Sponsored

Squeaky clutch pedal

blakbearddelite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in DIB
A few weeks ago, I noticed a squeak when I pressed the clutch both in and out. Fast forward to today, I'm in 1st gear, go to shift to 2nd in WOT, and the clutch sticks to the floor. I had to use my foot to pull it back up and get the car out of gear. Now when I try to leave in 1st (at idle speed) the car hesitates and feels like the clutch isn't coming back up fast enough.

A few guys on the local forum said to try removing the clutch assist spring. But I doubt the spring is what is squeaking and/or sticking.

All the other gears, the car seems fine. I stab the clutch, and it goes down and comes up without issue. But it feels like in 1st gear, when I ease off the clutch, it doesn't want to come back up as quickly.
Sponsored

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Mine squeaks when it is warm out. Mine started after I swapped the clutch spring a couple times. The pivot point just needs some grease I think.

OP
OP

blakbearddelite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in DIB
Now I've noticed a really loud hissing noise when the clutch is depressed while at a stop. Someone had mentioned that I should check the clutch fluid level, but I couldn't find the reservoir. I've recently had two separate shops work on the car, and I'm nervous that someone may have screwed something up and now I have a leak in the system.