Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Since installing, the 3m tape has actually failed twice even though I cleaned the plastic housing with alcohol before mounting - once on a cold-ish night and another when left in the sun all day. If I can't get it to stick properly I may have to move onto the window, which technically is an MOT fail and a bit more unsightly than where I have it now.

My rear camera kept falling off in the sun. In the end, I used a big piece of the 'dual-lock' stuff on the window (it isn't visible from the outside btw) and another piece of dual lock on the camera. The large surface area on the window has meant that it's held well and the dual lock holds surprising firm.

Kudos on fitting the battery by the way. Makes the parking mode much more useful. Keep looking at batteries myself, but don't fancy the install - that fuse box position!!!
Sponsored

AndyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2006GT
Vehicle Showcase
By any chance was your install on a 2018? I'm interested in seeing how other people have tackled the dashcam location 'issue'. Since installing, the 3m tape has actually failed twice even though I cleaned the plastic housing with alcohol before mounting - once on a cold-ish night and another when left in the sun all day. If I can't get it to stick properly I may have to move onto the window, which technically is an MOT fail and a bit more unsightly than where I have it now.
Yes 2018 model, mounted it to the window to the left of the mirror/camera console. Where I've placed it on the last couple of cars also (Evoque, 911) as I thought it could only be considered an MOT issue if placed in the path of window wiper area.

However long time before have to worry about an MOT on this one and where I get my other Mustang serviced/MOT'd they are pretty flexible on minor things like this.

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Yes 2018 model, mounted it to the window to the left of the mirror/camera console. Where I've placed it on the last couple of cars also (Evoque, 911) as I thought it could only be considered an MOT issue if placed in the path of window wiper area.

However long time before have to worry about an MOT on this one and where I get my other Mustang serviced/MOT'd they are pretty flexible on minor things like this.
Sorry, what I meant is, the only central location would be just under the black housing... which would be an MOT fail. I guess to the left might be an option... it's kinda in an awkward position though for pressing the manual record button and when I did a quick position test, it did seem to cut a bit of the driver's side off of the image.

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
My rear camera kept falling off in the sun. In the end, I used a big piece of the 'dual-lock' stuff on the window (it isn't visible from the outside btw) and another piece of dual lock on the camera. The large surface area on the window has meant that it's held well and the dual lock holds surprising firm.

Kudos on fitting the battery by the way. Makes the parking mode much more useful. Keep looking at batteries myself, but don't fancy the install - that fuse box position!!!
Amazing! That looks like exactly what I need to basically allow some 'play' in the fastening.

Thanks. I had the Cellink B installed in the 335d I had before this. It's probably about 3 years old now, but it's still holding 24 hours of charge! Good thing is, I can simply swap this out in future for a new one in a matter of minutes. It really does make the whole parking mode thing more 'useable'. Sometimes I might not use the car for a few days and it generally lasts.

The location I used actually worked pretty well and the chair clears the battery without snagging or anything... you'll notice as well there's a pre-cut flap in the carpet under the chair that's perfect for running the cabling; I intend to fasten the battery to the floor with velcro. In fact, I'm going to place the order for the velcro now along with that product you recommended for the camera!

The fusebox location is a tad annoying, I agree! The BMW had the fusebox in the boot and that was super easy to wire and the boot had little channels/rectangular sections cut out under the lining which served perfectly to stow the battery.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Added a Scott Drake hand brake cover and a Hurst Pistol Grip shifter (auto). The Drake cover looks a bit clunky but feels great in the hand compared to the OEM. The Hurst is pricey and tricky to install by oneself (trickier than CJPonyparts imply anyway), but it both looks and feels great.

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

Sponsored

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Fitted the Blackvue 750S 2CH today. Got it all tucked away and thanks to this forum was a breeze doing the hardwire using a Power Magic Pro and fuse 2/36.

Its mounted fairly central. Its not visible when driving as hidden behind the mirror completely and sits high enough on the window that even from outside its not really visible either. Just what I wanted.

Now to learn how to use it and then hope its never needed...

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Fitted the Blackvue 750S 2CH today. Got it all tucked away and thanks to this forum was a breeze doing the hardwire using a Power Magic Pro and fuse 2/36.

Its mounted fairly central. Its not visible when driving as hidden behind the mirror completely and sits high enough on the window that even from outside its not really visible either. Just what I wanted.

Now to learn how to use it and then hope its never needed...

Did exactly the same yesterday

today on the preston bypass a woman in a mito was in the outside lane all the way round despite having me in a bright yellow car behind her, then we got to the dual carriageway approaching the M6, again sits in the outside lane so I hang back until I get to the M6S Left lane because she's obviously going right

[ame]

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Yea feeling a little foolish right now to tell the truth :lol: you all know i'm in to my detailing & something kept telling me it was a good idea :crazy: Thought about buying it so many times - it was inevitable that I would try it. At least now I know haha

You know what - I now have a great excuse to treat myself to a machine polisher - been wanting one for ages...
Rimseless washes can work when used properly. Will still need a bucket and a lot of MF

Sponsored

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
All those heavy sighs - I suspect heā€™s depressed.
i know i am after sitting through 30 minutes of him talking about using a rinseless wash on what appears to be an already spotless car !

he went on about buckets for like 8 minutes !

Alexb83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 S550 Mustang
Ordered myself a set of Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06's, to pick up in New York this week.

Working away at sea has some advantages. The disadvantage being I wont get to put them on the car until September...

Looking back up-thread, I didn't find myself having to shift too many trim panels to install a front/rear Thinkware F800 - the worst bit was concealing the extra cable for the rear camera behind the headliner. I placed my camera just behind the rear view, centrally - I can't see how that's going to be an MOT failure down the line as it is actually obscured by the rear view mirror from the driver's POV.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Interior needed some TLC, so I started with the interior glass - good god it was difficult but it's looking a lot better than it was! Hoover, wipe down with some interior detailer then I gave the seats a bit of a treat...

Had this stuff for a while & decided to use it today; a foaming cleaner & a leather conditioner. The cleaner worked well, pulled off a fair bit of dirt. Really impressed with the leather conditioner, went on nice - not at all greasy, left the leather a deep dark black and it smells nice too! I wiped over it after applying with a separate sponge applicator to take off some of the sheen. Really happy with it :) Can really see the difference too - I didn't do the back seats, and they look a little dull in comparison.

IMG_5792.jpg

Then I fitted my GT350 shifter - that I've had for a few months! Looks really nice in the flesh :love: a fair bit taller than the stock shift knob, so no idea what it will be like to drive with!

IMG_5805.jpg

IMG_5803.jpg
Sponsored