Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

jarosss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2.3
You’re at the right address...what error/result are you getting?

Here’s the list I’ve used on my Expedition and can verify the settings:

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/forscan-tweaks-2015.32082/page-61

I have 00 value now and name is SYNC. After changing to 06 no errors appears etc. Change in forescan goes smoothly but bluetooth pairing name doesn't change. I tried to restore factory default of SYNC3 but it also doesn't help... still SYNC name.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hello
Did anyone manage to change Bluetooth Pairing Name from SYNC to Mustang? It's not working in my '16 with SYNC3 (found it at F150 forscan list)

7D0-04-01 xxxx xxxx **xx
06=Mustang
Interesting. When I had my Sync 3 swap in my GT, it showed up on my phone as "SYNC." On my GT350 which has factory Sync 3, it shows up as "Ford Mustang."

One thing I want to reiterate when dealing with the APIM: It stays on for a deceptively long time. Cycling the ignition on and off will NOT reset it, it will not immediately show your changes.

You really need to turn the ignition off, open and close the driver side door, and wait like two minutes.

Even then it may take multiple times of doing this to get an as-built change to take.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. When I had my Sync 3 swap in my GT, it showed up on my phone as "SYNC." On my GT350 which has factory Sync 3, it shows up as "Ford Mustang."

One thing I want to reiterate when dealing with the APIM: It stays on for a deceptively long time. Cycling the ignition on and off will NOT reset it, it will not immediately show your changes.

You really need to turn the ignition off, open and close the driver side door, and wait like two minutes.

Even then it may take multiple times of doing this to get an as-built change to take.
I didn't have any luck getting it to change names either. May give it another go and see what happens. Wife has an Escape so both say SYNC via bluetooth. I just want mine to be different for convenience.

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Any way to configure the side markers lights? I just got some diode LEDs and I'd like them to be on with my DRLs.

jarosss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2.3
Is it possible to activate Reverse Tilt Mirrors? I found some codes in F150 spreadsheet

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Is it possible to activate Reverse Tilt Mirrors? I found some codes in F150 spreadsheet
Not sure on US spec but the export spec does have the DDM or PDM modules so no... I know because I wanted auto folding mirrors and the tilt mirrors...

jarosss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2.3
Not sure on US spec but the export spec does have the DDM or PDM modules so no... I know because I wanted auto folding mirrors and the tilt mirrors...
In my USA model I have DDM and PDM modules

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
This may have been covered before so I do apologize in advance. Has anyone be able to make sports mode as the default when your car is started instead of normal mode. I enjoy driving in sports mode and find having to select the mode with the toggle every time the car is started can be taxing on my fun factor.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
This may have been covered before so I do apologize in advance. Has anyone be able to make sports mode as the default when your car is started instead of normal mode. I enjoy driving in sports mode and find having to select the mode with the toggle every time the car is started can be taxing on my fun factor.
This was asked by many, including myself. There was one person here looking into it, but then the hurricane 2 years ago in his state thwarted its search. I too would be interested in this, but I dont think its directly in memory and cant be done.

I did read that "supposedly" the 2018+ was going to have this feature, but I cannot confirm this to be true as I do not have one.

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Any way to disable the compass in the IPC? I did a base to sync 3 swap and half the time the compass jumps from opposite poles.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Any way to disable the compass in the IPC? I did a base to sync 3 swap and half the time the compass jumps from opposite poles.
I think you can turn it off via the settings > driver assit or something menu?

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I looked everywhere in the IPC and didn't see that
Mine did that when I swapped Sync 3 into my base car. I drove around in a circle about 3 times and it recalibrated to figure out where North was and stayed functional after that.

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Mine did that when I swapped Sync 3 into my base car. I drove around in a circle about 3 times and it recalibrated to figure out where North was and stayed functional after that.
Sometimes it's accurate. Other times it will jump poles. Not sure how to permanently calibrate it

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I drove around in a circle about 3 times and it recalibrated to figure out where North was and stayed functional after that.
That actually makes sense.

Printing your post to show cops who think my donuts are just dangerous stunts.
Sponsored