Sponsored

6r80 Winding sound slowing down

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Hi All,

I have noticed this has become louder and pretty noticeable with the windows all the way up, (can slightly hear it with windows down depending on speed)

When i am just curising flat ground freeway, i take my foot off the gas, you can hear a winding sound (sorta like how an electric car sounds). Really notcieabel at about 70 especially going down hill. As soon as i barely touch the gas, noise goes away. I can also hear it coming to a stop if I am in gear (if its in neutral i dont hear it).

Put the car in Neutral on the freeway., noise pretty much gone. Back in gear, foot off pedal, winding sound.

Any idea? Car is Lund tuned with 40k miles, maybe just a trans fluid swap??
Sponsored

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
anyway you can post a video of the sound also check if its only happening in 6th gear and try light throttle acceleration you and i might have the same issue i get a very faint winding sound when accelerating in 6th gear between 1000-1500 rpm and its there when im off the gas slowing down as long as im in 6th gear

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
ill try to see if i can get the noise to pickup through the camera.

Its in all gears for sure. 1-6

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Welp i got this fixed.
Rear differential bearings went, they found metal shavings in the differential and rebuilt it. $1270 in warranty repair, glad I didn't have to pay.
Sponsored