Sponsored

My GT350R will likely be my last Ford car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This thread has run its course an now its just petty bickering. Im surprised it hasn't been locked or edited yet, but I guess It has been pure entertainment all along.

:popcorn:
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It’s guys like you why threads like this turn into shitshows. Because of constant posts like this.

[MENTION=9260]stanglife[/MENTION] how many times do you really need to state the same thing? Oh and thanks for turning the blown engine thread into a shitshow as well.
God forbid I post some actual numbers or views that contradict the OPs momentum... and try to extrapolate some data even if it goes against the grain on a public forum... You guys need to get over yourselves.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
God forbid I post some actual numbers or views that contradict the OPs momentum... and try to extrapolate some data even if it goes against the grain on a public forum... You guys need to get over yourselves.
We do????

That is just fine, but you continue to repeat yourself over and over and over polluting the thread because you don’t like it. Even when it has been explained to you that the majority knows it isn’t scientific and just trying to get a picture of what is going on. Even you once said we should have thread keeping track of how many blown engines there are. You know what that is called, bullshit. Something you supposedly are born to call out.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
We do????

That is just fine, but you continue to repeat yourself over and over and over polluting the thread because you don’t like it. Even when it has been explained to you that the majority knows it isn’t scientific and just trying to get a picture of what is going on. Even you once said we should have thread keeping track of how many blown engines there are. You know what that is called, bullshit. Something you supposedly are born to call out.
And now you are bringing that thread, here. Brilliant.

Since you did - I've always been for counting them and getting to a root cause. I've always said that this data is flawed in the context of figuring out a percentage of actual failures. Simple....to most. Read much?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
And now you are bringing that thread, here. Brilliant.

Since you did - I've always been for counting them and getting to a root cause. I've always said that this data is flawed in the context of figuring out a percentage of actual failures. Simple....to most. Read much?
Then why all the whining? That is exactly what they are trying to do and they have admitted it is flawed. So do read much before you post? There are guys like you in every forum...........

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
In between all of your insults, there's a little bit of useful conversation - how about you try to stick to that?

The people putting the data together are not admitting it's flawed - they think it's spot on, which his amazing to me. Oh well.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
In between all of your insults, there's a little bit of useful conversation - how about you try to stick to that?

The people putting the data together are not admitting it's flawed - they think it's spot on, which his amazing to me. Oh well.
You have the balls to complain about others insults? I don’t know if you are an only child or you never win an argument with your wife, but it is just weird. I’m done playing your game, have fun being the forum sheriff/pain in the ass.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I get it - throw some more insults and run out the door. I can deal with that.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Reality distortion field engaged............

Yes the voodoo is the popular whipping boy, but typically when there is smoke, well you know.

I'm not worried about my engine, but I do worry about just about everything else. My car is aging very poorly. the last 3-4k miles it has been at a dealer, or parked waiting for parts more than its been running.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Reality distortion field engaged............

Yes the voodoo is the popular whipping boy, but typically when there is smoke, well you know.

I'm not worried about my engine, but I do worry about just about everything else. My car is aging very poorly. the last 3-4k miles it has been at a dealer, or parked waiting for parts more than its been running.
My car is spending the night at the dealer for the first time tonight. A/C. Condenser leaked a little - to the point where it blew cold in one vent and warm in the other (center). I drove it like that because I'm afraid of the dealer and eventually the compressor crapped out, too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Guys, honestly, I posted a legitimate gripe about Ford quality... it’s terrible. At no point did I ever say I was jettisoning my R.... at no point did I say I’ve fallen out of love with the car... at no point have I asked for someone to agree with me, or to oppose me.

It’s an open forum here. I expect there will always be the fanboys, those who antagonize just cause they breathe and the chicken littles. The sky isn’t falling with my R. I’m keeping it, just not purchasing another Ford “car” till quality is better than current “Job 1”.

Why is that so hard for some people to comprehend? I paid good money for my car just like everyone else here, unless you’ve been gifted your car... and every one of us are entitled to state an opinion as to the likes, dislikes or concerns of our autos.

I love my R... it’s my 7th Mustang and 15th Ford. I love my Raptor too!!!... and I’ll continue to buy Ford trucks cause no other truck manages to beat them.

Let’s stick to facts and not jabs. Truce?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Agreed. I got pretty lucky with my car but there are a couple gripes. In the performance world, this is the steal of the century, IMO - but I agree $70k is $70k and who doesn't want it to be as good as it can for that kind of money.

Mine is for sale - but only because I'm a little bored...and I think I mentioned it but I love the experience of buying parts constantly for an emerging build. It's like Christmas every week!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
This thread has been the first time that I can remember where long time owners have been going after each other. If this becomes habit, then this place will turn into Corvette Forum...and that should be enough motivation for everyone to want to get along.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
This thread made me think of the resale value that GT350s will have in a few years time. Honestly if the car was decently made and didn't have an abnormally high engine failure rate, I would've said that a clean used GT350 would never dip below $35k. However because of all these various issues (and the fact that they made so many cars) I can easily see these going for $20-25k in a few years. :(
If they do tank in price it'll be amazing. I can dream of my five year old getting her license one day and asking if she can have a ratty, crappy cheapo high mileage off-brand gt350 as her first car. "That's my girl", I would say to her.

A couple of more serious thoughts:

- the engine failures seem to occur very early in life, so I expect 20k mile and above cars to carry zero stigma even if the failure story turns out a big deal,.which at this stage it isn't. In other words: it's convenient to drive the piss out of your car.

- i predict that when Chevy and Ford eventually throw in the towel and stop making big aspirated manual V8s (probably sooner than anyone thinks), the GT350 will be remembered with the same fondness as an air-cooled Porsche, and will be priced accordingly. That's until they make it illegal to drive your own car, of course.
Sponsored