Sponsored

Any Interest In a Compact Spare for Brembo Equipped Cars?

Would you be interested in a compact spare that clears front and rear Brembo's?

• Total voters

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
so the ups guy arrived today.... and this is what i got:

only 2 pieces of packing tape were holding both cardboard halves together because the rest of them had fallen apart. the jack, etc. were hanging out of the hole on the other side. ups guy told me to triple check it before accepting, and laughed at the label on it saying do not accept if damaged, etc.. he took pics of it with his cellphone and said good luck if i want to make a claim because of how badly it was packaged. at the very least it could have been in some sort of box... but everything appears to be in order afaik. i'm going to dig into it over the weekend and install it in the car and see what happens.

i hope everyone else still waiting for theirs dosen't look like this :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
That looks like it went through customs, mine at least had straps instead of plastic holding the cardboard on. Not that the packing was very good.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i'm jealous you had straps. usually if customs opened it it would have a label saying so or there would be yellow customs tape used to seal it.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Already received the spare....The jack and lug wrench a arrived today....thanks drorr86....:thumbsup:

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
so the ups guy arrived today.... and this is what i got:

only 2 pieces of packing tape were holding both cardboard halves together because the rest of them had fallen apart. the jack, etc. were hanging out of the hole on the other side. ups guy told me to triple check it before accepting, and laughed at the label on it saying do not accept if damaged, etc.. he took pics of it with his cellphone and said good luck if i want to make a claim because of how badly it was packaged. at the very least it could have been in some sort of box... but everything appears to be in order afaik. i'm going to dig into it over the weekend and install it in the car and see what happens.

i hope everyone else still waiting for theirs dosen't look like this :(
spare tire.JPG

Every spare we send out is banded with cardboard protecting the wheels. This is the same way mounted wheels and tires are shipped from big retailers like tire rack. Unfortunately the straps are not intended to serve as a handle for lifting heavy objects and this is why yours are missing I would assuming. I'm guessing the delivery guys who handled your package from point A to point B have used the straps as handles and broke them off. My package pickup guy can vouch for each and every package I send out and I would not take the actual delivery mans comments about the packaging. Message me if I can assist you in any way.

Sponsored

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
My Wheel kit arrived today, in perfect condition, so many thanks Drorr86. The UK side of delivery took longer that getting across the Atlantic as well, but thats not an issue. To keep the Jack and handle in place i have wrapped them in a thick towel, and they dont move about under the spare. The spare wheel cover fits perfectly on top. The existing bolt that came with the pump kit is then used to keep it all in place.

Its a quality kit, and something i hope never to use! But it does make me feel much happier about the risk of a flat.

outta here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
currently none
Just got my spare and jack kit from Automotive Authority. Great product!
Shipping packaging great, nylon banded. Tire and jack kit fit perfectly in spare well.
Customer service fast, sent emails and got reply within in an hour.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
This kit will fit the PP2 without any problems at all. Happy Thanksgiving!
Is there anything I'd have to do since the fronts are 10.5x19 and the rear's are 11x19? Can I safely run this setup on both the front and the rear without causing any damage to the rear end?

Sponsored

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is there anything I'd have to do since the fronts are 10.5x19 and the rear's are 11x19? Can I safely run this setup on both the front and the rear without causing any damage to the rear end?
The spare will work on the front and rear without any problems, nothing special will need to be done

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think what he was getting at was the difference in circumference of the tire causing damage to the differential.
You need to stay as close as possible to the tire diameter that is being matched on the opposite side of the vehicle. Extreme differences in tire size can cause traction control warning lights, ABS warning lights, as well as damage to the diff when running for short or prolonged distances. Our full size spare is within 5% or less of the rolling diameter of OEM tires depending on year/model of the vehicle. The tire that comes mounting on the spare is an All Season Tire capable of 99mph with a treadwear life of 35,000 miles.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I think what he was getting at was the difference in circumference of the tire causing damage to the differential.

Regardless, according to the company who makes the diff, it can withstand a much larger difference in tire size than most people would think:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/torsen-differential-and-mini-spare-tire.40727/
Correct. I am running 10X19 285/35/19's during the winter but it seems like this spare will likely work with both the OEM and my winter setup. I'll be ordering it shortly. Honestly if I got a flat I'd likely get it towed. But in a rare situation where I had to move it I'd like the option without tearing up a wheel. This seems like it would fit nicely.