Daily Chat Topic Europe

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
[MENTION=21272]kwpony[/MENTION] no offense taken. Unfortunately what you describe is true. Our tax money was not used for its intended purpose but for the purpose of maintaining a corrupted political system (it is still corrupted, nothing has changed, even after all those austerity measures that were completely ineffective) and a huge number of useless public servants who were there (and still are) only for political reasons.

However, all this is not my fault and I hate paying taxes for things I am not responsible for. But the fact is that taxation in Europe is extremely high compared to the US. Just look at the outrageous car prices in most European countries (Germany and the UK not included) and you will understand what I am saying.
At least in Germany they do maintain ”most” roads to a high standard. Potholes we have plenty off as well, certainly in my village just outside of Cologne!

In the UK it is a well known fact that car taxes do not get back into infrastructure. Never has, never will. Roads there now are absolutely terrible. The A12 from London to Ipswich (which I travel reguarly) are riddled with potholes and so much traffic that it almost comes to a standstill. They do nothing to improve this.

In Sweden, for example, our high taxes pays for one of the highest living standards in the world with free healthcare, free uni’s (well, some small fees you still pay), guaranteed pension (higher than in other countries) etc etc. the list is long. Unlike in the US where one almost have to appologise in order to exist.

The German system is good but nowhere near the UK or Sweden.

I have lived in Sweden, UK, US and Germany.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Here we are like the poor brother of sweden:
high taxes but medium living standards, free healtcare but very often you need to go paid to have decent standards and times, paid unis even if compared to US they are very low cost (but low school standards), guardanteed pension but they increase retiring age everyday, continuosly reducing the amount, and low salaries.

Well... al least we have our Mustangs :amen:

Twinguin

just a little Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s76.photobucket.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Convertible
At least in Germany they do maintain ”most” roads to a high standard. Potholes we have plenty off as well, certainly in my village just outside of Cologne!
I used to complain about how bad roads in Germany are. But then we moved to Michigan and now I am thinking German roads (and the whole infrastructure, and yes, including the Leverkusener Bridge) are not too bad.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Denmark is also pretty nice. We pay alot in taxes, but most things are free. When U turn 18 U get payed to go to school. Most of the taxes are 'probably' well spend here. Worst thing about beeing a gearhead here is the 150% cartax we have to pay. But once the car is payed with taxes it's not too bad. 1600€ in annual taxes for my GT, and the insurance is the same. I don't complain altough the cartax is in the most expensive category, and importing stuff from outside EU is kinda bad.

Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
The long wait is over, should be picking up the GT this monday, good timing as well since i'll be heading to the Ardennes the weekend after, as good a place as any to break in the engine :D

It was supposed to go straight for full xpel but that will have to wait till end of July. Bit of a bummer but just gotta be careful driving the high ways.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You're gonna register it in Belgium I assume?

Sponsored

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Sold my Mustang yesterday and took delivery of my new car...
Surely will miss it a little bit, but on the other hand also very glad it's gone. (Mixed feelings)

Well thanks everyone for the couple of years here on the forum! :-)

Cheers!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=18916]Nicolas05[/MENTION] what's your new car?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Good luck Nicolas!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Anyone can recommend me some brake pads for the EB PP? Preferably dust free or at least less dusty! Thx
Sponsored