Sponsored

Easy and Inexpensive Mod

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Has anyone seen these knob covers in Carbon Fiber or Black? I've only found Red or Blue.

HTB1FcE2fo3IL1JjSZFMq6yjrFXaW.jpg
I'd love to find these in black or dark silver (Smoked?) Do they just slip on? Maybe could be sprayed with plastic paint? Agree that the set of 4 is needed!
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I'd love to find these in black or dark silver (Smoked?) Do they just slip on? Maybe could be sprayed with plastic paint? Agree that the set of 4 is needed!

You're right, they just slip on. Mine were a little loose, so I stuck a little duct tape inside them and now they're solid.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

1st I had an Intervention..(Heavenly or other-wise)... I was reaching for my Cleaners on the shelf getting the headlights ready for the vinly overlay..my can of Performex Plasti Dip fell on to the bench!! then I had an epiphany ....why not just paint the tops of the lights instead of Matte vinyl??......so I did!! It hid the adjusting screws as well and matches all under hood plastic perfectly!!! I now consider my Under Hood area complete!!
image2(3).jpeg
image2(4).jpeg
image3(2).jpeg

Last edited:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
[MENTION=15232]Voo Doo[/MENTION] Just curious, does the plasti dip block the light that shines in the gap between the hood and fender?
[MENTION=27640]bjstang[/MENTION] 10-4 good buddy...affirmative!! Nuk...Nuk want me to take a Pic?? :cheers:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Ha, no evidence is needed for me. :) I didn't know if it would or not, haven't used the plasti dip before. :cheers:
I did 3 Coats.....I should have done 4! I painted my windshield washer reservoir gooseneck with it as well. Light coats waiting 30 min between coats. Easy-peasy! It’s actually Performex...not Krylon!! DUH!! great product!

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I missed it, but thanks for the heads up. There's likely to be another sale for the 4th of July, right?
Maybe but likely not, apparently it ties in to their quarters to boost numbers.

cpelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang ecoboost
I want to put hood vent to my eco 2015 europe, who advises me the best ones without doing refroma in the bonnet, I have seen in aliexpress some but I do not know how they would go with 3M tape

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
Sound deadener / roadside kneeling pad. One $5.00 72" x 80" heavy duty moving blanket will make two pads. Binding around the edges would make for a nice finish. I'm considering them as a one-time use especially if laid on wet ground, grass burs, etc... so I didn't bother binding the edges. The Ford all-weather mat fits great over the top of the blanket.
Nice!

Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Hey, I just wanted to point this out for "Cheap and easy". The Steeda and whiteline Trans bushing is a cheap and easy mod. I think we all realize they are made in the same factories with the same molds. @ only $40 it's a pretty cheap thing to afford but there are companies online that sell the non-branded version for $20.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KGGQGZK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have you installed this insert? When I purchased my Energy Suspension shifter bushing I contemplated getting the transmission insert as well, but a lot of members posted about a lot a added NVH after the install. Some resulted in drilling holes in the insert to lessen the harshness.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/4.1141