Sponsored

BMR's SP089 Front / SP082 Rear "Minimal Drop" Springs: Now sold as a kit (SP763)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
The SP763 rates are the best match for a DD with the PP shocks and struts. The ride is just as good as stock but with improved handling from the lower cg, reduced brake dive and acceleration squat via the slight rake. Tons of extremely happy members on here with this combination. It's very impressive.
My springs are still in the box. Between birthdays, beach vacations, and graduations I have not had time to install them. Now it's at the top of my list.
Sponsored

ShadowS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
Sorry if this is a stupid question as I have minimal knowledge of car suspension systems but need to know before I purchase.

Why would the bump stop need to be cut the same exact amount for the minimal drop and the "regular" drop front springs (SP089 and SP081) if they lower the car a different amount?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this is a stupid question as I have minimal knowledge of car suspension systems but need to know before I purchase.

Why would the bump stop need to be cut the same exact amount for the minimal drop and the "regular" drop front springs (SP089 and SP081) if they lower the car a different amount?
The front is much less sensitive to this than the rear, and also has quite a lot more travel before hitting the stops compared with the rear. It's a good idea to preserve as much as possible.

ShadowS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
I also just got quoted $550 by a shop to do a front only springs install... seems a bit steep to me... does that sound right?

Seems like an easy install but I'm hesitant to use a spring compressor.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I also just got quoted $550 by a shop to do a front only springs install... seems a bit steep to me... does that sound right?

Seems like an easy install but I'm hesitant to use a spring compressor.
That's way too high. That'd be a bit high for all four.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

saltydogg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium convertible - 401A, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking great! Now it's time for some spacers to finish the look.
What’s the recommended spacer to keep from throwing grit and rocks all over the side of the car? I put about 100 miles a day on it driving mostly highways, 55-80 mph. I don’t want to sandblast my paint! I was thinking 1/2” but I’m really not sure.

Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Milky
I'd highly recommend doing that while you're doing it. Better overall control and better overall ride because it's not floating around (albeit just a tiny bit harsher on big bumps). The billet shock mounts add some more suppleness and reduce bounce if you're willing to go that route (not sure on your budget, but recommend them at some point).

My usual recommended go-to package for most folks is:
BMR SP763 springs
BMR CB005 Cradle lockout kit
Steeda billet shock mounts
GT PP shocks and struts (if you don't already have them)

Rides great, handles great, doesn't break the bank.
Belated thank you for the spot-on recommendation, @BmacIL! I can confirm that this is an excellent combo!
2018-06-21 Milky 01.JPG

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
BMR 089/082

Way easier to post pics,,,, also installed BMR CB005, CB006, TCA048 vertical links....steeda Billet shock mounts
and steeda sub frame alignment kit for the CB005. Car handles and rides great,,,a little stiffer then the PP springs but not much.. Had the bushings clocked and alignment done at a Porsche Racing repair garage near me,
left.jpg
20180710_103948_resized.jpg
View attachment 209070
20180710_104152_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Wow! EXCELLENT!

Thanks for the support everyone, love seeing these beautiful rides!

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
My minimal drop springs have a good amount of rake on them. Anyone feeling these a little bouncy? I’m running FP track shocks and had my bushings clocked and bump stops trimmed too but still feels bouncy. Thought they would be close to stock feel since spring rates weren’t that much higher than stock.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My minimal drop springs have a good amount of rake on them. Anyone feeling these a little bouncy? I’m running FP track shocks and had my bushings clocked and bump stops trimmed too but still feels bouncy. Thought they would be close to stock feel since spring rates weren’t that much higher than stock.
Tire pressures? Do you get oscillation over certain roads or does it just move around more than stock in response to bumps? I'd consider trying the Steeda billet shock mounts. They did improve this aspect.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.