Sponsored

How does your woman let you drive when she is in the car?

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Every time I get on it she just looks over at me and goes "Why?" Because I enjoy driving my car, that's why!

I usually don't go more than 5mph over on the freeway unless the flow of traffic is going faster. Stick to the speed limit in town. Mainly because I don't need anymore tickets, I'm over here getting ready to get my CDL. But man do I get up to speed quick lol.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
My girl doesn't like my s550 mostly because the mechanical feeling of the car being a manual. She doesn't mind the speed as long as it is smooth, that being said I rented awhile back an auto 18 and she loved it.
I bet if you smoothed out most of your shifting (at least while she's in it) so that you avoid most of the lurching and front to back head toss, that would go a long way toward getting her to at least not dislike your S550 as much. That does not mean you have to drive slowly. Just not abruptly with the shifting . . . save all the harsh shifting for the dragstrip.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Every time I get on it she just looks over at me and goes "Why?" Because I enjoy driving my car, that's why!
Being 'smooth' about your hard driving does seem to hold down the passenger panic level . . .

I usually don't go more than 5mph over on the freeway unless the flow of traffic is going faster. Stick to the speed limit in town. Mainly because I don't need anymore tickets, I'm over here getting ready to get my CDL. But man do I get up to speed quick lol.
Decent advice.

Off-topic . . . getting ready to get your CDL and you're in Utah - sounds like C.R. England.

Norm

Remander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Back in college, when my wife and I were dating, I had a 35th Anniversary Thunderbird SC. Got it up over 120 with her riding shotgun. She's fine with my driving, though she doesn't like it when I get aggressive driving her car.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off-topic . . . getting ready to get your CDL and you're in Utah - sounds like C.R. England.

Norm
Nah though I do see a lot of their trucks. I work a little terminal filling up tanker trucks with gas. We also have our own trucks so basically all I'll have to pay is DMV costs out of my pocket. Just take the written, get some wheel time with another driver when the truck isn't full, and when it comes time for the driving test I can use one of our trucks.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
My bride lets me drive however I want, she trusts me totally. And, ah...., um...., err,...... she used to ride with me back when we ice raced. You were allowed to carry a passenger and the extra weight was helpful. She's had her fair share of beatin' and bangin' from the co-pilot seat, anyone who's ever done it knows that ice racing is a full contact sport. Have some video from those days that needs to have the sound track removed due to profanity when hit by other racers. Hers, not mine. The perfect wife, indeed.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tankers, eh? Smoothness at the controls is going to be very much your friend driving one of those.

Norm
Yup lol. If they don't put me in one of these damned automatics they've been buying lately. They've been phasing the manuals out to make them more idiot proof. Same way they have been making sure all the new trailer sets' compartments aren't manifolded anymore so you can't accidentally cross-contaminate two different products loaded into different compartments. Part of me gets that, just sucks enough people have screwed that up so that when I start doing it and go to unload, I'm just gonna have to throw my hose more often rather than simply close one hole on the trailers before opening another.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I've never asked for her opinion on how I drive. I just drive like I normally do, and never hear a peep out of her. Occasionally, when I give it a little extra gas I'll look over and see her get thrown back in the seat a little. I always think she's exaggerating.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
How my wife LETS me drive...?

My wife doesn't LET me do anything. I do what I want, and if she doesn't like it..., she knows where the door is.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
How my wife LETS me drive...?

My wife doesn't LET me do anything. I do what I want, and if she doesn't like it..., she knows where the door is.
Right...

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Mine begs me to go faster... never been able to scare her driving...she just starts giggling.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I drive most times reasonable. Don't want a ticket.
When we go to eat or cruisin' around, there is a mountain we have to go down
and come back up.
Going down the mountain, not so much handling. However;
coming back up I'll say, 'hang on'.........
Even better when there is someone in a vehicle that is slow and I need to pass.
Every once in a while I'll get someone in a Camaro or another Mustang and then ;"it's on.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
When my wife talks I tell her I am enjoying the car's sound and to please stop interrupting

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Let’s put it this way: I have to hide the dashcam sd cards from my husband after hanging out with my Mustang friends. He dislikes riding with me when I am just passing people
Sponsored