Sponsored

Guess what? Motortrend favors the Camaro again

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
And here I thought collards were green
Haha, auto-correct...who'd of thunk it. I'll leave that gem of a mistake intact. :cheers:
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I guess I’m not really seeing anyone trying to interpret low sales as being an indication of being a “supercar” other than as a joke. If there is one or two over-the-top fanboys making that comparison, that is by no means representative of what the vast majority on Camaro6 think of the car. It’s a fast toy. Period. A McLaren 570s is a supercar. An Aventador is a supercar. A Ferrari 488 is a supercar. A ZL1 is a Camaro that can hang close with those cars at a much lower price, but is NOT a supercar. I think most people get that.
What does Camaro6 think about the 6th gen Mustang and Mustang owners?

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Not really thrilled with the idea of spending $50k and immediately voiding the powertrain warranty. It's something I've considered but to me it just says theres a gap in the trims.

I definitely think the mustang is the better looking car and since the refresh every bit as close in performance. I just wish the GT500 would be price competitively - even if we can find an MSRP level car I don't expect it will be comparable.
Then buy the whipple warranty? You'll still be in less than a ZL1.

FRPP/Roush will likely have a warrantied blower setup soon for the 18-19 too.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
A lot of the guys over there are just like us here...car guys who enjoy American performance. It's not fair to lump the assholes over there in with everyone else and throw a label on all of them.

However the nutswingers? Well..they're special. If they didn't have double standards they wouldn't have any standards. They criticize us for being gossipers and such, but are equally obsessed with what we say here (*Blaq mode: LOL all they have to hang their hat on is sales because everything else is a joke lolololololol*) and similar. You've got the piece of shit Kttzo6 or whatever the fuck his name is who street races his ZL1 with his wife and kid in the car who can't stop posting street racing vids (He'd be better served by being taken out into a field and having a bullet put in his head if he truly does street race with his wife and kid in the car)...and the usual assortment of retards we have here but they own a Camaro instead of a Mustang.

I think a lot people here cast aspersions on people like Martin are really in the wrong..this guy spent his career at GM and we frankly should be happy here's even here engaging with us..even if he was from "that other company".

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey

Same thing as here. I have been on there as a Camaro owner and defending the Mustangs. Had to hear the same childish crap.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If Ford GT is a supercar, then what is a Corvette ZR1?
Corvette ZR1 is a fast car and impressive. But not a super car. Just the fact that it shares a name with a car that can be purchased for less than the top optioned Mustangs and Camaros precludes it being a super car.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
A lot of the guys over there are just like us here...car guys who enjoy American performance. It's not fair to lump the assholes over there in with everyone else and throw a label on all of them.

However the nutswingers? Well..they're special. If they didn't have double standards they wouldn't have any standards. They criticize us for being gossipers and such, but are equally obsessed with what we say here (*Blaq mode: LOL all they have to hang their hat on is sales because everything else is a joke lolololololol*) and similar. You've got the piece of shit Kttzo6 or whatever the fuck his name is who street races his ZL1 with his wife and kid in the car who can't stop posting street racing vids (He'd be better served by being taken out into a field and having a bullet put in his head if he truly does street race with his wife and kid in the car)...and the usual assortment of retards we have here but they own a Camaro instead of a Mustang.

I think a lot people here cast aspersions on people like Martin are really in the wrong..this guy spent his career at GM and we frankly should be happy here's even here engaging with us..even if he was from "that other company".
In the wrong?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524981&page=4

4V made a claim which I knew was not true. I posted quotes to prove my side. What is the problem with that? People also make claims that Camaro6 never says anything negative about the Mustang on here. I guess I will take their word on it. We need to clean up our site!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
In the wrong?

4V made a claim which I knew was not true. I posted quotes to prove my side. What is the problem with that? People also make claims that Camaro6 never says anything negative about the Mustang on here. I guess I will take their word on it. We need to clean up our site!
No no..trust me...I laugh at how 13vrtSS or whatever his name is used to play the two faced routine...being all amicable here and being a snickering POS there.

I just mean to say that ALL of Camaro6 are assholes is pushing it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I did my part to clean up our forum. I put 4v and the other chevy guys on ignore.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
No no..trust me...I laugh at how 13vrtSS or whatever his name is used to play the two faced routine...being all amicable here and being a snickering POS there.

