Rattling at low rpm and when engaging clutch

blackyote_317

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have a 2017 GT with the mt82. I've noticed that I get a weird noise at low rpm and also when shifting gears. It sounds like something rattling or maybe clicking. It happens between 1500 and 2000 rpm when in 1st or 2nd like when cruising through a parking lot. It also happens when shifting gears. I dont hear it shifting into 4th and above but definitely 1-3. It also makes the noise revving the vehicle to about 1800rpm in neutral with either the clutch in or out. Also happens with the clutch in and in gear at the same rpm.

Seems like the noise does down during shifts after the car warms up but not always.

Anyone else experienced this and how concerned should I be? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Sounds somewhat similar. God I hope not. They're replacing your engine?
Ford only approved a new short block. The heavy line tech recommended a new engine.

A lot of these rattles/noises/tapping sound similar that it's hard to isolate.

OP
OP
blackyote_317

blackyote_317

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yeah, I feel like its clutch related but I can't isolate it to that. I was really hoping to take a look underneath and just see a loose heat shield or something lol

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I have a 2017 GT with the mt82. I've noticed that I get a weird noise at low rpm and also when shifting gears. It sounds like something rattling or maybe clicking. It happens between 1500 and 2000 rpm when in 1st or 2nd like when cruising through a parking lot. It also happens when shifting gears. I dont hear it shifting into 4th and above but definitely 1-3. It also makes the noise revving the vehicle to about 1800rpm in neutral with either the clutch in or out. Also happens with the clutch in and in gear at the same rpm.

Seems like the noise does down during shifts after the car warms up but not always.

Anyone else experienced this and how concerned should I be? Thanks for your help!
ever figure this out? im having some of the same sounding issues as you