Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Austin, from the moment I first saw your car I was thinking how much cleaner it would be w/o the stripes. In my eyes the car looks sharper and less "adolescent" with them gone.

Others may cringe but you get a huge thumbs up from me.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Austin, from the moment I first saw your car I was thinking how much cleaner it would be w/o the stripes. In my eyes the car looks sharper and less "adolescent" with them gone.

Thanks Tob.

I sent pictures to a lot of people last night, I should have included you now that I think about it.

So far it's almost completely unanimous around my friends. Only one wanted me to keep the stripes.

The pros and cons were heavy in both directions, I was basically looking at it like this

Pros of removing - Cleaner, sleeper-ish, less bad attention (in the event I happen to be speeding), it also does look a bit more aggressive, less common.

Cons of removing - Less good attention, the heritage look (which I adore), minor paint protection in those 2 spots, potential resale (I'm never selling this thing).

Overall I'm actually really glad I did it. I shouldn't have waited so long.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

What's the point of owning this car if not to make everyone think you're a big man-child?! (not sure on the female equivalent - sorry ladies to leave you out of this one :lol:).

The GT350 is like the grown up version of a straight piped civic when it comes to disturbing the peace.

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
I agree it looks great but I’m clinging to my adolescence as long as possible...

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
What's the point of owning this car if not to make everyone think you're a big man-child?! (not sure on the female equivalent - sorry ladies to leave you out of this one :lol:).

The GT350 is like the grown up version of a straight piped civic when it comes to disturbing the peace.
Sometimes I catch myself trying to behave in this thing. It doesn’t last long.

Sponsored

TexBB

'18 GT350 Leadfoot Grey
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, chassis J0859
Today

Had the windows tinted with ceramic film. Looks really nice. Installed LED interior bulbs.

While at the tint shop found several customers having some sort of UV film (almost clear, no real visible tint) applied to inside of windshield. They say it really keeps the inside cool in the hot sun. I had never heard of this? May take my F250 in to have it done to see if it really helps. Worried about clarity.

Anyone with experience?

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
I checked my oil. 2000 miles now. Time to add the first quart ever.

Also got my State Farm bill - bastards dropped the car and now charging me $1,700/year

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Sometimes it looks good, but a Shelby car needs stripes in my opinion. lol

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Had the windows tinted with ceramic film. Looks really nice. Installed LED interior bulbs.

While at the tint shop found several customers having some sort of UV film (almost clear, no real visible tint) applied to inside of windshield. They say it really keeps the inside cool in the hot sun. I had never heard of this? May take my F250 in to have it done to see if it really helps. Worried about clarity.

Anyone with experience?
I have the windshield of my company car tinted. Huge difference! You cannot tell from looking at it, anything is there.
Sponsored