Honestly, a majority that post in the VS section act high and mighty. When the MY18 was running damn near 11's stock, a majority cried foul and claimed they were staged, faked, and a rented track doesn't count. When Evan Smith posted stock 11 times, a majority cried foul, claimed he removed seats and the sway bar, claimed the car was provided by ford and therefore rigged and once again denounced the times because of a rented track and even called into question his honesty.

It wasn't until motortrend FINALLY tested the A10 mustang to a phenomenal 12.1 ET, 118.8 when only ONE of them finally decided to believe the times...but a majority still won't admit that it could be faster. And even then, they still think the manual version is slower...even though all tests show it to be right on par.

When any video pops up of a mustang, it's mod legitimacy is immediately questioned. When any video pops up of a camaro, it's immediately quoted as fact. I don't see nearly this amount of bias here.

Now that may not reflect the entire camaro crowd, but it is most definitely the sentiment of the most loud and frequent posters.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Honestly, a majority that post in the VS section act high and mighty. When the MY18 was running damn near 11's stock, a majority cried foul and claimed they were staged, faked, and a rented track doesn't count. When Evan Smith posted stock 11 times, a majority cried foul, claimed he removed seats and the sway bar, claimed the car was provided by ford and therefore rigged and once again denounced the times because of a rented track and even called into question his honesty.

It wasn't until motortrend FINALLY tested the A10 mustang to a phenomenal 12.1 ET, 118.8 when only ONE of them finally decided to believe the times...but a majority still won't admit that it could be faster. And even then, they still think the manual version is slower...even though all tests show it to be right on par.

When any video pops up of a mustang, it's mod legitimacy is immediately questioned. When any video pops up of a camaro, it's immediately quoted as fact. I don't see nearly this amount of bias here.

Now that may not reflect the entire camaro crowd, but it is most definitely the sentiment of the most loud and frequent posters.
Its been that way for years. They will attack camaro owners. If they dont pull the camaro6 line. I race with a ZL1 owner over there. And they talk down to him. Because he actually races every week. And gets his facts first hand. Instead of magazine racing.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Well, there will be a gaggle of Camaros at Beech Bend this week/weekend and I guarantee you most of them will be disappointed in their times when it’s all said and done!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

Oh yeah I wouldn't say the whole forum ever. I just always found the whole playing the both sides thing to come off as really fake especially when you can see what everyone is posting.

I remember coginfer or whatever their name was. They tried to bait and troll someone on here and they were posting the exchange on Camaro6 trying to get the person banned on here. No one said a word about that :shrug:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

Well per 4v anything that happened a month or two ago didn't really happen and is old hat.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

In the wrong?

I think most people on Camaro6 have a healthy respect and appreciation for Mustangs. They just aren't as vocal or quotable as the guys y'all love to hate. Many of us have driven and/or owned Mustangs and chose Camaro for reasons different than the reasons that made many of you buy Mustang. Trunk room vs trackability. Low end torque vs high revving, top end performance. And so on. 1320' hit the nail on the head wrt the part that I bolded. I'll leave the rest of his post for y'all to analyze. I try not to single people out.

As for the part in BLUE....I have a thick skin. There are people on the internet who impress me. Some on this site. I try not to let people on the internet irritate me. Way to easy to censor on my end. If I don't like what someone says, I stop reading their posts. That's here, Camaro6, Talkbass, and even Learngospelmusic.

For the part of Hunteroo's post that I bolded....I would NEVER say that nobody ever says anything negative about Mustangs on Camaro6. Hell, V8 guys give V6 and Turbo guys shit all the time, so of course some of them are gonna say even worse things about competitor brands. Happens there....happens here. People on both sites take stuff way to personally. If somebody doesn't like decisions and choices Al Oppenheiser and his team made, it doesn't reflect on my character or capabilities. Yes, I do defend some of the issues that Mustang owners think are fatal flaws with Camaro (visibility, rear seat, trunk). They are clearly not the best features of the cars, but they are conscious trade-offs. Some people (yours truly) can accept those trade-offs. Others can't. They buy Mustangs and Challengers.
Sponsored