Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
... One step further, Ford dropped the ball in even doing a silly Bullitt movie tribute car altogether rather than sticking with their real heritage (Mach1). Very disappointing.
And the reason you're here rather than in the Mach1 section is????

Zeke, you're expressing a very narrow point of view. The Mach1 is not a big part of Ford's Mustang heritage and certainly not as iconic as the Boss 302, Boss 429, 1968 1/2 428, the 1st Gen 289 Hi-Po, or any of the Shelby Mustangs. While I liked the Mach1 quite a bit, several friends had them when they were new, including a fellow I worked with who had a 1969 428 SCJ 4-spd, they were always basically a straight-line car. Not a true handler like the Boss 302, or the early Shelby GT350.

I've driven plenty of the great "Muscle cars", from 442's, lots of Mustangs, SD-455 Trans Am Firebirds (252 made in 1973, 3,654 for 71, 72, 73), a 1969 440 Dodge Daytona Charger (437 made total), Buick GNX (547 made), 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack, 390 AMX, 68 SS 427 Camaro, etc. I've also owned several big-engined cars as well, such as a Cougar XR7 with a 460 shoehorned into it, as well as 7 modded small-engined 2.3L Turbo Fords that shut-down almost every V-8 they came across on the street.

Enjoyed them all but for me, I always preferred the mid-sized naturally aspirated engines for a performance car, so I've ordered the 2019 Bullitt and am very happy with my decision. That's why I'm frequenting the 2019-2020 Bullitt section and not the Mach1 section. But can't figure out what your interest is spending time on something you say is silly and disappointing???
Sponsored

fifthcircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PW
I don't know ANYONE in their 30's to 40's that cares for the Bullitt movie or the Steve McQueen name/brand. I'm in my mid/late 30's, and although a Mustang guy, also don't care for a Bullitt/McQueen car.

I also think Ford dropped a ball not offering an A10. One step further, Ford dropped the ball in even doing a silly Bullitt movie tribute car altogether rather than sticking with their real heritage (Mach1). Very disappointing.

I joined this forum just so I could comment on this. As someone that JUST turned 40, I'm a Steve McQueen fan, and love Bullitt. McQueen was a real man's man, not a fake wrestler or green screen movie star. He raced cars and motorcycles with the best of them, because he loved it. What Ford has done to keep the memory alive is nice, not overdone or forced, and true to the heritage of the Mustang. I'm going to talk to a dealer this week, and see what the deal is on ordering one.

To each their own.

If the Bullitt doesn't work out, I might just wait a bit and see what happens. Used GT350's are popping up a lot, and you know, why not. :D

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I don't know ANYONE in their 30's to 40's that cares for the Bullitt movie or the Steve McQueen name/brand. I'm in my mid/late 30's, and although a Mustang guy, also don't care for a Bullitt/McQueen car.

I also think Ford dropped a ball not offering an A10. One step further, Ford dropped the ball in even doing a silly Bullitt movie tribute car altogether rather than sticking with their real heritage (Mach1). Very disappointing.

So then, why offer those same 30 & 40 year olds, bullitt automatics..?

Logic dictates, if they don't care, no loss because every single bullitt will be sold regardless. You point is moot, specially when there are Mustang GTs w/A10 for sale.

Lastly, Mach1 is iconic how..? (to the same group of people you mentioned....)

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

I’ll be 28 next month and this 2019 Bullitt is my dream car come true. Steve McQueen is one of my favorite actors and Bullitt is one of my favorite movies. I have 0 interest in a 700+ hp GT500, Mach 1, whatever. The Bullitt is the perfect Mustang to me and I plan to keep it forever.

