Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Product Release

Front Resonator Option
Part Number: 60661
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_resonator_part__60661.html

*This optional front resonator can be used in place of the x-pipe section in our cat-back systems. In order to achieve the Touring sound, this resonator must be paired with our S-Type cat-back system. It can also be used with our ATAK system to provide more sound attenuation for those who have purchased the ATAK, but feel that it is too aggressive.

60661_xlarge.jpg

Coming Soon:

- Non-Active Cat-Back Systems(S-Type and ATAK)
- X-Pipe

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
damn i need a non active black or carbon fiber tip catback in my life =/

USMC_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 stage 3 roush
I have a 2015 Roush with quad tips...will the 18 catback fit? I think the s type with the resonator will be the deep, non-rasly sound i'm searching for.

Sponsored

Ian@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
I have a 2015 Roush with quad tips...will the 18 catback fit? I think the s type with the resonator will be the deep, non-rasly sound i'm searching for.
Unfortunately, the 2018 system does not fit the Roush valance for the 2015-2017 Mustang. We performed a test fit and the tips on our system did not line up properly with the Roush valance.

Also, our S-Type system with the optional front resonator would essentially convert the S-Type into a Touring sound level. It will have a deep tone, but will not be as aggressive volume-wise.

USMC_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 stage 3 roush
Unfortunately, the 2018 system does not fit the Roush valance for the 2015-2017 Mustang. We performed a test fit and the tips on our system did not line up properly with the Roush valance.

Also, our S-Type system with the optional front resonator would essentially convert the S-Type into a Touring sound level. It will have a deep tone, but will not be as aggressive volume-wise.
Thanks for the reply. I think i found the answer....Magnaflow makes a resonator x-pipe that is a direct fit for resonator delete x-pipes. So if you have an aggressive setup and want to tone it down this is the option that doesn't require piece milling something together.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Ian@Borla any idea when the non-active exhaust options will be ready? Do you have any sound clips? The ATAK seems interesting with the new Polyphonic Exhaust Technology. Saw a video but it didn't really get good sound clips.

Ian@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
New Product Release

2018 Mustang GT Non-Active Cat-Back System

S-Type:

3" Cat-Back System with Bright Chrome Tips

Part Number: 140745
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140745.html

140745_xlarge.jpg

3" Cat-Back System with Carbon Fiber Tips

Part Number: 140745CF
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140745cf.html

140745CF_xlarge.jpg

ATAK:

3" Cat-Back System with Bright Chrome Tips

Part Number: 140746
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_atak_part__140746.html

140746_xlarge.jpg

3" Cat-Back System with Carbon Fiber Tips

Part Number: 140746CF
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_atak_part__140746cf.html

140746CF_xlarge.jpg

Still To Come:

- Non-Active Cat-Back S-Type with Black Chrome Tips
- Non-Active Cat-Back S-Type with Carbon Fiber Tips Black Anodized Center
- Non-Active Cat-Back ATAK with Black Chrome Tips
- Non-Active Cat-Back ATAK with Carbon Fiber Tips Black Anodized Center

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have sound clips of each type?

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, this definitely sounds different than the 2015-2017 versions. I know the ATAK has the polyphonic harmonizer which is why I think the ATAK sounds so different. I noticed playing two videos one after another that there is significantly less rasp at the upper RPM range on the newer version. S-type has more grunt like the prior versions but I prefer the 2015-17 S-type sound better though. Though I'm sure the S-type will sound better with an H-pipe installed :)

@Ian@Borla you all should look into doing the polyphonic harmonizer on the S-type as well. Willing to bet you can make that sound mean as hell.

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hmm, it looks like Borla took the video down... Maybe they wanted to be the ones who shared it first..?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Product Release

Front Resonator Option
Part Number: 60661
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_resonator_part__60661.html

*This optional front resonator can be used in place of the x-pipe section in our cat-back systems. In order to achieve the Touring sound, this resonator must be paired with our S-Type cat-back system. It can also be used with our ATAK system to provide more sound attenuation for those who have purchased the ATAK, but feel that it is too aggressive.

60661_xlarge.jpg

Coming Soon:

- Non-Active Cat-Back Systems(S-Type and ATAK)
- X-Pipe
Good Afternoon Ian!

I have emailed a few times regarding this new resonator. I am looking to try and istall this in my 3" Borla exhaust system I have. The car has Stainless Works longtube headers, and off the headers is your 3" S-system with the cat-deletes installed. I'm looking to quiet the car down a little bit more now. The car is extremeley loud when I go WOT with the Whipple Supercharger on it. I was thinking I could just cut off the reducers you have on the new resonator, and istall it in place of the mid pipes that are in my 3" S-type system. Give me your thoughts on this when you or David have time.

Thanks
Bob
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.