Sponsored

Corsa Xtreme dyno?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
MotoIQ has a before and after dyno for the FRPP Sport exhaust and showed about a 7hp and 3tq gain. I'd imagine the Corsa Extreme being more free flowing would pick up a little more than that.

Just an FYI, when you run back to back pulls on a dyno the spread from the first to last pull can exceed 5-7hp.
Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Just an FYI, when you run back to back pulls on a dyno the spread from the first to last pull can exceed 5-7hp.
Not sure how valid this dyno is from HGMS (http://www.hgperformance.co/hgms-mustang-mods/):

s550_mustang_gt_dynograph_after.jpg

Their article says no ECU calibration and the exhaust was their ONLY engine modification for the GT unlike their Ecoboost which was heavily tuned and modified for more power.

LMR also achieved about 5 hp more on average with their Ford Performance GT350 quad tip exhaust on 93 octane. When combined with 93 and a Power Pack 2 they hit 421 whp with just the Power Pack 2, 93 octane and the FP cat back exhaust. That's 471 crank at a 12% drive train loss (theirs was a 6M). But yes, you'd have to do 3-5 back to back runs on each to see any real gains, otherwise your within the limits of engine timing variations due to heat / fueling / knock etc.

Not sure how much I believe HGMS, but I don't see anything deceptive in their article or any strange ways they tested their cars. There might be more gains with exhaust with power adders such as the Ford Power Packs, especially since the Power Packs allow higher RPM limits, the X-pip may start to breathe a little better than the suit case and net you 5~10 hp.

OP
OP
StockGT

StockGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 base GT, Stock (for now)
Interesting, I’d be happy just not to lose any power watching a lot of reviews on the exhaust and some people were saying they felt like they lost torque down low, Probably going to be pulling the trigger on the exhaust soon since I’ll be going to houston for 8 months for work and I’ll be away from the family I’ll have nothing to do but cruise

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how valid this dyno is from HGMS (http://www.hgperformance.co/hgms-mustang-mods/):

s550_mustang_gt_dynograph_after.jpg

Their article says no ECU calibration and the exhaust was their ONLY engine modification for the GT unlike their Ecoboost which was heavily tuned and modified for more power.

LMR also achieved about 5 hp more on average with their Ford Performance GT350 quad tip exhaust on 93 octane. When combined with 93 and a Power Pack 2 they hit 421 whp with just the Power Pack 2, 93 octane and the FP cat back exhaust. That's 471 crank at a 12% drive train loss (theirs was a 6M). But yes, you'd have to do 3-5 back to back runs on each to see any real gains, otherwise your within the limits of engine timing variations due to heat / fueling / knock etc.

Not sure how much I believe HGMS, but I don't see anything deceptive in their article or any strange ways they tested their cars. There might be more gains with exhaust with power adders such as the Ford Power Packs, especially since the Power Packs allow higher RPM limits, the X-pip may start to breathe a little better than the suit case and net you 5~10 hp.
No way they actually got 20 whp from a catback. It's a handful but nothing like that.

OP
OP
StockGT

StockGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 base GT, Stock (for now)
Yeah 20 hp definitely seems like a stretch for any NA car, maybe there’s other variables during the day like a change in temp/humidity when they did the pulls to get those results.

Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
No way they actually got 20 whp from a catback. It's a handful but nothing like that.
I didn't expect 20 HP. The most believe able results I"ve seen range from about 5 hp to 7 hp. And all of that comes from replacing the "suite case" with an X-pipe even with stock axle back.

But it is a dyno on a stock car with just the Corsa, so I'm not sure how they got those numbers. Crosa's own website say 5 hp and 4 ft-lbs average for their cat backs and that is in line with what most see. I'm not sure if they (HG) tuned it without saying so, but 410 whp is one happy dyno for a 2nd gen 5.0 with just a cat back....most Power Pack 2 cars with a full cat back hit around 410 to 420 whp on a Dyno Jet with 93.

I think NA engines are reaching their limits on pump gas unless they move to something more exotic like "Free Valve" top ends where each valve is controlled individually by a solenoid, giving you ideal timing at every rpm range. TiVVT is good, but there are still losses in valve timing due to cam phasor adjustment limits.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Loved the Xtreme on my 15 GT M6 and love it even more on my 18 GT A10.
Sponsored