Sponsored

What the GT 350 looks like without the dash.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Fords gotta be bleeding a little green with all these warranty jobs.
Their warranty rates tripled right when I bought it in Nov2017. I haven't looked recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped again.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
My AC just started blowing hot air last night. But the cooled seats still cool. I think they work off the same system.

Earliest service appointment is June 7th.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
God damn, that's insane! I swear I've seen pics of this done without removing the driver's side of the dash and steering wheel, but wonder if this might have been easier, appears to have come out in one huge piece vs. lots of smaller pieces on the passenger side. Not looking forward to this, but will do it soon as my AC is shit, only works alright on the passenger side. Driver side blows warm air. Compressor now making a ton of noise too. I think I am going to try and use it a ton until it all breaks to have it all done at once. I'm sure the stress on my compressor running all the time has compromised it's life. Fucking Ford.

I will have Bozard Ford in St. Augustine do mine, they did an awesome job on my oil cooler line recall. Heads up to anyone in the area, their lead tech owns a late model Shelby himself and they only let him touch the GT350.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Fords gotta be bleeding a little green with all these warranty jobs.
Seriously??? Compared to how many F150s on the road??? Lol

PAWOLF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350
Is that why I feel like my AC doesn't cool down my car...? I have the AC blasting on low temperature / inside air circulation / with the AC button pressed at fan speed 3 all the time. And its only like 83 degrees outside..... On all my other vehicles it would get so cold at similar fan speed but on the gt350, I will have to have the fan facing directly to my body to cool down...

OP
OP
MYSNAKE

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Is that why I feel like my AC doesn't cool down my car...? I have the AC blasting on low temperature / inside air circulation / with the AC button pressed at fan speed 3 all the time. And its only like 83 degrees outside..... On all my other vehicles it would get so cold at similar fan speed but on the gt350, I will have to have the fan facing directly to my body to cool down...

It sounds like you have a failing A/C evaporator. The next thing you will see happen is that one side will blow cold and the other hot.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
People file class actions against Ford for a trans cooler.. when in reality all s550 owners should be fixed on a real solution for the myriad of problems within the a/c system itself. It's a 2015+ automobile not a 1980's Porsche.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
My AC just started blowing hot air last night. But the cooled seats still cool. I think they work off the same system.

Earliest service appointment is June 7th.
I believe the cooled seats have fans built into them and aren't connected to the A/C system at all, so even if the A/C went out the cooled seats would still work.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
With the dash out in one piece like that; good chance to put a digital dash from the 2018 in.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
With the dash out in one piece like that; good chance to put a digital dash from the 2018 in.

Allot of things won't work with the GT350. I'm betting Ford will offer a GT3540 Programmed version ion the near future, then it's a easy plug and play. See int infotainment section sticky.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Just had my dash out for the evaporator replacement. Tech did a great job and made sure everything was put back carefully..no rattles!! Only issue is it only blew cool for a week. Now Im back to the third summer of owning this car with no ac. This was the 4th ac repair on the car as lines and compressor were previously done. I'm starting to think ford has no solution for this ac system. I have an 8 year warranty so for now will continue with further testing and repairs.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Just had my dash out for the evaporator replacement. Tech did a great job and made sure everything was put back carefully..no rattles!! Only issue is it only blew cool for a week. Now Im back to the third summer of owning this car with no ac. This was the 4th ac repair on the car as lines and compressor were previously done. I'm starting to think ford has no solution for this ac system. I have an 8 year warranty so for now will continue with further testing and repairs.
Ridiculous. This is why I haven't rushed the car in yet, I hear every few months they come out with an upgraded version. In your case, I would argue they need to offer you a lifetime warranty on AC or you pursue the lemon law. No AC is unacceptable this day in age, standard in practically every car and last 100,000 miles in almost every car out there without ever needing to be touched.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Ridiculous. This is why I haven't rushed the car in yet, I hear every few months they come out with an upgraded version. In your case, I would argue they need to offer you a lifetime warranty on AC or you pursue the lemon law. No AC is unacceptable this day in age, standard in practically every car and last 100,000 miles in almost every car out there without ever needing to be touched.
It is about 92 degrees here on average throughout the summer so the car is useless without ac. The dealer tech was telling me that the ac components in the 350 are small and "wimpy" compared to other ford vehicles ( I would imagine to save weight?) That they just dont hold up being used daily. I drive my 4x4 Oct-April so I daily the 350 in the summer months. Being it is otherwise such a fun car I would have trouble parting with it and it may become my early spring and fall car if there is no resolution.
Sponsored