Lots of people shared your same opinion and thought I was crazy for even thinking Ford might do another Bullitt. I heard all the excuses, nobody cares about McQueen or a 50 year old movie, the look is too plain, the last one didn’t sell enough, etc etc. And here we are, Ford has made it despite the doubters and according to the 2019 order poll, nearly 25% of all 2019 Mustangs ordered are Bullitts. I’m glad Ford didn’t listen to the naysayers.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Also, I can now confirm that VINs will NOT match up with the chassis number on the dash plaque. VINs are built out of order at the factory, but the chassis number on the dash is the true order of when they actually rolled off the line. For example, my chassis number on my dash plaque is #95, but my VIN is much lower than that. Also COTUS is now showing me an estimated delivery of 7/3. Sounds really early but hope it’s accurate.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Also, I can now confirm that VINs will NOT match up with the chassis number on the dash plaque. VINs are built out of order at the factory, but the chassis number on the dash is the true order of when they actually rolled off the line. For example, my chassis number on my dash plaque is #95, but my VIN is much lower than that. Also COTUS is now showing me an estimated delivery of 7/3. Sounds really early but hope it’s accurate.
That's interesting Matt. Do you know how the VIN is allocated? Based on orders received or something less logical?

Also, how did you find out your chassis No?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
That's interesting Matt. Do you know how the VIN is allocated? Based on orders received or something less logical?

Also, how did you find out your chassis No?
From what I’ve seen it’s hard to figure out how VINs are allocated. Some early orders and even some very large dealerships don’t seem to all be getting cars built first or low VINs. So I’m sure there might be something dictating what gets built first, but it’s a mystery to me.

I got my chassis number from a friend :):ninja:

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
From what I’ve seen it’s hard to figure out how VINs are allocated. Some early orders and even some very large dealerships don’t seem to all be getting cars built first or low VINs. So I’m sure there might be something dictating what gets built first, but it’s a mystery to me.

I got my chassis number from a friend :):ninja:
I will just have to be patient and see what I got when I get mine. EDD is 07/27.

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Matt, is yours being shipped by truck or rail? Mine is rail. I have a feeling that's the big difference in our estimated delivery dates.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt, is yours being shipped by truck or rail? Mine is rail. I have a feeling that's the big difference in our estimated delivery dates.
Mine is by truck. I specifically ordered from a dealer in Ohio for this reason, in hopes of getting it sooner by avoiding rail.

Sponsored

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt

I wasn't aware that there were any gearhead types who didn't care for Steve McQueen or Bullitt. He was a car guy who made a couple great car movies- Bullitt and Le Mans.

I'm in my 40s. I buy a new car (from Ford) every few years, and I approve of what Ford has done here.

They are going to make a Mach 1. It's a year or two away.

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
Interesting. This lines up with what I heard from the Ford rep at last year's MCA Grand National- the special edition cars are numbered in the order they come down the assembly line, not in the order scheduled or anything else.

I had hoped Ford would find a way to coordinate it, it seems bizarre to me to have a special Bullitt VIN sequence that is a sequential count, then not match it up with the chassis number somehow. If they don't match, I don't see the point of the unique VIN sequence, but whatever.

Based on this info, sounds like my 521 VIN will be a much higher number chassis. Eh well.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. This lines up with what I heard from the Ford rep at last year's MCA Grand National- the special edition cars are numbered in the order they come down the assembly line, not in the order scheduled or anything else.

I had hoped Ford would find a way to coordinate it, it seems bizarre to me to have a special Bullitt VIN sequence that is a sequential count, then not match it up with the chassis number somehow. If they don't match, I don't see the point of the unique VIN sequence, but whatever.

Based on this info, sounds like my 521 VIN will be a much higher number chassis. Eh well.
Agree it does seem kind of odd to not have the chassis number the same as the unique VIN number. Based on Matt's Chassis number of No. 95, mine should be close to his and not to far from my VIN number. Oh well....

fifthcircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PW
Talked to my dealer today. They have a customer that ordered the one they were allocated. He thinks he's located one for me though. I guess we'll see.

So, is the person from Lincoln, NE on here? :)

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

I'm 35 and I'm as big of a Bullitt fan as anyone. Matt Maran the you-tube guy also is younger than me and is a major Bullitt fan.

There, now you know 2 folks who are younger than 40 and love the Bullitt brand.

People forget that more than the Bullitt pedigree, this vehicle is just so different than a regular GT: It's got more power, all the features, and most importantly it will SOUND amazing.

I'd pay extra just for the sound alone, and that's why I chose a Mustang in the first place rather than a Camaro.
Sponsored