Sponsored

So how was your Ford experience today?

vikkic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Need for Green
Anyone NOT had the oil changed on the first service? My oil life monitor came on at 6k miles, had it changed at 7.5k, now due for it's 10k service - don't really need to have the oil changed now, but the dealer can't tell me how the service schedule works with the Intelligent Oil Life Monitor as they say it's the only model with it, and they haven't had any that have had an oil change before the first service. I had the supposed software problem sorted when I had the oil changed, but looking at the oil monitor now, it's still not going to last the 10k miles that the dealer seems to think it should. I really don't understand the point of the oil monitor if nobody wants to take any notice of it, and if they do, they don't know how to take it into account at the scheduled service. Surprise, surprise I've been waiting for over a week for the workshop manager to get back to me about it as he's got no idea, but did talk about doing a 'deal' to get the oil change back into line with the service intervals. Grrr...
Sponsored

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Anyone NOT had the oil changed on the first service? My oil life monitor came on at 6k miles, had it changed at 7.5k, now due for it's 10k service - don't really need to have the oil changed now, but the dealer can't tell me how the service schedule works with the Intelligent Oil Life Monitor as they say it's the only model with it, and they haven't had any that have had an oil change before the first service. I had the supposed software problem sorted when I had the oil changed, but looking at the oil monitor now, it's still not going to last the 10k miles that the dealer seems to think it should. I really don't understand the point of the oil monitor if nobody wants to take any notice of it, and if they do, they don't know how to take it into account at the scheduled service. Surprise, surprise I've been waiting for over a week for the workshop manager to get back to me about it as he's got no idea, but did talk about doing a 'deal' to get the oil change back into line with the service intervals. Grrr...
Just have the service without the oil change they can just deduct the oil & filter & labour from the normal charge then when the oil light comes on again either reset it (easy to do) or get the oil changed again depending on the mileage it will all be recorded on their system for warranty/service record purposes

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Dropped mine off this morning at Ford Hungerford - another pleasant experience. I have a level of confidence in them after being in there only twice which I never had in Think Ford Guildford.

As you know, it's in for the fuel door assembly to be replaced - which apparently this place had seen a few of. Good to know they have the experience to do it.

I mentioned again my clutch noise - just for another opinion more than anything. Straight away the master tech was called over, to go out with me so I could show him. Had a good little chat & he was well clued up on the subject! Even said they had an early Ecoboost in with this & explained how they stripped the gearbox trying to determine the issue - again, good to know they have done this kind of work. The guy actually had another Mustang to work on today - a nice grabber blue, so he's going to compare and see if my statement of "louder than normal" is true.

So far, I'm much preferring this place to the 2 Ford Stores I've dealt with in the past 3 years...

AndyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2006GT
Vehicle Showcase
Our's is currently back at the dealership for a second time to address a couple of items raised on pickup. We had to have the passenger side dashboard fascia replaced due to a sent and also wanted one of the small aluminium strips on the centre console replaced as it was chipped/dented.

They swapped out the fascia fine, however to address the centre console they swapped the whole unit out, only issue they put one back in that didn't have controls for the heated/cooled seats! Fingers crossed they get it right this time.

AndyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2006GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well it appears they have fecked up again, replaced the centre console with one that actually had buttons for the seats however I think its from a 2017 model so the stainless start button and details are missing. Fingers crossed third time lucky!

Sponsored

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Allen Ford (Warwick) just fitted my new private number plates both aluminium stick on including removing old and cleansing old sticky pads off ÂŁ12 bill - excellent service and value for money - my contact there is Ben Dowbiggin and he and their other staff always make you feel like a premium customer!

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Called yesterday to discuss potentially trading my MY16 in for an 18 and asked if they had an A10 5.0 to test drive after explaining my situation. What should be their reply? We have a 6 speed auto you could try....FFS!!!!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Called yesterday to discuss potentially trading my MY16 in for an 18 and asked if they had an A10 5.0 to test drive after explaining my situation. What should be their reply? We have a 6 speed auto you could try....FFS!!!!
I know Exeter has one, along with a load of 18 for sale

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
excellent service at lookers in sheffield again. walked in said i want a ranger he's spent 2 days finding me the exact spec one i want and i pick it up next week.

same can't be said of the doncaster ford dealership when i went in and asked them if i could look at a ranger the guy said the commercial guys on lunch come back later i can't show you them despite him literally having the keys to a ranger in his hand ! so stoneacre doncaster your staff are shit.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Are we having a name and shame/good dealer pinned topic as suggested a while back? I think that would be really useful. I'd be happy to travel quite far for a really good Mustang service department etc. Might not want the local monkeys dealing with mine when it arrives, I'm used to Porsche service with coffee, biccies, sweets, cold cans etc etc ... but always a good service to me and my car lol

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
excellent service at lookers in sheffield again. walked in said i want a ranger he's spent 2 days finding me the exact spec one i want and i pick it up next week

same can't be said of the doncaster ford dealership when i went in and asked them if i could look at a ranger the guy said the commercial guys on lunch come back later i can't show you them despite him literally having the keys to a ranger in his hand ! so stoneacre doncaster your staff are shit.
...see also my thread about sae 5.20 oil... stoneacre Doncaster parts manager didnt know what oil was for the mustang...at all!

Avoid

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
...see also my thread about sae 5.20 oil... stoneacre Doncaster parts manager didnt know what oil was for the mustang...at all!

Avoid
yeah literally the worst dealership I've ever seen they're now down about 150k in sales because they've treated me that bad so far i'm sure the owners would love to hear about all these sales they're missing out on.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Not quote a mustang although you can just see its arse in the bottom left :) but went and picked up my ranger today service from dealership was great again its worth that 10 minute drive through to sheffield so I don't have to deal with the morons at the doncaster dealership :)
IMG-20180831-WA0000.jpeg
280444-2e141948f7fb146194daae94b7c45e67.jpg

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Nice truck Hinch, I've got the Wildtrak 3.2 Auto.
I tried all the other brands last time when I got a 2015 pre-facelift Wildtrak. I was so impressed with that one, when it came time to replace in 2017 I didn't bother considering anything else. Had a black one before which took a lot of cleaning, got a white one this time. Had this one over a year now, no problems at all. Enjoy.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Nice truck Hinch, I've got the Wildtrak 3.2 Auto.
I tried all the other brands last time when I got a 2015 pre-facelift Wildtrak. I was so impressed with that one, when it came time to replace in 2017 I didn't bother considering anything else. Had a black one before which took a lot of cleaning, got a white one this time. Had this one over a year now, no problems at all. Enjoy.
i couldn't justify the cost of the wildtrak for what i need it for, i really wanted the black edition but they only made 450 of them so i went for a limited 2.2 (don't need the 3.2 as its mostly going offroad anyway)
need to buy/find/acquire a chrome rollbar to replace the ladder rack it has on it but all in its very nice to drive been fishing in it today and picked up the inlaws to go to a birthday party :)
Sponsored