Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Have you installed this insert? When I purchased my Energy Suspension shifter bushing I contemplated getting the transmission insert as well, but a lot of members posted about a lot a added NVH after the install. Some resulted in drilling holes in the insert to lessen the harshness.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/4.1141
I installed one of these bushings as well as the base bushing. I encountered none of the NVH that others have mentioned.
I did not drill a hole in it, but I did not install the "back" bushing. Meaning the part that slides into the rear of the bushing. Hard to see from the photo but the trans bushing is 2 pieces.

The design of the metal mount has flanges that prevent any movement of the bushing.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting on mine in the mail; should be here today. I have installed the Steeda & ES brands in others cars though.

I think 75% of these people complaining (hardcore) about NVH are from 20 somethings who have never really driven real race cars or even modified Muscle. They are comparing plush seemingly fast cars from their limited experiences and then focusing in on one tiny thing.

There's nothing wrong with having limited experience of course but I wish they didn't make silly youtube videos and threads about it. :headbonk: There's a trend with even less experienced people who watch and read this stuff, who then repeat it as gospel. Some even do it like they have decades of experience with it. It's the same in every type of hobby community so I don't know why I'd expect it to be any different here. lol
As true as that could be, it could also be that you guys are old with bad hearing and/or desensitized to all of the additional noise because you drive "real race cars" and modified muscle whereas these people want a better handling daily without it becoming anywhere near racecar loud. Different strokes and all, but true that it should all be taken with a grain of salt unless you're able to actually ride in a car and tell the difference yourself.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I'm waiting on mine in the mail; should be here today. I have installed the Steeda & ES brands in others cars though.

I think 75% of these people complaining (hardcore) about NVH are from 20 somethings who have never really driven real race cars or even modified Muscle. They are comparing plush seemingly fast cars from their limited experiences and then focusing in on one tiny thing.

There's nothing wrong with having limited experience of course but I wish they didn't make silly youtube videos and threads about it. :headbonk: There's a trend with even less experienced people who watch and read this stuff, who then repeat it as gospel. Some even do it like they have decades of experience with it. It's the same in every type of hobby community so I don't know why I'd expect it to be any different here. lol
i am installing my energy suspension trans mount tomorrow. It seems to be possible softer material than others (best i can tell). I did drill a 3/4" hole in it anyway.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I ended up drilling a hole in mine as well, lol. I've installed it in others cars before and couldn't feel the annoying vibrations the Guurly-man Youtubers feel so I figured I'd try it this way for giggles. For only $20-40, I'll give up the beans to test it.

So far I can't feel any difference but I do like a slightly more aggressive and responsive feeling chassis setup.
For reference my current aftermarket s&c mods on my Base PP GT are:
Steeda Progressive Springs
Steeda Adjustable Struts & Shocks
Steeda Alignment Bushings
Steeda BLACK IRS Dif Bushings
incidental but it matters a bit: Roush 20" wheels with NT555's @ 34lbs

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the $15 Chinese switch covers.
not bad, waiting for the @5spurs.......

43552006922_2cd4b8831a_c.jpg
20180723_181755 by chefjpd, on Flickr

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
wow, O h how I want that! Can we see the inside?

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Not bad...do you think they could be somehow darkened (since they don't have black) ?
Hate to say paint but maybe its the only way....

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Not bad...do you think they could be somehow darkened (since they don't have black) ?
Hate to say paint but maybe its the only way....
I just got some of these....I doubt it since they're not one flat color. They have 2 thin chrome rings around the outside. Though you could possibly shrink wrap some tint (or vinyl of your choice) around them. Just lay a piece of the tint over the top, cut a circle out of it so that as it lays down it'll just wrap around the outside and just inside of the ring, and cut a hole in the middle that leaves maybe an 1/8th of a inch that'll fold to the inside so there are no seams. They're a bit bigger than the actual knobs as moon said so they'll probably fit nice and snug like that.
Sponsored