Does this look right?

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Had the R splitter installed by an independent shop. They do great work ordinarily but I think it's not installed correctly.

picture.jpg

I messaged them and they told me to bring it in. I told them I've been informed it's not seated properly and when I went back to pick the car up after having them look at it, they insist it is supposed to look like this. But they said if I can confirm it's not properly installed they will re-do it.

So what I need are pictures of others' cars with R splitters installed at, hopefully, similar angles. Post away. And thank you!!!
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
If you’re worried about it coming off, just get down and grab it and shake the sh*t out of it. See if it feels loose. My 350, with factory split, looks the same, but I know it’s on correct.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Looks factory to me. Crooked as hell.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If thats a ZL1 addons hook, then here's mine as a comparison. I installed it and I took the time to make sure it was correct. If the bracket is mounted correctly, there isn't much you can screw up. It's just a small adjustment to get the rod of the hook to go through the grill without cutting it.

picture.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just pull down on the splitter. If the splitter moves independently of the front bumper it isn't installed correctly. There should be absolutely no relative movement between the two. Pulling hard will just move both the splitter and bumper together. The little gap where you can see the tabs isn't an absolute indicator that it is installed incorrectly.

You could also look to see whether all the fasteners are installed, as that is the other thing I've seen missed, but that takes a little more work.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Hard to tell from the photo you provided. You need to get down lower and closer - then take a clear photo from an angle looking slightly upwards. The slots being visible doesn't necessarily indicate an incorrect installation. If it is seated all the way in and up the splitter will be making contact with the underside of the fascia (you'll still see the slots). My original splitter was incorrectly installed so I disassembled it and installed it correctly. This should help for reference.

_splitter%20before%20and%20after.jpg

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hard to tell from the photo you provided. You need to get down lower and closer - then take a clear photo from an angle looking slightly upwards. The slots being visible doesn't necessarily indicate an incorrect installation. If it is seated all the way in and up the splitter will be making contact with the underside of the fascia (you'll still see the slots). My original splitter was incorrectly installed so I disassembled it and installed it correctly. This should help for reference.
Thanks [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]. This is the best representation I’ve seen. I linked it in the public service thread. If we had a hat tip emoji, it would be here.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, Epiphany. That helps tremendously. I'll go out to the garage and snap some more pics in a few and report back. Pretty sure, DrumpReaper is right, though; it's not seated correctly.

CRisolvato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
(1st car, long gone) '86 5.0 GT Jalapeno red. '20 HEP-R. The other cars don't really matter.
My original splitter was incorrectly installed so I disassembled it and installed it correctly. This should help for reference.

_splitter%20before%20and%20after.jpg
I sent this picture to the dealership I am at the end stages of working with to better explain why I don't think the splitter was properly installed. "They" keep telling me their lead mechanic, who has also set up a CFTP GT500 and other GT350s, installed my splitter Thanks for this.

splitter 2.PNG

Sponsored
OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Goodness, been awhile since I was here. I don't even have this car anymore! lol

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
How’s your latest ride?
It’s a fun car. More power than I’ll ever need. At least I can go to the drags and not embarrass myself ;)
Sponsored