Sponsored

Magneride

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I thought I wanted individual control of the Magneride before I got the car. Now I like the way it is tied into the modes, it's much safer that way as the suspension matches the throttle and gearbox. Very well thought out by Ford IMO.
Agree. The drive modes, MagneRide parameters, throttle response, steering effort, and degree of Advance Trac intervention (unless disabled) have all been "tuned" to work together. Very few of us will be able to "improve" on what the Ford team selected but there are products available to do so if you like from companies like http://www.dscsport.com/mustang/

As others have said, compared to previous experience with performance shocks like Konis, MagneRide in normal mode really does deliver very comfortable and controlled damping in all sorts of road conditions. We have driven 9K miles this year with much of it on Interstates and it is neat to watch the cars in front bounce over the many bumps at overpasses, etc. and barely feel them or sense any motion in our car in Normal mode. Conversely in Track mode in autocross the car is even quicker responding but doesn't seem to be too stiff over bumps. I had a very successful (12 SCCA Solo National Championships) co driver at a recent SCCA event who is used to some of the best shocks available say that the MagneRide units did a great job.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Agree. The drive modes, MagneRide parameters, throttle response, steering effort, and degree of Advance Trac intervention (unless disabled) have all been "tuned" to work together. Very few of us will be able to "improve" on what the Ford team selected but there are products available to do so if you like from companies like http://www.dscsport.com/mustang/

As others have said, compared to previous experience with performance shocks like Konis, MagneRide in normal mode really does deliver very comfortable and controlled damping in all sorts of road conditions. We have driven 9K miles this year with much of it on Interstates and it is neat to watch the cars in front bounce over the many bumps at overpasses, etc. and barely feel them or sense any motion in our car in Normal mode. Conversely in Track mode in autocross the car is even quicker responding but doesn't seem to be too stiff over bumps. I had a very successful (12 SCCA Solo National Championships) co driver at a recent SCCA event who is used to some of the best shocks available say that the MagneRide units did a great job.
I agree. It handles like a coil over car, but doesn't jar you fillings loose!

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Wait till you get one then preach.
I don't think you Aussies have even tried the 2018 yet. As an owner of a RHD GT the magneride is spot on, even with rubbish UK roads. I'd be into a tree if I could set the Magneride to soft and the mode to Track. The A10 gets so much power to the back wheels I want Ford to do their best to keep me alive. If you made the mistake of ordering a manual then why not save some more money and don't order the magneride? Then no worries.
That's a fair comment, having said that I can't think of any disadvantages of ford giving us the option of selecting the suspension mode independently, can anyone else ???

Look at it another way, just how many would voluntarily choose to cover rough back roads in the hardest suspension setting they have ?????????:headbonk:

cobrapatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1969 Triumph TR6, 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, looking at the GT350 supplement owners manual the mode control, steering and damper selection are all separate buttons on the steering wheel. And the Track Apps menu includes a System Status display with the damper setting indicated. So obviously "tuning" includes price point as the driver variable. Ok, Ford, I see what you did there.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I test drove 2 2018s with the PP1. One with magneride, one without. All other options were the same. The magneride is absolutely worth it in my opinion. I suggest you do the same if getting ready to buy...

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The A10 gets so much power to the back wheels I want Ford to do their best to keep me alive. If you made the mistake of ordering a manual then why not save some more money and don't order the magneride? Then no worries.
What's wrong with Ford simply giving people the basic tools to keep themselves alive, and let them decide how they're going to use them either individually or in conjunction with the rest?

At least let it be possible, even if it means having to use something like a Track Key to be able to access everything on an individual basis.

Norm

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
What does "My mode" allow you to do in terms of Magneride ? Can't find anything on the internet about "My mode" in combination with Magneride.......
Sponsored