OP
Double

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
To me the Mustang is like it has always been and that's what I think is it's great appeal world wide.

It's the fact that the Mustang is the least American looking of the 3. If the Mustang was a more true Muscle car I doubt it would get all that much praise. It's a more friendly and wider appealing design.

Challenger is too much
Camaro is trying too hard
Mustang is just right

And it's nothing remotely like any Audi/Merc/BMW, these all play it very save in terms of design and don't have all that much depth in their design.

In the end it's all personal preference but to say the Mustang is too European is a bit much. European is taking a base design and sticking on sporty stuff :p
Sponsored

OP
OP
Double

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Must have been a very early production mine was delayed (all GT's delayed) and supposed to arrive in 4 weeks orso.

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
so much facelifts!!! :D
I want mine :( haha

TheycallmeCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost, 3m Gloss Storm Grey
Hey all, American here. Came to drool over the Euro spec tail lights and was not disappointed... I've got a 2015 Euro Ecoboost rear emblem and would give anything to have the tails off a 2018 to complete the look I'm going for.

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
And it's nothing remotely like any Audi/Merc/BMW, these all play it very save in terms of design and don't have all that much depth in their design.

In the end it's all personal preference but to say the Mustang is too European is a bit much. European is taking a base design and sticking on sporty stuff :p

The '18-'19 Mustang definitely looks euro in the front end. Really not American looking at all. :tsk: Then adding insult to injury to comply with Euro rules Ford cut the EB HP by 30.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I totally agree with what [MENTION=21272]kwpony[/MENTION] said. The '18 facelift definitely looks European, not American. And bringing the power of the EcoBoost down to 290hp so that it complies with European guidelines, makes me so glad that I own a '17 model. Even if tuning is possible on the '18 (I suppose it will be possible eventually, but tuners are still trying to figure out the architecture of the new ECU), the added power will start building up on top of 290hp, instead of 317hp.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if there's any reason why that centre console can't be retrofitted. The plastic tunnel is one of my least favourite interior pieces in my MY17
Sponsored