Sponsored

Bullitt vs 2SS 1LE?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
If you're going to do HPDE with your daily driver, then the 1LE is going to be better off due to it's cooling setup and better transmission. If you want better visibility and marginally better 1/4 mile performance, then the bullit is the winner.

Anyone having cooling issues in HPDE with their Mustang GT..?
Sponsored

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Anyone having cooling issues in HPDE with their Mustang GT..?
I've had my rear diff get hot on the street and I live in cen fl with circuits that are 95+ temps. I'd prefer the cooling setup for HPDE no doubt. You don't need it on the street 99.9% of the time.

Edit: I also like the idea of the components having a lower average temperature due to having the cooler, not just avoiding overheating entirely.

edit 2: looks like HPDE guys are reporting rear diff temps of ~260 degrees and tranny temps close to that. That's pretty high IMO. I'd much rather see some more buffer before the oil break down temp.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I've had my rear diff get hot on the street and I live in cen fl with circuits that are 95+ temps. I'd prefer the cooling setup for HPDE no doubt. You don't need it on the street 99.9% of the time.

Edit: I also like the idea of the components having a lower average temperature due to having the cooler, not just avoiding overheating entirely.

Yeah, rear differentials get hot.... but did you throw any codes, or go into limp mode..?

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Yeah, rear differentials get hot.... but did you throw any codes, or go into limp mode..?
Ha! You got me! No it didn't. I guess it's not an issue. Ford would have taken care of it like they did with the RS, right? Which shuts down at 260 degrees so people stopped buying them? It's also the reason I am in a GT. I can just add a cooler and be done with it where as the RS is a bit more involved. However we're still stuck with hot transmission temps.

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
What I can tell you guys is that I switched from a 2018 GT PP1 M6 to a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE and there is absolutely no comparisons possible in term of handling and driving feel. The Camaro is miles better....Really ! Straight line is similar in absolute numbers, but the Camaro feels way faster because of the torque. Gears are too long for available torque on the 2018...In real life driving and accessibility of the power the Camaro will be faster 90% of the time.

First few feets you can feel that the car is special. Confort is crazy good, even with RF tires, I made 1000 miles yesterday, first part with the Mustang, second part with the Camaro... Guess who is the winner here ?
I have also a 2017 Corvette GrandSport M7 as a week end toy, and the 1LE is really amazing even in comparison !

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
What I can tell you guys is that I switched from a 2018 GT PP1 M6 to a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE and there is absolutely no comparisons possible in term of handling and driving feel. The Camaro is miles better....Really ! Straight line is similar in absolute numbers, but the Camaro feels way faster because of the torque. Gears are too long for available torque on the 2018...In real life driving and accessibility of the power the Camaro will be faster 90% of the time.

First few feets you can feel that the car is special. Confort is crazy good, even with RF tires, I made 1000 miles yesterday, first part with the Mustang, second part with the Camaro... Guess who is the winner here ?
I have also a 2017 Corvette GrandSport M7 as a week end toy, and the 1LE is really amazing even in comparison !
We know it’s better in every way even the ATP is better. Ford can’t compete.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
After a 16 SS and a 17 ZL1 I have to agree on the gearbox. It sucks. But I think the C.I. diff is part of the torque benefit in the Chevy.