running king springs

How do they ride, what’s the verdict?

I’ve seen a few on super lows, but I’ll just be going lows

Before the hate I had kings on my G6E turbo and Jeep SRT and several other cars and they were great, nice height and almost OEM ride quality, better than the eibach’s for the Jeep SRT by a mile and the useless other USA made springs before that.

Plus I get a super deal on them

Only interested in hearing from people actually running them, thanks
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t suppose you happen to know the rate of the springs?
Linear?
Progressive?

OP
OP

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
No I don’t but it mentions that the fastback are progressive and I believe the convertible are progressive rear

Their tech line can probably provide more info though

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RHD Mustang GT S550 PP Platinum White
did a search didn’t find anything

Anyone running king springs

How do they ride, what’s the verdict?

I’ve seen a few on super lows, but I’ll just be going lows

Before the hate I had kings on my G6E turbo and Jeep SRT and several other cars and they were great, nice height and almost OEM ride quality, better than the eibach’s for the Jeep SRT by a mile and the useless other USA made springs before that.

Plus I get a super deal on them

Only interested in hearing from people actually running them, thanks

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Late reply, not sure if you put them in or not?

I did some whiteline sway bars vertical links and bushes but put king springs all around. 20mm-30mm drop. It dropped lower than expected sits just above the wheel no gap. One side is slightly lower than the other (very slightly) I had it looked at but apparently its not the springs.

What I noticed was the ride quality was better. Less bouncy but not firm. Also a much lower NVH remarkably I drive M5 in Sydney both ways each day and there is a rough section on the highway heading east, everything vibrated like crazy before but now its much better. I am not sure if its the springs or the other components that made the difference.

I am riding on velgen classic 5 with 305's on the back now but had std rims before.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks mate

Haven’t got the car yet

Did you use the low or the super low version

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Front or rear sitting wrong? Both?
Did they clock the bushings when they installed the springs?
The front rubber mount for the rear lower control arm is a pretty well known source of binding.
That could quite easily cause the car to sit slightly wrong.

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks mate

Haven’t got the car yet

Did you use the low or the super low version
Hi I got the low ones - they are lower enough - you wouldn't want them lower every now and again on a small speed bump it scrapes but very rare.
The ride is refined and comfortable for what it is considering the 305 tyres and the rear.
You can't go wrong.

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Front or rear sitting wrong? Both?
Did they clock the bushings when they installed the springs?
The front rubber mount for the rear lower control arm is a pretty well known source of binding.
That could quite easily cause the car to sit slightly wrong.
Hi there I read this in the US forums and id not understand what it meant? I will speak with the mechanic next time and ask him.
It was originally worse and very noticeable I took it back and they had the car for two days they put a new set of springs in but claimed there was nothing wrong with the springs. I am pretty technical but not a mechanic and the whole thing made no sense to me.

I purchased the whiteline grip kit without the springs. This was because there was no stock of the whiteline spring at the time. The mechanic (a reputable shop) claimed that the king spring is exactly the same as the whiteline spring and that they make the springs for whiteline. I went ahead on trust and the fact that it was a reputable shop. Result was uneven ride its now about 5mm out "front only"

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there I read this in the US forums and id not understand what it meant? I will speak with the mechanic next time and ask him.
It was originally worse and very noticeable I took it back and they had the car for two days they put a new set of springs in but claimed there was nothing wrong with the springs. I am pretty technical but not a mechanic and the whole thing made no sense to me.

I purchased the whiteline grip kit without the springs. This was because there was no stock of the whiteline spring at the time. The mechanic (a reputable shop) claimed that the king spring is exactly the same as the whiteline spring and that they make the springs for whiteline. I went ahead on trust and the fact that it was a reputable shop. Result was uneven ride its now about 5mm out "front only"
Basically, the lower control arm attaches to the subframe at two points. One at the front of the LCA, one at the rear. Think of it like a wishbone suspension.
The rear pickup is a spherical bearing from the factory.
The front is rubber. The catch is that the rubber bush isn’t just being asked to pivot because the plane it operates on isn’t identical (or even vaguely close to) the direction of travel.
So, the bush is being compressed to some extent when the car hits a bump.
In your case, if they didn’t loosen the bolt, the bush could still have some residual tension in it, pr venting your car from settling to it’s natural height.

The fix: loosen the bolt a little, take the car for a SHORT drive, nothing silly, try and hit some bumps to make the suspension oscillate a little, tighten the bolts WITHOUT unloading the suspension.
Alternatively, place a block of wood behind the car, drive over it repeatedly. The trick is to get the bush to find a new home and tighten it while it’s there.

Sponsored

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basically, the lower control arm attaches to the subframe at two points. One at the front of the LCA, one at the rear. Think of it like a wishbone suspension.
The rear pickup is a spherical bearing from the factory.
The front is rubber. The catch is that the rubber bush isn’t just being asked to pivot because the plane it operates on isn’t identical (or even vaguely close to) the direction of travel.
So, the bush is being compressed to some extent when the car hits a bump.
In your case, if they didn’t loosen the bolt, the bush could still have some residual tension in it, pr venting your car from settling to it’s natural height.

The fix: loosen the bolt a little, take the car for a SHORT drive, nothing silly, try and hit some bumps to make the suspension oscillate a little, tighten the bolts WITHOUT unloading the suspension.
Alternatively, place a block of wood behind the car, drive over it repeatedly. The trick is to get the bush to find a new home and tighten it while it’s there.
Thanks Burkey - that makes sense. I am going to take a look and do it myself. Cheers

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Burkey - that makes sense. I am going to take a look and do it myself. Cheers
Not a problem. :thumbsup:
Sponsored