Sponsored

Ford is worthless

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, the trans in my car fails at 10,000 miles. Has a PP2 kit on it. First dealer says, we are not fixing it because it has an aftermarket tune. Ray from Ford Performance calls and says, yes that is Ford tune, you can fix it under warranty. Dealer says no, come get your car. Call Ford, they do NOTHING except give me a complaint number. Take it to another dealer, no problem, our Mustang tech has that kit on his car, we will fix it, no problem. Been 3 weeks and he can't get the parts from Ford. I call Ford, get another complaint number, this women who has no clue what is involved in a transmission repair, calls and tell me that it looks like the part will be available June 12th. A month to fix my car. I am 63, I don't drive the shit out of my cars.

Done with Ford GM and Chrysler. GM bought my first Vette back, because they forgot to attach the oil cooler line (they gave me a replacement car that I still have),the Ram truck is rusting and my Mustang has been in the shop more than I have driven it this year.

Then they wonder why people buy Honda, my Acura is boring, but I put almost 150,000 miles on it and it never spent a day in the shop.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2015.pdf
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Yikes recent spike of issues have me worried for my 6r80. Guys at my local dealer seemed pleasant but who knows what’ll go down once warranty is an issue.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
UPDATE: Thanks to tripp, the dealer will have the part in the morning. Thanks to him, I did a search and found the part locally.

Amazing to me that the consumer can find the part using Google, but Ford can't find it with all their massive high tech systems.

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
UPDATE: Thanks to tripp, the dealer will have the part in the morning. Thanks to him, I did a search and found the part locally.

Amazing to me that the consumer can find the part using Google, but Ford can't find it with all their massive high tech systems.
:thumbsup: Glad you got it worked out. Some of Ford's corporate level policies/procedures make it... difficult... to say the least.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

Massive high tech systems?

The important stuff gets farmed out to outside companies. I know this for a fact. Watch where Ford people go when they leave Ford! :ford: :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Massive high tech systems?

The important stuff gets farmed out to outside companies. I know this for a fact. Watch where Ford people go when they leave Ford! :ford: :D

I asked for an 8D, if you are a Ford supplier you should find that comical.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I find it mind boggling that the Ford parts system does not automatically check for unused inventory at other locations (dealers). :headbonk:

BTW, I drive a Mercedes daily. They all have their own issues, only the Mercedes will set you back 2-3 times what you'd pay for a domestic part. Case in point ... timing gear broke @ 246,000 miles .. no, you cannot buy a timing gear ... it must be a short block.... $15000 later, we have a new timing gear. :doh:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I laugh when people say "shit breaks and that is what a warranty is for". I hope they never have to deal with Ford on a serious issue and have to wait several weeks/months for a backordered part or go through the Lemon Law process.
Warranties aren't only for Ford, or cars.

And I am the one who said that^ and it is true, Ford backs their product with a warranty and his car is getting fixed. Obviously, it sucks that Ford can't alter time, or change physics.

Reality is, His tranny broke and his dealer isn't going out of their way for him, or providing him with enough answers, so he is pissed at Ford Motor Co. It is understandable & I feel for this fella. I am just trying to lightening his mood, to help him roll with the punches.

My point is, Ford stands behind their product and understands that not all cars are perfect, or without defects, etc. But be aware, that some dealers just don't like certain customer concerns (ie: not worth their time, or tying up their shop) and will act ignorant/annoying, hoping you get out of their hair and bother another local Dealer. Not all dealers are the same.

And yes, I had Ford buy back my 2016 Edge Sport with less than 2k miles on it, in which the Dealer had for 3 months. (I made three payments on a car that sat in my driveway 11 days.) It was out of the Dealer's hands and they bent over backwards to appease me. But in the end, I had to deal with Ford Motor Co & they did the right thing and bought my car back.

I now own a 2017 Edge Sport with free extended warranty & 2 years of free oil changes.

:ford:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yikes recent spike of issues have me worried for my 6r80. Guys at my local dealer seemed pleasant but who knows what’ll go down once warranty is an issue.
That is the problem with cars in general. Pretty much anything can break/fail/etc at any given time. Will it though? Most likely not in most cases.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
As others have stated...it's not just "Domestic cars" with dealer or or service issues.
Check out the Volkswagen threads...seems like most of their techs don't know how to work on their overly complicated German engineered vehicles...and charge very high shop rates.

My Mustang hasn't seen the shop...its been 100% reliable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Reality is, His tranny broke and his dealer isn't going out of their way for him, or providing him with enough answers, so he is pissed at Ford Motor Co. It is understandable & I feel for this fella. I am just trying to lightening his mood, to help him roll with the punches.

:ford:
Actually the dealer that has the car told me to call Ford, because he could not get the part from Ford and the way the Ford part system is, so I have been told, other dealers parts don't always show up because of a code in the system, so they could not find the part and was have one shipped on Friday from Oklahoma.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Per an email someone here received from Ford and shared on M6G, once a Ford power pack is installed, the powertrain warranty on the vehicle ends at 36k, whether the pack is installed with 1 mile or 35,999 on the odometer. Based on that information, the OP should be covered.

Nothing you do to the car can just void or reduce any warranty you would normally be entitled to, that includes the seven year extension on a CPO car and a Ford ESP if you buy one. If you read the the FP warranty it states "If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs." That means the part itself and any problems directly caused by it are covered up to 36k miles. Nothing else about your factory, or any other Ford warranty you may have, changes.

At the very top of the warranty it even says "This warranty works in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

There is also no need to register it if the car is past 36k miles as there would be no FP warranty anyway.

Ford Performance warranty

PS
Sorry if this is off topic. I just still see many post insinuating if you do this or that your warranty will all of a sudden disappear.

Sponsored