Sponsored

First DCT GT500 Mustang Caught on Video? Plus Hood Vents Up Close

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
The option in red.

As you said, let's be realistic.... How could a "track focused Mustang" do basically the same time than the "Dragstrip focused" Dodge Demon AND STILL have "ZL1-Like performance" at the track? No way.

In my opinion it will be in the same ballpark than the Z06 in straight line performance and very close around track. Stock with street tires I'm betting it would barely hit the 10's.... (which is great btw).

I call BS on that time, maybe they got messed up and they were talking about the Demon. A lot of people despise the fact that the GT500 NOW will be a track focused car and they are hoping and "waiting" for a "Demon-Slayer"..... they'll be really disappointed even when the GT500 will be a great performer in other areas.

Most likely those are "for test purposes only" since that's still a test-mule (not a prototype like the new ones).
I agree with you. That would be a hell of a machine if all it needs was DRs/slicks to run that time!! That would mean on SC2 Tires it would still be capable of what a 10.2-10.4, that would definitely mean what ever sources are hearing and relaying is inaccurate!! What are SC ‘18 mustangs running with DRs? Have any broke into the 9’s?
Sponsored

Last edited:

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Compare the small exhaust tips shown in post 2388 of page 160 in the GT500 Mustang New Spy Video thread to the large exhaust tips in this thread.
High probability they are purely decorative just like on the 350 and are part of the rear fascia and not even connected to the exhaust.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
how about a e85 factory tune switch. that would liven it up. high flow fuel pump. 772HP 93O. 820HP E85
;) wonder what that DCT can handle.:)
that's the only way I could see 9s.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
how about a e85 factory tune switch. that would liven it up. high flow fuel pump. 772HP 93O. 820HP E85
;) wonder what that DCT can handle.:)
that's the only way I could see 9s.
Maybe 9.99999s and don’t forget about slicks.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
So are they really using the old head lamp design or is this still a mule?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think it makes complete sense. Cars with much over 600 hp just become a handful to drive with a manual. Sure it's still fun, but you can enjoy a little bit more of what makes the car special (if it's done right) with a DCT. Like the GT3 RS, GT-R, McLarens, Ferraris, etc.
How much is a DCT with a high torque rating? Probably a lot more than a Tremec Magnum rated at 700 lb / ft.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It would be hard to compete with the Demon's 18" drag slicks on 19-20" PSC2s. I doubt Ford would also offer 18" drag slicks to try to take down the Demon "from the factory".

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
It is not going to run 9's in stock trim from the factory.

I do think it will be a very fast and well balanced car, I am in for one with the DCT.

Now, when we get the formal introduction??

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
So first I’ll say I highly doubt this 9.7@139 is legit. Doing some math though tje Demon with 4280 lbs and 840 (ecu change) has a power to weight of 5.1. How much the skinny fronts, trans brake, etc save I don’t know. But IF the REAL power is more then we’re hearing say 775 and weight is reasonable like BMac has said they are focusing on, say 3910 that power to weight would be about 5.04. So maybe with a heck of a DCT launch system and DRs that time is possible, but like I said it all seems highly unlikely, definitely not impossible though.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
It would be hard to compete with the Demon's 18" drag slicks on 19-20" PSC2s. I doubt Ford would also offer 18" drag slicks to try to take down the Demon "from the factory".
Ford doesn't care about the Demon, specially since it won't be available for sale by the time the GT500 comes out.

How much is a DCT with a high torque rating? Probably a lot more than a Tremec Magnum rated at 700 lb / ft.
The TR9007 has a torque rating of 900Nm (664lb-ft), so I'm pretty sure this GT500 won't have more than 664lb-ft.

So first I’ll say I highly doubt this 9.7@139 is legit. Doing some math though tje Demon with 4280 lbs and 840 (ecu change) has a power to weight of 5.1. How much the skinny fronts, trans brake, etc save I don’t know. But IF the REAL power is more then we’re hearing say 775 and weight is reasonable like BMac has said they are focusing on, say 3910 that power to weight would be about 5.04. So maybe with a heck of a DCT launch system and DRs that time is possible, but like I said it all seems highly unlikely, definitely not impossible though.
Sadly it looks like the HP will be in the low 700's and the weight above 4100lb so.... more than unlikely I see it impossible tbh.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Ford doesn't care about the Demon, specially since it won't be available for sale by the time the GT500 comes out.

The TR9007 has a torque rating of 900Nm (664lb-ft), so I'm pretty sure this GT500 won't have more than 664lb-ft.

Sadly it looks like the HP will be in the low 700's and the weight above 4100lb so.... more than unlikely I see it impossible tbh.
Do you know what gross vehicle weight is on that DCT rating? I won’t say it’s impossible until the numbers are announced! Man low 700’s is a bit disappointing, the reason I say that is you can already get a Roush stage 2 with 710 hp and A10 and for around 65k.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Do you know what gross vehicle weight is on that DCT rating? I won’t say it’s impossible until the numbers are announced! Man low 700’s is a bit disappointing, the reason I say that is you can already get a Roush stage 2 with 710 hp and A10 and for around 65k.
I honestly have no idea, but according to the website it says 5290lb http://www.tremec.com/anexos/File/TREMEC_TR-9007.DCT.pdf

I don't see low 700's as disappointing at all because even if you can get the RS2 for around 65k, the GT500 will be SO MUCH BETTER, and "special" car.

I'm bet there is an "easter egg" in the picture of the 12in display, but not in the way we thought.....

I'm pretty sure instead of telling us that it will have "772HP" it says that it will have "7speed" and "72X"HP. I added some things to the picture:
Untitled.jpg

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
the torque rating for that DTC is designated by GRVW. it's been a while since I looked up the info, but thought it was for a 5,500GRVW. that's torque not HP.
I expect what one of the insiders here said. 750hp +or- 5, to come to pass.
Sponsored