Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
For anyone who has installed the gt350 sto n sho license plate bracket are you finding more scraping or the same as normal with it installed? As I am installing this today, it sure looks like the female holes for the license plate bracket are in a "scrape" zone...Not sure I have a choice in NJ to not install at least to show I have something on the front, but I'd hate to do more damage in the event I bottom out.

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had one on my GT350 for over a year. I lived on a steap german hill and scraped it every day. There is some loss of metal on those holes you are referrong to, but what caused me to order a second one was hitting a curb with it.

The metal prongs that slide into the holes are welded and dont like to be bent back amd forth.

OP
OP
Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Ive had one on my GT350 for over a year. I lived on a steap german hill and scraped it every day. There is some loss of metal on those holes you are referrong to, but what caused me to order a second one was hitting a curb with it.

The metal prongs that slide into the holes are welded and dont like to be bent back amd forth.

Thanks...I have had one on my 2014 GT500 for 4 years, but that actually has a higher approach angle. This car is low! LOL... Not much of a choice here in NJ, so it is what it is...and lets hope I don't hit any curbs or bottom out too bad! The price to have a sweet ass car!

OP
OP
Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Installed, pulled out of my driveway and it was enough to really scratch...took it off already. I have it in my trunk with a T-30 in case I have to quickly bolt on. This car is super low, and the added 1/2" lower is a big deal for me...

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Mine scrapes occasionally. Personally I think its a nice " telltale " to have up front as it scrapes before the splitter does. When it does scrape I usually lose the metal ring on the pull tab.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
For anyone who has installed the gt350 sto n sho license plate bracket are you finding more scraping or the same as normal with it installed? As I am installing this today, it sure looks like the female holes for the license plate bracket are in a "scrape" zone...Not sure I have a choice in NJ to not install at least to show I have something on the front, but I'd hate to do more damage in the event I bottom out.

Thanks in advance...

Sto n Sho is a NO-GO. 1-It actually lowers your ground clearance. B-Your license plate actually "shakes" as you motor on down the road. Thirdly, it's kind of a PIA to mount. I sold mine for half price to another forum member and installed the Craig's mount. Sturdy as hell. Ain't coming off without a chisel and mallet!
Sponsored