Thekid

Owning Mustangs for 50yrs
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Convertible
I saw a factory Shaker subwoofer for a 2015-17 and wanted to upgrade mine poor audio on a budget. I looked in the trunk and found these connectors. Are one of these the subwooker connector?
7DDC0BDE-A6D5-4C4D-B1BF-95F7D948FEBB.jpeg
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Short answer; No
Long answer: Ford chose not to run the cabling for the subwoofer in non-ShakerPro vehicles, so if your car didn't come with a sub from the factory you either have to run the cable for the factory sub or tie into the rear speakers for an aftermarket sub.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
I believe you are in correct as my 18 has a connector below this and it’s all the wires for the sub I’m wanting to add this ASAP as all the parts is 520 bucks new with the 12 speaker dsp module, maybe they ran the wires on the 18 premium only

Thoughts? But I verified it per the ford wiring diagram

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I believe you are in correct as my 18 has a connector below this and it’s all the wires for the sub I’m wanting to add this ASAP as all the parts is 520 bucks new with the 12 speaker dsp module, maybe they ran the wires on the 18 premium only

Thoughts? But I verified it per the ford wiring diagram
Have you definitely confirmed the connector you are seeing in your 2018 IS definitively the harness for the factory sub?? Looked at wiring diagram pinouts?

I have not peeled back my trunk liner yet, but also because that connector was never included in any 2015-2017, so I figured what’s the point in the 2018?

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I’ve confirmed it and the wire colors if I could figure out how to load pictures haha but there is a plug from ford that connects to it that has the amp plug on it again this is 18 only as the diagram is different than the 15-17 as soon as I have connecter I’m my hand I’m gonna get the other parts in route

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I’ve confirmed it and the wire colors if I could figure out how to load pictures haha but there is a plug from ford that connects to it that has the amp plug on it again this is 18 only as the diagram is different than the 15-17 as soon as I have connecter I’m my hand I’m gonna get the other parts in route
Can you post up the link, pdf or source of the 2018 audio wiring diagrams for others to review?

That would be cool if the sub harness does exist in the 2018’s (have to check my Premium for same).

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Can you post up the link, pdf or source of the 2018 audio wiring diagrams for others to review?

That would be cool if the sub harness does exist in the 2018’s (have to check my Premium for same).
Yeah Im gonna check this after I get off work on my 2018 GT Premium. I'll just get the shaker sub if thats the case

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a 40 pin connecter text me I’ll send pic 9106039440

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Keep us updated if this actually works. A how to would be awesome!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to throw a wet blanket, but this has been tried many times and it does not work.
The shaker with sub has different wiring, and the signals do not reach the trunk.

Search subwoofer on the site, there are 3 years of failed attempts.

Sponsored

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I’m telling u I work on cars everyday and have access to the ford info the 18s wired differently mine has the wires in the trunk I’ve verified all the colors, the 15-17 are not the same

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I checked at the stock dsp module and the wires are there as well, if I’m correct it’s premium cars only from 18 as the 15-17 to get the shaker u had to get the 401a some I’m betting I all 18 premiums are pre wired

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Robert,

Just upload the pics directly to the forum here and make sure they are 1900x1900 pixels (or smaller).

This should help ya, I’ve posted it before in other threads to help others with same photo upload concerns you had:

If making initial post, scroll below the text entry box, look for button labeled “Manage Attachments” click it and add photos from your device just as you would from a PC onto any other site.

After clicking Manage Attachments, then on next window, click “Choose File” button, then once file is chosen, click “Upload” then after it uploads successfully, click “Close Window” which will bring you back to your post; once you save your post, the thread will contain the photos.

Now, if you have already made a post (like you did here) and need to add pics, click “Edit”, then under the same text entry box, click the “Go Advanced” button, then click the “Manage Attachments” button and follow same instructions as above.

If your photo is larger than the forums 1900x1900 pixel sizing, then just use your mobile device’s photo edit to crop/make smaller OR a photo edit app.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I checked at the stock dsp module and the wires are there as well, if I’m correct it’s premium cars only from 18 as the 15-17 to get the shaker u had to get the 401a some I’m betting I all 18 premiums are pre wired
So the PREMIUM 2018s w/9spkr system have the wires at the DSP as well, which are passed on to the rear area where a factory sub would be in a 12spkr 2018?

This would be great... I’ll have to check mine tomorrow, as I have the Premium SYNC system.

Can you post here what the 2018 trunk wire harness connector colors are as to what each wire is (if you can’t post pics or pdf)?

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dunno how to post pictures what’s your email I’ll send u everthing I’ve found so far I’m hoping the wire that goes from 40 pin to 9 pin connecter comes in tomorrow, if it’s a go I’m ordering the rest of the stuff I know it may not be the best sounding in the world but for 375 bucks versus the 1000 dollar shaker option I want complain
Sponsored