Sponsored

Sensor failings. You could have one too!

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I'm thinking that there should be a sticky post regarding common EB issues/troubleshooting. So far we have:

1. Spark plug gap
2. Evap purge valve
3. Now the LP fuel sensor.

Any common engine related issues you can think of?
Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I'm thinking that there should be a sticky post regarding common EB issues/troubleshooting. So far we have:

1. Spark plug gap
2. Evap purge valve
3. Now the LP fuel sensor.

Any common engine related issues you can think of?
Valve cover leak
Head gasket (more known on focus rs)
Fuel pump

Bigstang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EB
Finally swapped out the ba sensor to a CA sensor and of course the 5 minute job turned into a 30 min job because the crescent wrench jammed on me and couldn’t get it off the old sensor. Finally got it off and the new sensor went on super easy. I do have a question though how tight should it be? I feel like it tightened quickly and almost feel I need to toghten some more but don’t want to over tighten. I turned the car on it runs fine, no leak.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I had the same feeling, lol. I suppose as long as it doesn't leak you are fine. I would check it every now and then for the first couple of weeks though.

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I replaced the fuel pressure sensor yesterday. My Ecoboost has been one of the cars suffering from low RPM, high load stumbling and hesitation. Apply some light throttle, feel the car not respond, vibrations in the gas pedal, and then the transmission downshifts and away it goes normally. I've driven both the stock and Ford Performance tunes observing the same behavior. I can confirm that the new sensor has completely eliminated the problem. Completely. I tested the car in every low speed, high load regime in which I experienced a lack of response. I've driven for so long believing this hesitation was a normal characteristic of the car.

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I replaced the fuel pressure sensor yesterday. My Ecoboost has been one of the cars suffering from low RPM, high load stumbling and hesitation. Apply some light throttle, feel the car not respond, vibrations in the gas pedal, and then the transmission downshifts and away it goes normally. I've driven both the stock and Ford Performance tunes observing the same behavior. I can confirm that the new sensor has completely eliminated the problem. Completely. I tested the car in every low speed, high load regime in which I experienced a lack of response. I've driven for so long believing this hesitation was a normal characteristic of the car.
Im planning on putting my new sensor on this week too. all the symptoms you described fit mine to the T.

Especially the part about it feeling normal. 45k miles and I have yet to really feel like the thing idled like a "new" car.. :headbonk:

Last edited:

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Im planning on putting my new sensor on this week too. all the symtoms you described fit mine to the T.

Especially the part about it feeling normal. 45k miles and I have yet to really feel like the thing idled like a "new" car.. :headbonk:
Best of luck man, I understand how frustrating that hesitation can be. Silky smooth idle now and the HPFP noise appears to be down too. Love driving it again.

cpelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang ecoboost
I write from Spain, I changed the sensor today and the first thing I noticed is that with the old sensor the cold start the rpm are very oscillating and the exhaust backfires, and when the rpm stabilizes are more stable, the video shows , a greeting

28b8uon.jpg

2vao7z7.jpg

1zvedko.jpg

Bigstang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EB
My car feels way better (stronger) since I have changed to the newer sensor. I bought my ecoboost used and thought what I was feeling was normal. So happy that I replaced the sensor... now I think FP tune and cai is next.

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I swapped my sensor, and I did get an improvement.

Power delivery is smoother. Added about a +4 mpg increase. Still have a little stumble in the idle that I was hoping would go away, but Im still stoked!

With wife driving yesterday, she got 35.7 mpg over a 120 mile stretch. cool!

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Beware: There are two Ford parts with the same part number (9F972)! I called the dealer parts department, and came in to pick up my order. It was the wrong part (which I could tell from the pictures in this forum). The HPFS (on the high pressure fuel rail) has the same part number. It is completely different from the LPFS. Fortunately, my dealer had the LP part in stock already (revision CA).

The dealer parts guy told me that Ford assigns part numbers based on function. Two fuel pressure sensors=Two parts with the same part number. :(

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Okay, so I busted the pigtail when I replaced it yesterday evening. It holds onto the sensor well enough for now, but I'm worried about the long term. Anyone know the correct part number to order for a replacement pigtail?
Sponsored