SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My car is wasted on me, but I love it so it's staying. For now.
Can't use it daily - spaces in our car park are at a premium and TINY. Parking on the road in an industrial estate next to a scrap merchant is a definite no-no.
Sponsored

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Not wanting to gloat but I only pay ÂŁ140 a year for a GT - don't have to wait for 5 years as when I bought her, she was just below ÂŁ40k :D

It's 5 years after your first year remember
And the c.ÂŁ2K first year VED

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
And the c.ÂŁ2K first year VED
Yes you pay that on any new Mustang you buy, even the MY17 pay that, so make no difference and it’s included in the price of the car

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
I should be paying 140 a year as car was under 40k but do to timing of delivery and a ford price increase I had to pay 450 this year and I`m currently trying to sort it out with DVLA
car built march with the Sept-April price but not delivered to dealer until end of may and reg 31stMay DVLA applied the price list from may 2nd with the price increase from Ford which took the car over 40 k
DVLA such T****s to deal with they want a letter from the Manufacture (not the dealer ) with evidence and a covering letter plus log book and will take up to 6 weeks to decide one way or another
Total A Holes
they apply the current price listed by ford not the price you pay whether its been discounted or not (BTY Discounts do not count with tax its the retail value listed by ford that they apply ) and I paid the full list price of time of order .
Crazy crazy people

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Yes you pay that on any new Mustang you buy, even the MY17 pay that, so make no difference and it’s included in the price of the car
Yes I know and I’m making the point that it’s a shed load of non value adding VED for the first 5 years - I know I wouldn’t want to pay it!

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I sold mine because of reliability. Had the oil cooler failure and never trusted the car after that. There was no way I would have been happy keeping it when the warranty ran out so jumped when I could still get decent money.

Plus there are so many other experiences I want to try. Now have a Harley and I’m in the market for another car but not sure what I will get yet. Still have a huge GTR itch that needs scratching and I do like the MY19 Gt. Think it’s enough of a different car to not be bored of it in a week. Maybe

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Question: How many people daily drive their Mustang GTs?

Mine was my only car, and it had nearly 18,000 miles on it after 18 months (probably slightly over). When the MY19 arrives it'll be the same deal. Round trip to work is 32 miles, plus extra faff totals around 225mi per week, or incidentally about one tank of petrol.
Daily for me. 39000 miles so far in two years :headbang:

No idea how much petrol (lots !) 6 tyres so far

Still loving it, will drive it 'til it breaks and I have to get something else.

better to burn out than fade away :cheers:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Question: How many people daily drive their Mustang GTs?

Mine was my only car, and it had nearly 18,000 miles on it after 18 months (probably slightly over). When the MY19 arrives it'll be the same deal. Round trip to work is 32 miles, plus extra faff totals around 225mi per week, or incidentally about one tank of petrol.
It's a daily for me but I only travel 22miles a day in it so not far.

It's done around 14k and it's 2nd hand it had 9k and less than 12months old when I bought it last year

It would be my daily currently but its been with Ford for the last 5 weeks for the intake manifold to be replaced... I mean really, how long does it take to order a part... :shrug:

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Mine was 2 in April, and i just under 19,000 miles. It shares daily driving duties with a Jeep Wrangler, which gets used if i have to park somewhere i am not happy to leave the Mustang, or in deepest winter. I am torn what to do when it runs out of warranty. I will probably keep it until something fails, and then get it fixed and flogged if i lose confidence in it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
daily for me though since i don't leave the house most days its only got 7.5k on it in about 18 months. it has cost me 4 pairs of rear tyres though so far and i'm about ready for a new set of front ones too now.

Sponsored

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Mine's a daily, but my commute is three miles each way and I've only had it a week, so I don't have much to contribute to the debate yet :headbonk:

I would be using my pushbike for work if I wasn't busy having my arse kicked by the worst hayfever I can remember having. By the time that goes I'll be using the weather as an excuse :ford:

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Your car is an absolute bargain...great colour great spec and owned by a real fussy enthusiast..:D

If I were a dealer I’d buy it for stock..:cheers:
Thanks Enoch! Sadly the market doesn't seem to agree - that or it's just quiet out there?!?

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Use mine as a weekend car. Just over 2.5 years old and sitting at 2900 miles.

Currently in for warranty work as 6th gear failed.

Have thought about selling due to such little use but I love it way too much

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
Daily for me. 39000 miles so far in two years :headbang:

No idea how much petrol (lots !) 6 tyres so far

Still loving it, will drive it 'til it breaks and I have to get something else.

better to burn out than fade away :cheers:

6 tyres!!!!....does it eat them?....mind you 40,000 miles aint to bad I suppose, its nice to see so many miles on a GT.....I think mine will be for 3yrs then back to ford for an upgrade.....

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
2022 modern hybrid refresh might convince me to upgrade if I like the spec and looks
Sponsored