First track day, first crash day

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So I got a little too happy with my car on the track. Decided I had the confidence to turn off traction control and go for it. Big mistake.

36QYk7p.jpg

LaQlJr7.jpg

JOODsEb.jpg

S69UR1F.jpg
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Do you have track day insurance ?? Or are you wealthy enough to eat the new car cost ?

Either way good to know you were able to walk away .

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
If you plan on a claim posting here was a mistake. Sorry that thing got totaled. Looks pretty bad.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Stating the obvious, that really sucks. I'm glad to see that you're at least well enough to post here, so I hope you're OK.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Jesus Christ that's a gnarly crash. Hope your alright. What did you hit? Please tell us u had track insurance. Stories like this are what make me want to just stick to autocross

Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yikes, looks like the car hit pretty solid. Glad you are ok. As previously stated, this is why I keep mine on the street and off the track. I can’t afford to replace it. My buddy was at Beech Bend Dragstrip in KY and was busting my balls for not running mine down the strip. His came home on a flatbed with a grenaded transmission and driveshaft in more pieces than it was supposed to be in.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
If you were delirious from the crash and posted nonsensical stuff here we don’t mind. Just edit out your posts and ask the mods to delete the thread. Get some rest and glad you are alright.

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Ouch! That makes me second guess ever taking mine to the track. I'm glad you made it out safely.

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP. 2014 Focus Sport SE.
My first track day back in 2007 was my first crash day also, just in a much cheaper car (1989 Mustang GT).

Buy a Miata and learn to drive in that. Don’t listen to the haters, there’s not a better car than a well balanced light cheap red roadster with no HP. Especially when you’re hassling cars with 5x the horsepower and if you ball it up you’re out a grand and not 20k.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
My first track day back in 2007 was my first crash day also, just in a much cheaper car (1989 Mustang GT).

Buy a Miata and learn to drive in that. Don’t listen to the haters, there’s not a better car than a well balanced light cheap red roadster with no HP. Especially when you’re hassling cars with 5x the horsepower and if you ball it up you’re out a grand and not 20k.

Ah yes, wait till they smack up the big heavy car and then have them replace it with something more appropriate. :D A similar thing happened to me but in licensed bicycle racing when I was in university. My first race. I got dropped by the pack and on my way back ran into this guy getting ready for the pro-am race (his fault). I ran into him and did this spectacular cartwheel strapped into my lovingly refurbished CCM Tour du Canada and the machine was totalled. Right at the finish line where the crowd and my dad were. Got a Colnago Super after that. These things are baptism rights of passage in racing and they are always expensive.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Man, that's awful. As others said, hope you are ok. No way that's going to buff out. How fast were you going? Looks like you hit the wall front and back, HARD! That's one thing that worries me about HPT. Concrete around a good part of the track. Mid America south of Omaha is nothing but grass fields if you leave the track. Much safer for us rookies. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck getting it all worked out.

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP. 2014 Focus Sport SE.
Ah yes, wait till they smack up the big heavy car and then have them replace it with something more appropriate. :D A similar thing happened to me but in licensed bicycle racing when I was in university. My first race. I got dropped by the pack and on my way back ran into this guy getting ready for the pro-am race (his fault). I ran into him and did this spectacular cartwheel strapped into my lovingly refurbished CCM Tour du Canada and the machine was totalled. Right at the finish line where the crowd and my dad were. Got a Colnago Super after that. These things are baptism rights of passage in racing and they are always expensive.
To be fair, I sold the mustang for the same price I sold the Miata for after I fixed it. But I had way more money into the Mustang haha.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Ouch. Very sorry that happened to you.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Man, that's awful. As others said, hope you are ok. No way that's going to buff out. How fast were you going? Looks like you hit the wall front and back, HARD! That's one thing that worries me about HPT. Concrete around a good part of the track. Mid America south of Omaha is nothing but grass fields if you leave the track. Much safer for us rookies. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck getting it all worked out.
A friend and guy I worked beside started his first race in the Honda Michelin Series. He gets too aggressive and rolls his car into the grass upside down. No concrete anywhere and the car looked untouched as saved by the “hands of God!” We all tried to turn it over but in doing so crumpled and buckled all the body work. I guess “we” didn’t have “the hands of God”. :doh:

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
So I got a little too happy with my car on the track. Decided I had the confidence to turn off traction control and go for it. Big mistake.

36QYk7p.jpg

LaQlJr7.jpg

JOODsEb.jpg

S69UR1F.jpg
VIR or Summit Point?

Glad you are ok.
Sponsored