Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Began installing Drake pedals. Got the pilot holes drilled and then decided to order some Cobalt bits. My cheap bits weren't cutting it. Went ahead and did the gas pedal. The brackets are a little off for a base model pedal it seems but it's attached pretty good.
Can you post a link to the specific pedals you are using? I'm trying to find a larger/flatter clutch-pedal face.

Thanks.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
20180722_202405.jpg
Apparently, other than wash it, tore this thing half way ifo the bottom. Anyone know what it's called? Looks like it's there to protect the lines.
That looks like to glue gave up sticking. I'd bet some good silicon can take care of that cheap and easy.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yesterday afternoon I installed the Whiteline transmission bushing insert.

I did not cut any holes, or modify the mount in any way, as I wanted a "baseline" on the additional NVH it caused.

There is most definitely some new rattles, vibes, and sensations, but shifting feels much nicer. I plan on putting a couple hundred of miles on the insert to 'break it in' before pulling it out to drill a hole or two.
I installed mine last week and drilled the 1” hole recommended. NVH is still there along with everything else you mentioned. I will say you get used to it and it’s well worth the benefit.
I'd wonder if some strategically placed Dynamat could help with the NVH increase?

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
If it's an OEM manifold, they do crack. Usually it creates a miss-fire code.
Thanks for the tip; I'll take a good look when it's off.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Polished out a big, long black scratch on my hood, it was about 18" long, and looked like it was from something plastic or rubber. I think it's pretty good now, for doing it by hand.
20180726_101253.jpg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red California Special
Polished out a big, long black scratch on my hood, it was about 18" long, and looked like it was from something plastic or rubber. I think it's pretty good now, for doing it by hand.
20180726_101253.jpg
Where was the scratch? I can't tell from the picture so you must have done a good job,
Also, you should Dr ColorChip that chip at the front of your hood. Have you tried that product?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Where was the scratch? I can't tell from the picture so you must have done a good job,
Also, you should Dr ColorChip that chip at the front of your hood. Have you tried that product?
It's actually not a chip, it's some dirt or bird poop. I do have the OEM touch-up paint, but it's pretty terrible in how it gets used.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
prepping for customcargrills and coyote badge install tomorrow.

and does anyone know if this cord is needed? I really want to cut it off so it doesn't hang down when the hood is up (multiple attempts at tape have failed). my guess is its a safety cord in case the vent come loose??
20180722_122304.jpg

Sponsored

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

and does anyone know if this cord is needed? I really want to cut it off so it doesn't hang down when the hood is up (multiple attempts at tape have failed). my guess is its a safety cord in case the vent come loose??
20180722_122304.jpg
Yep, it is. Might want to look for a better tape, Maybe Gorilla?

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Pulled the throttle body and intake manifold, cleaned and retorqued everything. Tomorrow I'll see if the air leak code comes back. Last time, I drove nearly an hour before it flashed. Makes me think something is only leaking when it gets hot.

Mikegig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3 Mustang
Went for my 6 month oil change (mandated by Roush) and found both my half shafts were leaking AGAIN. Just replaced both of them 900 miles ago in February. This is a Stage 3 that I haven't used for anything but shows in the last 6 months - no severe duty. Not happy with my Ford Performance Half Shafts.
Half shaft 1.jpg

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)

20180722_122304.jpg
i just did this...
IMG_20180726_203157-768x1024.jpg
Sponsored