burble sound of s550 GT

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Solo Performance Thunder exhaust (the middle-loudness one) pops/burbles a lot.
I have the Solo Performance Mach XV setup. No popping, but some burble at lower idol speeds. Specifically downshifting or crawling along in first.

I don't mind it at all b/c there's no drone at higher speeds and at high throttle it sounds like it's supposed to. It really woke this up. It also does a good job getting rid of the rasp.

[ame]

At about 3:45 when the car pulls in and slows down - that's the "burble".
Sponsored

Last edited:

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I too have the Solo Performance Mach XV exhaust and can confirm that on downshifts and letting off the gas in (mostly) first gear, sometimes in second/third there is some nice burble. Its most noticeable after a cold start. I love leaving my office and making my way down the parking garage coasting down the ramps...

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
Can confirm this as well. I have the Solo performance catback Mach Thunder. I also have the PP2 which really amplifies the burble effect on downshifts or letting off the gas from a higher RPM.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have Solo performance street race catback and my downshifts sound like a gunshot at times
If people are walking on the sidewalk and I downshift they always get terrified haha

My car 'pops' like how GTR's do. Really loud as well..

But in terms of your question, it's mostly based off the tune and the fuel. Most tuners won't do it for you though.. I know Lund doesn't for sure.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
another vote for mbrp street catback. i have that paired with the PP2 tune from Ford, pops and gurgles plenty

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I think just about any catback is going to pop/burble with a manual transmission and any type of deceleration. My Corsa Sport pops and burbles when I want it to...with a slow 1-2 or 2-3 shift at 3000 RPM or coasting down to a decel in 2nd gear.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I actually got additional "burble," popping, and backfiring when I installed the 18 GT manifold and uploaded the Lund Flex Fuel tune onto my car. The "burble" was not as prevalent prior to those modifications. The exhaust setup did not change between mods (SW Headers + Borla Sport catback).

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
If any of you are still interested in making your 2018+ S550's pop/burble, I have your solution..

I have a 2018 Mustang GT with a Corsa Sport Catback and I got it burble tuned by Palm Beach Dyno with an nGauge.

I have a few sound clips on my Instagram page, feel free to check it out, I've had it revised a few times and it sounds like an actual AK47 going off everytime I down shift.

Let me know what yall think!

Instagram: @alpha_s550
Sponsored