Sponsored

2019 Ecoboost Sound (exhaust & stereo) - Worth the Wait?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Can you tell me how many Cars that you have heard, that have shitty B&O sound systems in them, plz..?
I think you are shaming a Company, you know nothing about. (B&O Collection)

Also, on the flip-side, can you tell us what "Shaker Pro Audio" is...?
It's not a true b&o system. It's b&o play. It's a sub brand from b&o meant to be an upgrade on the lower end of the spectrum. B&o systems in German luxury cars are leaps and bounds above the system Ford is going to use. That's not to say it's going to sound bad at all just manage your expectations.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Here’s an excerpt from the fiesta B&O play review....

“Still, the jump up to the B&O Play system does bring an improvement in sound. It’s not a dramatic leap (which is further testament to the quality of the standard system) but you can hear more detail, the soundstage is bigger, dynamics more prominent and there’s a greater sense of immersion.”

https://www.whathifi.com/features/bo-play-sound-system-ford-fiesta-review

I’ve had loaner fiestas, there stock sound systems aren’t nearly as good as the shaker pro.

Again, not saying it’s going to be worse, but not going to be much better than the shaker (who I believe is made by clarion).I feel bad for anyone that waited to buy a mustang for the B&O system.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!

“Still, the jump up to the B&O Play system does bring an improvement in sound. It’s not a dramatic leap (which is further testament to the quality of the standard system) but you can hear more detail, the soundstage is bigger, dynamics more prominent and there’s a greater sense of immersion.”

I’ve had loaner fiestas, there stock sound systems aren’t nearly as good as the shaker pro.

Again, not saying it’s going to be worse, but not going to be much better than the shaker (who I believe is made by clarion).I feel bad for anyone that waited to buy a mustang for the B&O system.
Could be enough to make a difference for some people.

After you compare, let us know what you think.

Until the new system is heard in the car, no one knows. Guess work as fact does not get it.

Heck, I know in the vert, if they were to upgrade the two back speakers (like I had to), it DEFINITELY would be worth the wait. Replacing the two speakers was not a huge deal though...

My documented thoughts on replacing the two speakers are in my build thread.... I replaced them three years ago or so...

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Yeah, because THAT fiesta is in the same Premium market the mustang is in, or that the Fiesta has 12 speakers and 1,000 watts..?

It is as if you all thought the SHAKER system was good..?

We'll all know soon enough and I'll have my WAV tracks for preview listening. Sad that so many of you are badmouthing Ford choosing to go with B&O over SHAKER... lol

I think you all will be pleasantly surprised with Ford's choice.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Yeah, because THAT fiesta is in the same Premium market the mustang is in, or that the Fiesta has 12 speakers and 1,000 watts..?

It is as if you all thought the SHAKER system was good..?
So the review I posted compared the stock sony 100 watt sound system with 4 speakers to a 675 Watt B&O system with 10 speakers plus a subwoofer...and found it only marginally better...yet somehow you think the B&O system on the mustang is going to be somehow significantly better than the shaker pro? Uh huh, I don't think so.

We'll all know soon enough and I'll have my WAV tracks for preview listening. Sad that so many of you are badmouthing Ford choosing to go with B&O over SHAKER... lol

I think you all will be pleasantly surprised with Ford's choice.
Nobody is badmouthing anyone. Don't kid yourself, Ford isn't going to be spending any more money on the B&O system than the Shaker. The speaker quality is going to remain the same, so you'll be resting all of your laurels on the small amount of magic B&O can work with digital processing.

Again, B&O isn't magical in the fiesta, nor is it magical in the F150. It sounds good, yes...but not amazing. It "should" sound better than the Shaker, but anyone interested in any type of high quality is till going to be upgrading every last component the same as always.

Sponsored

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Got an EB with the 101A package, upgraded all the speakers with good aftermarket ones. Replaced the stock exhaust with a Magna Flow Street catback. Sounds great inside and out now :)

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
I can't imagine active exhaust on the EB being a fun factor. They should have quiet and stealth. Not knocking the motor, just the sound. It's like a beautiful woman that talks like Edith Bunker.
There are several videos of aftermarket exhaust system sound clips for the EB on Americanmuscle.com.

Some actually sound half way decent.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Got an EB with the 101A package, upgraded all the speakers with good aftermarket ones. Replaced the stock exhaust with a Magna Flow Street catback. Sounds great inside and out now :)
Yes, the Magnaflow Street Catback is one of the better sounding aftermarket exhaust systems for the Ecoboost.

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I will say the Sony audio system in my '13 F-150 is much better than the Shaker HD system in the wife's '18 GT. So, It's reasonable to say the B&O will be better than the Shaker. While the Shaker HD is some better than the standard system the subwoofer just isn't that great. IMHO.

And, I not so sure you can do very much to make the EB 4-cyl sound that good. If you get a chance listen to the 3.5L in the new Raptor. That's a very sad sound coming out of that engine. Once again that's just my opinion, and we know what they say about opinions. :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the Magnaflow Street Catback is one of the better sounding aftermarket exhaust systems for the Ecoboost.
That's not saying much. Better crap is still crap (again not knocking the engine, it's good, but Ford absolutely killed any chance for a good sound with the headifold and turbo selection).

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
That's not saying much. Better crap is still crap
How kind and respectful you are to refer to your fellow members Mustangs as “crap”. As a GT owner why did you even bother to post on this topic?

roskorocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost mustang - bone stock (for now)
I'm sure I could google it but does anyone have a link to the 19 EB with active exhaust clips?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I'm sure I could google it but does anyone have a link to the 19 EB with active exhaust clips?
It's not a long video, but here's the only one I could find.

[ame]
Sponsored