Sponsored

BMR BK049. NVH increase, personal experience

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Hey folks,

As per title. Those of you who have installed the BMR BK049 diff carrier bushings upgrade, how much increase in NVH have you experienced?

Mine were installed last week, and they are butter smooth (so no increase in vibration or harshness), but there is a LOT of extra noise... particularly at higher cruising speeds.

Just wondering if this is the new normal (because race car), or whether perhaps my shop has f*cked something up.

Interested to hear your POVs.

Thanks
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have them in my car yet, but I have heard others and it's normal. They increase driveline transmitted noise into the car.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did just the lockout kit (BK054) and it did increase some of the noise - probably not as bad as the bushing kit but still...it's definitely there.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I did just the lockout kit (BK054) and it did increase some of the noise - probably not as bad as the bushing kit but still...it's definitely there.
Sorry, this is what I've heard, not the 049. I'm sure the 049 makes a lot more noise. The BK054 retains the stock rubber isolators and just fills the voids, so more of the noise dampening is retained via the material.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
My rear end is noisy as hell after installing them.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I just have bk045 and it is a lot louder than I'd like. You can really hear it driving slow in 1st gear like in my driveway. Any time there's slack in the driveline you can hear it. My car is manual pp so my torsen rear is louder to start with. Normal driving it's actually not to bad. I would definitely not do the bk049, I've on ridden in one and it sounded horrible! That car also had a one pc driveshaft witch will add nvh. I will say my car doesn't have any wheel hop now and hooks up awesome!

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
OK. Thanks folks. Seems like the increased noise is normal.

I think I'll probably live to regret installing them, but not much I can do about it now!!

I think the 'minor' increase in noise advertised is a little misleading. Lol.
Sponsored