Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Livernois all the way. They are awesome both in their their tunes and their customer support. Also tune updates for FREE!

Here's my dyno from last month @steeda.ca. I Was running the 91 octane tune since thats what I had in my tank from fall storage.

Their dyno is a Mustang Dyno 1750SE (Single Eddy Current) if anyone was curious.

Livernois severe windstorm intake / 91 octane tune + borla S exhaust are the only engine mods. Car made 398/359. Driviablilty is better than stock with more power everywhere.
20180504_110944-1361x1814.jpg
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
No need for a x vs x , do research and go with what you feel you are looking for in a tuner.
You will not be breaking any records with the bolt ons you plan on running.

Track prep , DA , all affect 1/4 passes.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I believe the one downside of Livernois is the tuning device they use...unless they have switched since last time I looked.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Lund just tuned my Full bolt on 2015 car with 2018 mani. Car made 454 whp. Couldn't be happier with the tune or customer service. Sent Lund my datalogs and it was so dialed in from the first tune there was no need for a revision.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Lund does a great job from stock to 7 second cars. there really isn't anyone with their track record out there. livernois is a great company and great people, we are one of their dealers outside of tunes.

lund is a tuning company though, that is all they do, and the amount of tuning they do allows them to get more experience than anyone on the vehicles and combos.

device wise, their isn't a comparison, the ngauge is by far the easiest device to use, 10 times over an sct device, 20x over the livernois box.

you can copy / paste a tune in about 10 seconds and be loading on a car and be done 10 minutes later from the time you opened the box, no going back and forth on the pc, etc.

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/lund-racing-custom-tuning.html

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...me too. My experience with Lund/Dakota/nGuage has been outstanding. Wouldn’t go with anyone else.
Same here. Loading files to the Ngauge, loading tunes to the car, and then daa logging the tune and sending it back to Lund are all very easy.

Dakota is simply awesome to deal with and best of all my car runs great.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I believe the one downside of Livernois is the tuning device they use...unless they have switched since last time I looked.
The devise looks dated, but all you do with it is flash your tune and put it away somewhere..

If you want to datalog there are plenty of options, some better/easier/faster sampling than an SCT or nGaguge. BUT if the tune is done well, you wont need to data log..

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The devise looks dated, but all you do with it is flash your tune and put it away somewhere..

If you want to datalog there are plenty of options, some better/easier/faster sampling than an SCT or nGaguge. BUT if the tune is done well, you wont need to data log..
Exactly. I keep mine in my glovebox but I use the Torque Pro app for datalogging. It's great.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Exactly. I keep mine in my glovebox but I use the Torque Pro app for datalogging. It's great.
Do the other devices (nGauge, SCT, etc) allow you to see real time info as driving? Is that not useful? Do these other devices allow you to do other actions while plugged in that might be useful while driving?

Baylorguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 401A, 10 speed auto
The most important thing on dynos is baseline vs. a run once modifications are done. Comparing Dyno a to dyno b on different days, conditions, cars, etc. is a waste of time.

Sponsored

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Lund tuned my 15 and now 18. Flex Fuel, e85, ect. All runs awesome and never any issues. heck my manual 18 with the MAK delete pipe, FlexFuel tune and a K&n drop-in filter made 475rwhp. Not even a dyno tune. Just a mail order from Jr and dynoed it. This is also why we offer Lund tunes through UPR. Everything here he has tuned from 2011 built boosted GTs, Shelbys, Our ecoboost which holds the world record, and other s550's we have in house and employee cars.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do the other devices (nGauge, SCT, etc) allow you to see real time info as driving? Is that not useful? Do these other devices allow you to do other actions while plugged in that might be useful while driving?
Sure, and I'm not knocking them at all. I just think it's not all that valid to dismiss a competent and responsive tuner because of their device, which is what many would have you think here.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Yes they do allow you to see real time info as driving.

Sure its useful. Necessary? Probably not. By the time you see the issue its usually too late.

What other actions are you wanting to do while driving? Re-coding ABS modules?

If the tune is well written, and the car is not a full blown track car the constant monitoring isnt necessary. :cheers:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
By the time you see the issue its usually too late.
True words right there. Plus it's not like you're looking at the gauge while you're driving at WOT.

The best I would try to do in the past is set a warning on knock retard but these days the computer retards timing and takes care of it for you so you don't blow the engine.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
True words right there. Plus it's not like you're looking at the gauge while you're driving at WOT.

The best I would try to do in the past is set a warning on knock retard but these days the computer retards timing and takes care of it for you so you don't blow the engine.
I don't agree completely with that logic. On mine I have 6 PID's shown. Alch %, ECT, Diff Temp, Knock and LTFT. I use them as additional gauges to what you have in the IPC. You can see trends such as LTFT going one way vs the other (possible leak) Alch is useful to know what kind of blend you have, ECT can alert you if you have something going on cooling wise and good to compare between CHT and the Diff is very useful if you track or drive hard. Knock I get your point about being hard to really see during a pull, but I use it to compare tanks of gas during short WOT stabs.

As someone who tuned before, I like being able to see the data and putting together what the ECU is doing in certain situations. Thats just me though.
Sponsored