Sponsored

Can I run a Centri without BAP?

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is it safe to run 93 on 1000cc injectors without running a BAP? I really dont want to spend money on a new fuel system and tbh I dont like the idea of a voltage booster to the stock pump.

About what power level will I start to run out of fuel on 93?

Thanks
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Who are you going to have tune the car?

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
You probably want to talk with them, it's easy to create an account and open a support ticket.

To me it seemed like anything over 650, they want one. When I asked about the DW400, they basically said they would treat it like the stock pump as it's not really that much more flow and would still require a BAP. The DW400 has a 1000hp pump gas rating. That doesn't matter as it all comes down to what your tuner wants you to do. You could try negotiating over it, or just do what they want and know your setup is reliable and safe.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lund are tuning my Whipple using the DW400 pump.
They were very hesitant until they had the data.
Worth asking for your application.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
To be honest I don't want to change the stock pump either. I just want to run 1000cc injectors and call it good.

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just read Bells explanation on why BAP are important to use instead of the stock pump with big injectors. Looks like I'll get a BAP

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
If you install it yourself, which you should cause it is soo easy. Make sure you give it a very good ground. Sand paper and a drilled and tapped hole for a bolt to hold it down to the frame/body. I've personally done it and have seen too many not give their boostapump a good ground and 1: not get the benefit 2. probably kill their pump from the varying voltage caused by the bad ground.

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you install it yourself, which you should cause it is soo easy. Make sure you give it a very good ground. Sand paper and a drilled and tapped hole for a bolt to hold it down to the frame/body. I've personally done it and have seen too many not give their boostapump a good ground and 1: not get the benefit 2. probably kill their pump from the varying voltage caused by the bad ground.
I'm an electrician by trade. It will have the best ground. Lol

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can run on the 1000 cc, but you will be limited on rpms , power without a bap.

bap is basically like a stereo amp for your pumps. most pumps are rated at different levels of flow based on voltage, thats why bap's are so popular,

i personally would do the bap and call it a day.

we also have our budget full systems for 1295. which gives you 2 high flow pumps and a complete system.

they really aren't very involved and worth every penny on FI

i see people all the time, spend 40k on a car, 8k in power adder, 5-10k in other mods and want to go as inexpensive as possible on fuel system.

a car runs on 2 things, fuel and air.....

the main 2 things to focus your budget on imo

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
lund will tune a stock 7.5psi 3.8" Paxton pulley with no BAP thats about 580-600whp... It will get boring quick just get the VMP BAP have had mine almost a year no issues.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Just get a good BAP and wire it properly and you should have plenty of smiles per mile.

I'm not sure it was a freak occurrence, but I had a VMP bap fry my OEM pump back in 2016. I ended up going to a GT350 setup, then a triple hat. If I had to do it over again I would get one of the better variable BAP's or just dive into a fuel system up front.

Set your end goal and send it my man!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
If you're worried about running a BAP I would advise you to get a progressive one.

I'm using a JMS plug and play, only boosts voltage when over 50% throttle, so it's not driving the pump hard all the time, only when needed. I also run a fuel pressure gauge with a warning buzzer. So if the BAP fries the pump and pressure drops below 40psi I can let off the throttle without worrying about leaning out.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] Why is the air so much more expensive than the fuel?

:D

you can run on the 1000 cc, but you will be limited on rpms , power without a bap.

bap is basically like a stereo amp for your pumps. most pumps are rated at different levels of flow based on voltage, thats why bap's are so popular,

i personally would do the bap and call it a day.

we also have our budget full systems for 1295. which gives you 2 high flow pumps and a complete system.

they really aren't very involved and worth every penny on FI

i see people all the time, spend 40k on a car, 8k in power adder, 5-10k in other mods and want to go as inexpensive as possible on fuel system.

a car runs on 2 things, fuel and air.....

the main 2 things to focus your budget on imo

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] Why is the air so much more expensive than the fuel?

:D
I dunno, there’s a point where it’s a wash.

I have about as much in my fuel system as I do my blower and I still need to move from DW95’s to DW200’s :lol:.
Sponsored