Sponsored

Best Price on Supercharger

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
^

I'm installing a Procharger on mine tomorrow. If I remember I'll come back in here and give you my impression. But like he said, the front bumper is coming off either way.
So I didn't finish today but I had 2-3 hours in delays. The install isn't hard, but I am taking my time to make sure I did it right.

However, I did break the side clips on both sides @Bartly ; I had no idea they were there and the Procharger instructions just said to pull. So I'll probably be supergluing tomorrow or something, I really don't know. But other than that it was fine. Just have to route the intercooler piping tomorrow and I'll be set.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
However, I did break the side clips on both sides @Bartly ; I had no idea they were there and the Procharger instructions just said to pull. So I'll probably be supergluing tomorrow or something.
Pull back the fender liner and take a look behind the back of the bumper, near where those broken side clips were. You will see the back of the bumper has a couple of plastic tabs on it. Thread a cable tie through that plastic tab and around the body frame work that is opposite the tab. Torque up the cable tie and it will pull in the bumper sides and hold them tight.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
@Roush05

Got a pic for you. Pulled back my fender liner and took a photo of the cable tie I put there. Holds strong no issues.

6_AE5_FAF2-5464-4271-85_D5-_F2_A0_B2654_B48.jpg

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thanks a lot! I'll do it tomorrow when I'm buttoning everything up. I appreciate you posting!

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I didn't finish today but I had 2-3 hours in delays. The install isn't hard, but I am taking my time to make sure I did it right.

However, I did break the side clips on both sides @Bartly ; I had no idea they were there and the Procharger instructions just said to pull. So I'll probably be supergluing tomorrow or something, I really don't know. But other than that it was fine. Just have to route the intercooler piping tomorrow and I'll be set.
Damn, sorry about that. I wasn't even thinking about the procharger instructions when I was typing, I was thinking about the factory service manual. Sorry wish I would have said something about there being screws in there. Sounds like Tim has a pretty good fix for you.

Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Update, I finished the install today. Got about 500 feet down the road, got a wrench CEL, and car died. Tried to crank it up, it seemed like the fuel pump fuse might have blown so I swapped it with the passenger seat 30A fuse. No dice, so I towed it home and looked at the engine bay. Lo and behold, one of the pipes on the passenger side of the intercooler popped off as soon as I got into boost. Put it back on and tightened all the clamps and have had no problems since. I will probably go buy some better clamps on Monday and swap them out.

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
Update, I finished the install today. Got about 500 feet down the road, got a wrench CEL, and car died. Tried to crank it up, it seemed like the fuel pump fuse might have blown so I swapped it with the passenger seat 30A fuse. No dice, so I towed it home and looked at the engine bay. Lo and behold, one of the pipes on the passenger side of the intercooler popped off as soon as I got into boost. Put it back on and tightened all the clamps and have had no problems since. I will probably go buy some better clamps on Monday and swap them out.
had that happen to me on my initial drive, pro tip-if you make your maf sensor connection accessible you can disconnect it and you should be able to start & drive the vehicle to a spot where you can work on the car & get the hose back on.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
had that happen to me on my initial drive, pro tip-if you make your maf sensor connection accessible you can disconnect it and you should be able to start & drive the vehicle to a spot where you can work on the car & get the hose back on.
That wouldn't cause any damage would it?

Edit: I'm also thinking of just going to NAPA tomorrow and buying some T bolt clamps and swapping the clamps out. Did you do anything like that?

Edit 2: One issue that I am having, and I have no idea why, is that it is very difficult to get my hood to latch completely. I have no idea what could be causing it but I have to put almost all of my weight above the latch to get it to work. Any ideas?

Edit 3: (lol) I fixed the hood latch issue. If anyone searches for this in the future, all I did was take off the radiator cover, loosen the 2 bolts holding the latch itself, and pull it up maybe 3/8" and retighten. Now it closes fine.

Last edited:

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Darn!

No way around removing the bumper eh. That stinks! That is the one piece that I know I will never be able to reinstall as clean as it came from the factory. So even with all the “front” stuff off - rad etc, the intercooler still won’t go in unless the bumper is off.

Yea. The turbo is more involved than what I’m wanting to do. The Roush / VMP I’m not liking having to take a grinder to the block or having to carve into the rear engine bay support beam. Does this need to be done for the Whipple as well?

Good luck on your install!
There are a number of videos to show you the safe and proper way to remove the front bumper.
Very Easy!

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks!

Disappointed to hear Roush05 broke both his tabs. That’s the part that scares me the most about the install. Eek!!

I’ll check out YouTube for some videos!! Good advice!
Sponsored