Sponsored

Guess what? Motortrend favors the Camaro again

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Uhhhh yeah I can't afford it because I am impoverished and I also couldn't handle the extreme performance of the Camaro as well. Supercars are best left in the hands of a capable driver.
Plus remember...Camaro drivers are the elite..the best of the best.
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I mean the low end torque was nice. That’s about it

Head's up Display and the gear (manual) displayed on the dash are two I miss. And an odd one is a manual seat back adjustment? Really? I have a new SuperDuty and it even has full electric. Honestly the seats are almost the same so it could have been done.

Terminator03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6 speed
Head's up Display and the gear (manual) displayed on the dash are two I miss. And an odd one is a manual seat back adjustment? Really? I have a new SuperDuty and it even has full electric. Honestly the seats are almost the same so it could have been done.
I agree also on the gear display!!! The active rev match was cool too but I prefer doing it myself on my mustang anyways. I gapped a 6th gen SS shortly after getting my mustang and it made me feel even more enforced I made the right move. He was shifting at 6200 while I was around 7500 :headbang:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Why the hell do you need to know what gear your in displayed on the dash? It's a manual, you know what gear you're in as it's the last one you placed it into. Is there something I'm missing?

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Why the hell do you need to know what gear your in displayed on the dash? It's a manual, you know what gear you're in as it's the last one you placed it into. Is there something I'm missing?

Yeah, manners.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:DWrong thread for manners.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Uhhhh yeah I can't afford it because I am impoverished and I also couldn't handle the extreme performance of the Camaro as well. Supercars are best left in the hands of a capable driver.
I've seen you post sarcastically about the supercar thing probably about 100 times. Was there someone that compared the Camaro to a supercar? I seem to recall there being a debate about the ZR1, but not the Camaro

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I've seen you post sarcastically about the supercar thing probably about 100 times. Was there someone that compared the Camaro to a supercar? I seem to recall there being a debate about the ZR1, but not the Camaro
Oh lol its a long running meme. There was a comparison made to the low Camaro sales to the sales numbers of supercars and that the Camaro was pretty much as supercar because of that. Also a lot of people have referred to the Camaro SS, 1LE, etc as a supercar, offering supercar levels of performance, dominating supercars, the Camaro is rare like a supercar and such. It is all on Camaro6 though you might have to check some of the old sales threads.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
A number of third party reviewers have stated that some Camaro models (mainly ZL1, but in some cases SS, 1SS 1LE) are putting in acceleration and track numbers that match the performance of much more expensive supercars at significantly lower price. Rather than give credit where credit is due, some on this site prefer to say Camaro only resembles supercars when it comes to sales volume. :shrug:

Sponsored

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Triumph Thunderbird
Crazy thread. So much angst on both sides. Coming from german cars, I never would have considered a Mustang or Camaro until this generation except for the GT500 or ZL1.

Both companies have built a great crop of cars this generation. I've been away from "fun cars" for about 2 years but as I look to get back into one spring 2019, I've been strongly considering a Vette, Stang or Camaro.I've more or less dropped the vette from the running.

I prefer the looks of the stang but the reality is I'll likely get into a camaro because they don't offer a car that fits what I want - Zl1 type power. The GT350 might be one of my favorite looking cars out there right now but for the price I have a hard time justifying it over a ZL1 or even a SS 1LE/GT PP. Not enough difference. GT500 is of course coming but I figure we'll be lucky to see that for under $75k, especially anytime soon.

So it comes down for me to a loaded GT or splurg another 14-15k and get a good deal more power. The differences between the SS and GT (since refresh) are so minor that it's a preference of looks.

Just wish Ford gave an option between the GT and GT500 - as nice looking as the GT350 is, not sure it's worth the difference unless you track A LOT.

Anyway both great cars but if you don't have a preference, to me it just comes down to the price points where vary across both brands depending on what you want.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Crazy thread. So much angst on both sides. Coming from german cars, I never would have considered a Mustang or Camaro until this generation except for the GT500 or ZL1.

Both companies have built a great crop of cars this generation. I've been away from "fun cars" for about 2 years but as I look to get back into one spring 2019, I've been strongly considering a Vette, Stang or Camaro.I've more or less dropped the vette from the running.

I prefer the looks of the stang but the reality is I'll likely get into a camaro because they don't offer a car that fits what I want - Zl1 type power. The GT350 might be one of my favorite looking cars out there right now but for the price I have a hard time justifying it over a ZL1 or even a SS 1LE/GT PP. Not enough difference. GT500 is of course coming but I figure we'll be lucky to see that for under $75k, especially anytime soon.

So it comes down for me to a loaded GT or splurg another 14-15k and get a good deal more power. The differences between the SS and GT (since refresh) are so minor that it's a preference of looks.

Just wish Ford gave an option between the GT and GT500 - as nice looking as the GT350 is, not sure it's worth the difference unless you track A LOT.

Anyway both great cars but if you don't have a preference, to me it just comes down to the price points where vary across both brands depending on what you want.

Good post, and I largely agree - both cars are good depending on your priorities. If you haven't, you might check the Bullitt edition Mustang, as it has a little more power and other tweaks that might give it a slight edge, if you prefer the Mustang styling. Limited colors, though, and the Bullitt badging is a bit much for me.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Good post, and I largely agree - both cars are good depending on your priorities. If you haven't, you might check the Bullitt edition Mustang, as it has a little more power and other tweaks that might give it a slight edge, if you prefer the Mustang styling. Limited colors, though, and the Bullitt badging is a bit much for me.
Still touching almost 50k to start though with the Bullitt.

Nothing wrong with going with the ZL1 as the GT500 will have a ADM already for sure if you are looking for power.

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Triumph Thunderbird
Still touching almost 50k to start though with the Bullitt.

Nothing wrong with going with the ZL1 as the GT500 will have a ADM already for sure if you are looking for power.
ADM for sure but giveen GT350 price point you really think GT500 will start any lower than $68-72kbase? It just seems unlikely to price close to the 350 in which case its going to be a good deal more than a ZL1.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
A number of third party reviewers have stated that some Camaro models (mainly ZL1, but in some cases SS, 1SS 1LE) are putting in acceleration and track numbers that match the performance of much more expensive supercars at significantly lower price. Rather than give credit where credit is due, some on this site prefer to say Camaro only resembles supercars when it comes to sales volume. :shrug:
No one disputes its a fast car but trying to make it sound like low sales is a good thing is silly. I thought the Camaro would have sold quite a bit more over the last three months I really don't see why sales are where they are.
Sponsored