Sponsored

2018 A10 GFORCE DS Vibrates

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just put the 2018 A10 GFORCE DS in my car and it starts to vibrate at 45mph and keeps getting worse....Im not happy! putting the stock one back on and not going through the whole back and forth BS with the manufacturer....my car has 60 miles on it and it was professionally installed so it isnt the install.....or my wheels because they came off my other car which rolls as smooth as butter down the freeway....
Sponsored

Scorpio27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
17 Hellcat A8 -18 Mustang GT PP A10
although its a different car someone i know just purchased and installed one on a 16 camaro SS a week before camarofest 2 weeks ago and was tuning the car on the dyno when the DS broke at the weld seem perfectly clean then proceded to beat the transmission and tunnel then pushed the shifter and console into the car and blew every airbag in the car ..seems your about the 3rd person with one of these DS thats had a problem in last few weeks ...I had PST in fla build my DS the guy was awsome and he worked on my DS 3 times with changes to get it right for me -I was one of the first cars to do a T56 magnum XL trans swap on my 07 shelby gt and there wasnt even a DS with the setup i had to have it fabricated ..deffinatly send that back ..good luck and be safe

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I don’t have any experience with owning or installing one, but have been lurking this forum for a couple of years now. Seems like there are always bad reviews having to do with driveshafts for the S550. I’ve even seen guys buy them second hand complain of vibrations, then claim to have it working, and then next thing you know the shaft is up for sale. Not sure why they all seem to vibrate.

OP
OP

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
SO Ive paid shipping to me and for initial install, now i Have to pay to have my OEM driveshaft shipped to me and a local shop re and re the driveshaft....then I have to pay to ship this GFORCE back to them....and likely have to pay to re and re if/when i get it back....in the end i may end up paying not just the original $900 for the shaft + shipping and install but prolly almost as much to do the job 2 more times and pay shipping again...rediculous the can of worms this kinda thing opens....the only one that gets jammed in the end is ME!

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
That's not fun at all.

I often taught about a aluminum driveshaft but vibration stories like yours always scared me!!
I have a friend that bust is stock one on his 2015 GT 9 sec SC car he went with a dss aluminum and he have no vibration. Will maybe try a dss or a shaftmaster one day but I may wait until the stock one goes.

What was the driveshaft on your 2015?

Sponsored

OP
OP

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's not fun at all.

I often taught about a aluminum driveshaft but vibration stories like yours always scared me!!
I have a friend that bust is stock one on his 2015 GT 9 sec SC car he went with a dss aluminum and he have no vibration. Will maybe try a dss or a shaftmaster one day but I may wait until the stock one goes.

What was the driveshaft on your 2015?
i had a dss and it was fine never an issue, but in 2012 i had there gen 1 ds and it was a complete nightmare...and i lost out big time...they refunded me my money but only after i had the one i had sent back and forth twice...each time the stock one went back on in between the shipping back and forth and the car was fine...so im now at the one and done stage when it comes to this stuff...not fair for the consumer to have to endure such expense...manufacturers should stand behind there products and eat all shipping and install costs aswell...

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
It's the driveshaft angles with the one piece. I played with a shaftmaster's driveshaft on my car trying every possible orientation. The best orientation resulted in vibration from 100mph on up. Above 140, the car feels like its going to shake itself apart. Frankly, I didn't want to deal with this at a drag strip or one the street doing some high speed runs.

Needless to say, I put the stocker back in and kept the shaftmaster as a backup in case I break the stocker again.

OP
OP

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
ive been advised that a 15-17 driveshaft will work without using the spacer and getting longer bolts...going that route and will report back.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
I had the same issues with a DSS and Gforce shafts.......both vibrated from 45 MPH on up to where I got off of it because I didn’t want to hurt anything. I made one more attempt at buying shaftmasters unit and lo and Fukin behold, no more vibration at all.......as smooth as silk and as the stock DS.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Oh, one thing the shaftmasters doesn’t use like the DSS and Gforce uses, the shaftmasters does not use any adapters on the transmission or the rear end. It simply bolts right up on both ends and no adapters to aid in vibrations......just another thought.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
so a DSS 2015-17 driveshaft was installed and works....it doesnt vibrate according to the installer who road tested the car at several different freeway speeds....i havent driven it yet but likely will tomorrow. the 15-17 shafts fit with longer bolts and without the use of the spacer is what i was told....

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
Run your car up to 140mph with the single piece driveshaft and let me know how smooth it is. I think most are testing these for vibration at speeds below 80 which is why some folks claim no issues. Whereas folks like me will run the piss out of the car to test it :)
Sponsored