Sponsored

Do any of you use Local Carwashes???? Or Power Spray Washes????

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP, do some research on "Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine" which I have linked below. All you need is a capful or two of the product, half a gallon of distilled water in a bucket, and a few microfiber towels to SAFELY clean your car.

https://www.amazon.com/OPT-Optimum-...pID=41WdIGCZK1L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
I can’t see how someone can “safely” wash a car with those type of products in that manner for a daily driver where road grit and bugs can adhere to the body during a weeks worth of driving... then you’re not rinsing the car before hand and we all know how microfibers can trap or get debris stuck in the fibers... so essentially, isn’t this type of wash just damaging the clearcoat with each pass?

Educate us....

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Hand wash all my cars and trucks. Always have, always will. I will admit not doing it as often as I used to as I am closing in on 70.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Never...always hand wash at home.

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yea I like my car clean all the time so I will have to think about washing it 2 days a week myself.

Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Nope. I lovingly hand wash mine during the Springs first rains, As butterflys carefully carry each pure droplet from the sky, using a careful mixture of Unicorn Tears and Tibetan spring water, while a Virgin gently strums a Harp.

Last edited:

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Always washed my car by hand ! What is a car wash ? In fact I wouldn't know how too use one !

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
I would never go anywhere but a touchless wash. If you're going to one of those places with an unlimited monthly membership and the rollers/hanging cloth things you might as well drive your car through a sand paper factory.
[ame]

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I would never go anywhere but a touchless wash. If you're going to one of those places with an unlimited monthly membership and the rollers/hanging cloth things you might as well drive your car through a sand paper factory.
I would but I don’t live near a sand paper factory.

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Its shocking to me when I see swirl marked, brake dusted wheels, caked on mud, hasn't been washed in months on a (insert any performance car). If you want it done RIGHT, clean your car at home using quality car care products with a microfiber towel. Don't get lazy and think a car wash does an ok job...it doesn't.

Initially its a huge PITA to clay bar, apply multiple coats of polish and buff out but once established, my car only takes an hour for a 80% level car wash and looks great. I've used https://www.zainostore.com/ on all my Mustangs and always get comments on how great they look.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I could spend less money (and time) getting it re-cleared in a few years. Meanwhile, washing/polishing/waxing/claybar/etc is an effort to slow the eventual result, and that's if you do it right.

Like my Harley, I own it to ride it, not to clean it.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I have been for years and now with new wheels it looks like the track in the carwash and messed up the front driver side wheel. I'm pissed as I know it will keep happening after I get it fixed if I go back.

I have been going here for year $32 a Mth. for unlimited full service carwashs.

I like to wash the car about 2 days a week. So I don't know if I should just start using the local Power spray place and doing it myself.

Have any of you guys run into this? What do you guys do?

I use a boat hull brush once a week in my driveway and hand wax every couple of months. I ONLY use a brushless carwash in the winter months to keep the dirt and grime off the paint. Living in the south the Winter is Dec - Feb. You should have a winter problem is S. Cali.

Since you are is South Cali I guess you live in a Condo and don't have any space to wash your car?

Last edited:

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Guys I have found the solution!!!!! I bought this thing called Worx Hydroshot it works awesome! You fill up a bucket of water put this wand in it and it gently powerwashes the car just like a real car wash. I even keep a bottle of distilled water to rinse. Problem solved. Look up WOrx hydroshot. Thank me later

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This
Sponsored