Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm on the fence with my setup and don't know where to go with it:

2.9 Whipple with 132mm TB tuned by Palm beach Dyno
MAK Cat Deletes
2x Vibrant 1794 bottle resonators welded on to Cat Delete pipes
2.5" Borla ATAK cat-back

If you watch the video below, first of all, turn the volume up because the car is insanely loud and you should hear it that way if at all possible.

I think the car sounds great at < %50 throttle (which is how I drive it in the video below), but after that it goes crazy and I think maybe sounds a little nasty. At this point I haven't had anyone else drive my car for me, so I'm sharing my feelings from in-cabin.

First question:
Is there a sweet spot where I get everything that I have now at less than 50% throttle, and then have something a little more toned down at full throttle. Is that possible with anything that's on the market?

Second question:
It's like 4th of July every time I let up on throttle and allow the car to engine brake. I think it's a combo of the exhaust, tune, and 132mm TB slamming shut. I personally think it sounds good, but I'm a little worried: Is this a sign that my tune needs tweaking? Or is it just a product of my exhaust setup?

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]CgXl4_70mgI[/MEDIA]"]

Cheers
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

First question:
Is there a sweet spot where I get everything that I have now at less than 50% throttle, and then have something a little more toned down at full throttle. Is that possible with anything that's on the market?
I don't believe you will find a reasonable decibel volume with cat deletes. Heck, even high-flow cats are 95% of the volume of cat deletes. A less aggressive muffler setup will help though.

Second question:
It's like 4th of July every time I let up on throttle and allow the car to engine brake. I think it's a combo of the exhaust, tune, and 132mm TB slamming shut. I personally think it sounds good, but I'm a little worried: Is this a sign that my tune needs tweaking? Or is it just a product of my exhaust setup?
It's a product of your current setup. Mine pops, gurgles, cracks, and backfires as well. It's normal on a car with an aftermarket exhaust setup. I have high-flow cats, LTHs, and Roush exhaust. I think it sounds good as well. Way too loud though.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I think the cheapest way would be trying the Borla Resonator which swaps out the X-pipe. There about $300. I'm debating it myself.

OP
OP
torch2k

torch2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's a product of your current setup. Mine pops, gurgles, cracks, and backfires as well. It's normal on a car with an aftermarket exhaust setup. I have high-flow cats, LTHs, and Roush exhaust. I think it sounds good as well. Way too loud though.
Ok, this is good to know :)

I think the cheapest way would be trying the Borla Resonator which swaps out the X-pipe. There about $300. I'm debating it myself.
What is your current setup? How close are you to pulling the trigger?

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Cat-less long tubes are the issue.

I'd also suggest trying the Borla resonator.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Ok, this is good to know :)

What is your current setup? How close are you to pulling the trigger?
Currently just the S-Type catback. With ATAK and S-type the resonator will fit.

I'm thinking of buying the resonator soon. Luckily it's easy to swap out so it's a great option if u want to switch between X and Resi
Sponsored