Sponsored

Traded my GT350 to dealer, wait is on for R

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I'm sorry man. Hopefully when it finally arrives, it'll all be forgotten.
Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Mine was three months after production as well. A lot of things come into play when building, shipping, selling cars and your feelings aren’t one of them. It’s a blessing for those of us that have the ability and opportunity to own these cars and plenty of people would wait longer to take your spot.
Be patient, stop blaming Ford or a dealer or a salesman etc, and enjoy the car when it gets here because you’ll forget about this once it does.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Mine was three months after production as well. A lot of things come into play when building, shipping, selling cars and your feelings aren’t one of them. It’s a blessing for those of us that have the ability and opportunity to own these cars and plenty of people would wait longer to take your spot.
Be patient, stop blaming Ford or a dealer or a salesman etc, and enjoy the car when it gets here because you’ll forget about this once it does.
Not my first rodeo, I’ve ordered probably 10 cars over the past 20 years and no matter what car it was from those 10 this would be ridiculous. I’d feel the same if it was a Ford Fiesta quite frankly.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Update: My car is expected at my dealer on June 17! So, almost 3 months after production, it may or may not finally arrive at my dealer. It's quite the joke at this point.

So my car has been sitting in the flat rock parking lot in the elements for 9 weeks after "in production" and will be delivered almost 3 months later than production? Stupid. This has really ruined my experience with Ford.
Help me understand a few things.

Why are you suggesting that your car may or may not arrive at your dealership at some point?

Have you attempted to confirm a firm delivery date of June 17th or just relying on COTUS which can be off by a long ways?

Sounds like you have ordered a lot of cars from Ford in the past so you should know better.

What dealership did you order your car through and what have they done to provide you with some detailed and accurate information with respect to your delivery time and the reason for the delay?

Have you asked them to intervene on your behalf and if so what was their response?

With all due respect in previous posts you mentioned that this was a blessing on one hand and now go on to berate Ford as to how they have ruined your total experience therefore seems like you have multiple mixed messages here.

From the time that my 2015 Track Pack GT350 was assembled and until I received my car it was some ~25 weeks later and waited patiently for my car to arrive and can honestly tell you that it ended up in a very positive experience.

You are certainly not the first and won't be the last with respect to this delay issue and suggest that you suck it up and make the best of this situation.

;)

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Not to take sides, but I think we can all agree that the whole process can be quite the rollercoater ride. To have a car built and sitting for weeks at the plant doesn’t help anybody. I’m hoping it gets moving soon!

Sponsored

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Not to take sides either, but I’m sure we can all feel the frustration that

96Cobra is feeling, sitting for 9 weeks after being produced,

What exactly is the reason .......... :confused:...... that’s what I would like to

know....... and would be demanding an answer, sorry but not acceptable

I made a change order on my GT350R on March 6 th 2018 which was

originally ordered dealer stock Feb 13 th 2018 and it was produced, shipped and

delivered to Canada, I might add on April 24th !!!

Cheer up 96Cobra ........ we are all waiting with ya...... :cheers:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I don’t blame you for being frustrated, but I do think it’ll be mitigated when it shows up and you get it home finally.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Why does it take so long? The only special order I’m familiar with is BMWs process. Not saying one is better than the other, but how can BMW build a car, put it on a boat across an ocean and get it to the dealer in about 8 weeks.........but Ford can’t get it out of their lot and to a domestic dealer for months? On the surface it sounds pretty crazy.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Why does it take so long? The only special order I’m familiar with is BMWs process. Not saying one is better than the other, but how can BMW build a car, put it on a boat across an ocean and get it to the dealer in about 8 weeks.........but Ford can’t get it out of their lot and to a domestic dealer for months? On the surface it sounds pretty crazy.
It is crazy when you think about it in those terms. My GT350 took 15 days from released to put on a rail car, so it seems more related to logistics. My buddy’s focus RS took 16 weeks from released from plant to delivery to dealer (made in Germany). The “standard” our sales department goes by is 6-8 weeks from order to arrival on normal vehicles

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
Update: My car is expected at my dealer on June 17! So, almost 3 months after production, it may or may not finally arrive at my dealer. It's quite the joke at this point.

So my car has been sitting in the flat rock parking lot in the elements for 9 weeks after "in production" and will be delivered almost 3 months later than production? Stupid. This has really ruined my experience with Ford.
Congrats, sir - I know how you feel; been in the same boat with you since March 14 (my blend date). You ordered yours a good while before mine, so the total wait has been quite a bit longer, but I will admit the last 10+ weeks have been quite the wait.

Just glad to see it is finally moving along.

Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Help me understand a few things.

Why are you suggesting that your car may or may not arrive at your dealership at some point?

Have you attempted to confirm a firm delivery date of June 17th or just relying on COTUS which can be off by a long ways?

Sounds like you have ordered a lot of cars from Ford in the past so you should know better.

What dealership did you order your car through and what have they done to provide you with some detailed and accurate information with respect to your delivery time and the reason for the delay?

Have you asked them to intervene on your behalf and if so what was their response?

With all due respect in previous posts you mentioned that this was a blessing on one hand and now go on to berate Ford as to how they have ruined your total experience therefore seems like you have multiple mixed messages here.

From the time that my 2015 Track Pack GT350 was assembled and until I received my car it was some ~25 weeks later and waited patiently for my car to arrive and can honestly tell you that it ended up in a very positive experience.

You are certainly not the first and won't be the last with respect to this delay issue and suggest that you suck it up and make the best of this situation.

;)
Geez, over analyze people much? I'd be willing to bet things have changed since the garage post?! Latest post shows a June 17th delivery date which I'm sure is much later than he was told... why else would anyone be frustrated?

I'm sorry about the delay, I know the anticipation on things like this are high, and when you are told about timelines and they come and go, it's frustrating beyond belief... and only the OP can really understand his side of the frustration. Believe me, I've been there.

3 months from production IS ridiculous, period.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The wait is really crappy. We all envision our cars sitting out in the elements for 2 months after they are NEW, and it's painful.

All I can say - and it was said to me during my 11 month wait... After you have the car for a short time, you will not remember the wait.

I've had mine almost 2 years now.. Crazy.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
That is bullshit all the way around and I don't blame you for being pissed.

I also don't understand why Ford doesn't let people pick up from the factory if they want to or somewhere close to it like other manufacturers do.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Well, I've been tracking my car through the rail system and much to my surprise, the car landed at my local rail yard last night! Got some intel from Stanglife on where his car was and what to look for (he lives locally) and headed out this morning to see if I could spot it through the fence... and after some very careful searching, I saw a shiny blue Mustang in the distance... confirmed by Binocs that it was indeed mine. On top of that, a lot supervisor who came over to inquire what I was doing also confirmed it was mine.. he took the vin I had and confirmed it. Great guy! :) This was a lucky IMO as there has to be over 1000 cars on this lot.

We are soooooo close! Going to be an exciting week next week! Can't believe it's finally here.. even if it is late.

Here's a pic I took, one of these things is not like the others:
Wolf Among Sheep. Cool Pic. Have had this damn car for 2 yrs now and the sound still makes the hair on my neck stand on a regular basis. 13,000 miles of pure sound bliss.

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
So trade in value is $50K, for example, and say you owe $49K, the taxable amount on a new $70K purchase is only $20K?
Exactly. What owe means nothing. You paid tax on the purchase whether you bought cash or finance.
Sponsored